`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

jnjbj Wrote:Hi, I am looking for help with 2 cards that I have from the 2009-10 USA Set. The first card is a Rick Hague USA Triple Jersey Auto (black Auto) #TJANT-RH no serial # and the swatches are red U white S blue A (national team)$0#2- Ladson Montgomery USA Triple Jersey Auto (black auto) #TJA18U-LM no serial # and the swatches are the same red U white S blue A (18U national team)$0$0I have looked online for these and i do not see anything that is matching.$0

There are a few possibilities, but your best bet is to post a scan here. The parallels on some sets like this can get messy when it comes to the checklisting (which thankfully I don't have to do). Posting a scan will help him ID the issue.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

rogeras Wrote:I was hoping to get some help identifying a card, After buying several boxes of 2004 Fleer Rookies and Greats I ended up with what I thought initally was a double of a double swatch card of Mike Hessman and Chipper Jones. I then discoverd that there were some diffencess between the two cards. Card 1 has 2 white swatches with Joneses swatch id'd as comming from his Jersey, Card 2 has Hessmans swatch being id'd the same as card one as coming from his pants, however the Jones swatch is grey and is id'd as being Game worn patch(no mention of pants)

On the back of the cards both cards state that the Hessman swatch was from game worn pants and that the Jones swatch was from a game worn jersey, the big diff on the back wast that card 1 states it is #025 of 360, card two says it is card #22 of 25 could you help me figure out what is what with these two cards... if it would be helpfull I did Photo copy the cards side by side and could send you a pic of the copy if that might help.

Thank you for your help,

Dodgeras

Do a search for "Chipper Jones Mike Hessman" here on Beckett.com and you will find the cards. They only appear on three cards together.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

i bought a pack of 2010 heritage and pulled nothing but these

DSCN0427.jpg picture by brianbn
what are they

thanks

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

peytonmanning32476 Wrote:i bought a pack of 2010 heritage and pulled nothing but these

what are they

thanks

Topps obviously had registration blocks on its sheets somewhere -- the blocks are used to show when the colors are out of alignment or low on one of the colors of ink. Obviously they weren't supposed to be cut and placed into packs.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

peytonmanning32476 Wrote:i bought a pack of 2010 heritage and pulled nothing but these

what are they

thanks

Topps obviously had registration blocks on its sheets somewhere -- the blocks are used to show when the colors are out of alignment or low on one of the colors of ink. Obviously they weren't supposed to be cut and placed into packs.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

chrisolds Wrote:

what are they

thanks

do you know how rare they are or if topps can replace them

thanks

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

chrisolds Wrote:
This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

Now that it's May, any idea when these multimedia projects will be rolled out? 

RiceLynnEvans75 Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:
This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

The great thing about this thread? I'm not obligated to answer anything.

But I'll answer this one, anyway -- just for you because I know you're a big fan.

The answer?

Yes, I do know.

(Being polite goes a long way with me. If you're not, you get ignored.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

peytonmanning32476 Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:

what are they

thanks

do you know how rare they are or if topps can replace them

thanks

I'm sure Topps will send you replacement cards if you request them. Go to Topps.com and find the customer service or FAQ section and you will find the procedure for replacements.

As for rarity, sure, they might be rarer than other printers waste that gets into packs. Definitely an unusual talking point. But would someone want them?
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

chrisolds Wrote:
RiceLynnEvans75 Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:

The great thing about this thread? I'm not obligated to answer anything.

But I'll answer this one, anyway -- just for you because I know you're a big fan.

The answer?

Yes, I do know.

(Being polite goes a long way with me. If you're not, you get ignored.)

No problem.  I'll just give Greg Lindberg a call and ask him.