`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
I have 3 jumbo cards that have the sportficks look. They are of Sammy Sosa's 60th HR, McGwire's 1st HR, and 500th HR.

It says players choice as the label with MLBPA under the Logo.

I cannot find them in the card list.

Unknown Gary Sheffield Card
Can anyone identify the attached Gary Sheffield Card? I have looked in the price guides and conducted several searches with no luck. The stats on the back are from his 1988 season.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-21-2011, 10:22 PM)chrisolds Wrote: This isn't a thread for forum/tech questions. I think there is a Help forum under Misc.
i got a good one. member stars. why does beckett grade with the stars for chat. it should be given for trading not writing. i have over 200 trades but because i dont post my thoughts like everybody else i have 3 stars (522 posts). new trader joins and has 2 trades but 1000 posts has 3 stars and is senior member. do you think this should be changed or corrected? can you pm response, thanks

i couldnt find the link, anyway for you to forward?

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Hi Chris

This is my first post on here. Im from Northeast Pa. and I'm fairly new to collecting, (well I used to accummulate as a kid) anyhow. I busted a lineage case to rip and flip and received a Pujols experimental lineagraph.
Now on the back of the card it says card produced as a limited edition. Not intended for resale. To be returned to and then goes on to list the Topps co. address in NYC. It is serialled # 12/99

My question is this. Do people actually return these to topps? I saw one listed on ebay for $100 last month and it was pulled almost immediately.
There are a few other players available on the bay but dont command a high price.

I havent seen any discussion on this topic so Im asking for maybe some advice. I know every collector is different but what would you do?

Should i send it back to topps. (lol)
Send it in to be graded.
Hold on to it
Sell it.

(11-02-2011, 09:20 PM)titus-pullo Wrote: Hi Chris

This is my first post on here. Im from Northeast Pa. and I'm fairly new to collecting, (well I used to accummulate as a kid) anyhow. I busted a lineage case to rip and flip and received a Pujols experimental lineagraph.
Now on the back of the card it says card produced as a limited edition. Not intended for resale. To be returned to and then goes on to list the Topps co. address in NYC. It is serialled # 12/99

My question is this. Do people actually return these to topps? I saw one listed on ebay for $100 last month and it was pulled almost immediately.
There are a few other players available on the bay but dont command a high price.

I havent seen any discussion on this topic so Im asking for maybe some advice. I know every collector is different but what would you do?

Should i send it back to topps. (lol)
Send it in to be graded.
Hold on to it
Sell it.
Nope. That type is just to emulate the originals. I think there is tiny type on the card saying not to or something if I remember correctly.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(11-03-2011, 07:29 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Nope. That type is just to emulate the originals. I think there is tiny type on the card saying not to or something if I remember correctly.
Yes thanks for the fast reply - exactly right. In small print after the tracking info it says " The above address is ficticious and is used for appearances only.
-- the address is actually 1 Whitehall Street NY NY 1004
The beginning of Whitehall street is the staten island ferry terminal. LOL thanks

Chris, something I've noticed and wrote to beckett about and wanted to ask about it. Not a big deal and I am sure no on really noticed it anyways. In the How to use the price guide section in Beckett baseball under multipliers I spotted an error. In the example a card priced 20-50 cents is used with the multiplier being 20-40X high value. This would make the parallel version valued at 10-20$, however, in beckett it states the parallel version is valued 5-10$. Just something i've noticed for a while and never got a response in regards to my inquiries. Thanks and continue the great work.

I have seen that Griffey will be signing cards for Topps this year. Have you heard if Topps will make base or insert cards of him?

This is probably a typical question from a newbie, but please help me.
I have a complete set of 1999 Sports Illustrated cards from Fleer. There are 180 cards, including the indexes which are #179 and #180.
I have just bought a total access subscription, but when I search for the set or for the individual cards, they do not show up.
The cards are in perfect mint condition and I am trying to determine their value.

I have 2 Babe Ruth cards that I cant find how much they are worth. Both cards are from the 2004 Sweet Spot Classic Patch set and they are both #ed. The first card is #ed 1/10 SSP-RU and i think this is an All-Star patch the other is also #ed 1/25 and im thinking this is the MLB patch card. Can you please help me to determine their value and are they worth getting graded?

Thanks
Donald