`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

malouf1850 Wrote:is there any way to post an add on the Beckett web site letting people know what cards i'm looking for or do i just have to hope some one happens to see my post. i need one card to finish a set and can not find it, i need card #7 from the 2008 prime cuts material quads. ( numbered to 5)

You can do that on the message board and in your my collections account as well.

Most people also put a note in their signature file.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

NASHUABUDMAN666 Wrote:Hi, I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with. Do you know when the 2009 Mystery Cuts Redemption cards will be shipped? I redeemed my card on  7/4/09.  All so, Ed O'Neil 2008 NFL Icons Football Autograph. I redeemed my card 5/29/09 and have yet to receive it. Thank you for any help you can give me, or us, I'm sure a lot of collectors are wondering the same thing.
Mike
mmslo4@comcast.net

Redemptions are always a mystery -- in more ways than one. Your best bet is to call them and ask about them -- or request replacements if you're not too attached to those cards. I had a mystery cut that took nearly a year to receive -- sounds about the same for you.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

gmarutiak1 Wrote:Hey Chris, is there any chance Upper Deck will try to find a baseball-licensing loophole like Classic did in late '80s through early '90s and start producing cards that are part of a game, and not sold individually as cards?

If it features an MLB logo, it must be cleared through MLB Properties otherwise they will be hauled into court just like Upper Deck was. Games with cards would be like any other product -- video games, stationary, pens, wallpaper, greeting cards, valentines cards, clothes, etc.All are MLB-approved if they use the logos.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

rcrascals28 Wrote:Chris,

Not sure if you'll be able to answer this or not.  I just completed a refractor set of 2009 Bowman Sterling WBC Relics.  When I first started putting this set together, they had Jose Reyes in the set, but on here he is not on the checklist, do you know why he was taken out?  Also, any idea why they did not make any USA cards for this set?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Likely just a checklist change for one of countless possible reasons. Perhaps Topps couldn't obtain the USA jerseys -- or perhaps they're saving them for a future product.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

keaton1000 Wrote:I have the Teddy Roosevelt 1 of 1 cut signature from the 05 Turkey Red Football set. How do I upload a scan for the site to use?

To show it on the boards, you have to upload it to a photobucket account and use an embed code.

For it to (eventually) show up in the image database you have to upload it from that specific card's page.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

rickpht Wrote:I just opened up a case of 2008 UD Masterpieces and pulled an Ozzie Smith Stroke of Genius Auto. But when I try to add it to my collection for trading, it is not listed. Who would I talk to about adding the card into the system?

Think my question got skipped.
"It's to bad she wont live, then again who does"
[Image: eEUso.png]

rickpht Wrote:
rickpht Wrote:I just opened up a case of 2008 UD Masterpieces and pulled an Ozzie Smith Stroke of Genius Auto. But when I try to add it to my collection for trading, it is not listed. Who would I talk to about adding the card into the system?

Think my question got skipped.

Your info was passed along to the person who is responsible for adding them. (Not sure if it's been added or not.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

How can I get a hold of Upper Deck? I have tried emails, phone calls none of the line I know work. I want them to send me trades for a redemption but it is no use. 3 weeks now and nothing from them. Please help me.

jimmy

Hi Chris. Great sticky, by the way. Hopfully this hasnt been asked, as i havnt read every post, but i have a 2 part question. First, is their a way to determine the print run of a non serial #ed card, for instance. Last year, i pulled The David price, White uniform, card # 401B, from 2009 UD series 1. The card books for $100 (High Book), so i know their are at least 25, but how can you figure out if their are 50??? or 500?? Does UD know the production run or does Becketts???

Secondly, i wanted to know about Press Proof cards. Are these simply concidered parallel cards??? Or, are these the original proofs of a particular card, making them short prints???

Thank You in advance. Rory
[Image: oreobanner.jpg]
Colle
ct Wings, Lions, Tigers, Topps Gold Border Baseball, 2009 UD 20th Anniversary Re
trospective Set.

The other day I bought a box of 2007 SPx. To my surprise I pulled a Platinum Iron Man 1/1 about half way through. It got even better when in the last pack I pulled a yellow printing plate of Chipper Jones and stuck to it (loosely) was a yellow printing plate for Devern Hansack. On the back of the Hansack printing plate, the card states it is #106. I noticed that the on-line Beckett price guide has no card #106 listed and in the base set #106 is Tim Lincecum. Any clarification you could give would be great!