`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

bballcardkid Wrote:Chris, I've got a 2009 UD Signature Stars Gerrit Cole Autograph as you can see below
I'm wondering if you guys know the estimated print run on these cards. Based on how rarely these cards appear on the secondary market compared to the other UD Signature Stars USA cards, I would guess that these would be limited to 100 or less, but I want to ask and see if you guys know an exact figure. Thanks

If we don't publish an announced print run on something, there wasn't one announced. You can bet that no autographed cards are in unlimited supply, but there's also no way of really gauging how many exist either. Because for every one that ends up on eBay there could be others found and never seen and even more sitting in unopened packs. I'm not comfortable speculating because there's no way to know.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

ballstreetsports Wrote:I have a 1977 Topps Baseball #183 Cardinals team card with a white back. I haven't been able to find any information about a "white back" variation. Any information would be appreciated.

I can answer this one.  Topps offered Team Checklists on their wrappers for a couple years, which turned out to be white-backed, thinner versions of the Team Checklist card.  They also came in sheet form where you had to cut them yourself.

is there any way to post an add on the Beckett web site letting people know what cards i'm looking for or do i just have to hope some one happens to see my post. i need one card to finish a set and can not find it, i need card #7 from the 2008 prime cuts material quads. ( numbered to 5)

Hi, I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with. Do you know when the 2009 Mystery Cuts Redemption cards will be shipped? I redeemed my card on  7/4/09.  All so, Ed O'Neil 2008 NFL Icons Football Autograph. I redeemed my card 5/29/09 and have yet to receive it. Thank you for any help you can give me, or us, I'm sure a lot of collectors are wondering the same thing.
Mike
mmslo4@comcast.net

Hey Chris, is there any chance Upper Deck will try to find a baseball-licensing loophole like Classic did in late '80s through early '90s and start producing cards that are part of a game, and not sold individually as cards?

Chris,

Not sure if you'll be able to answer this or not.  I just completed a refractor set of 2009 Bowman Sterling WBC Relics.  When I first started putting this set together, they had Jose Reyes in the set, but on here he is not on the checklist, do you know why he was taken out?  Also, any idea why they did not make any USA cards for this set?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

I have the Teddy Roosevelt 1 of 1 cut signature from the 05 Turkey Red Football set. How do I upload a scan for the site to use?

I have a 1990 griffey upper deck card that has 3 security holograms on the back instead of one...would beckett grade this and would they label it an error card?

[Image: yanks005-1-1.jpg]
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

MNFIREFIGHTER Wrote:I am not sure if I am in the correct spot for this questions as I am new to this site. I have two uncut Beckett Magazines covers. One has Chuck Knobloch on the front cover and Frank Thomas on the back cover. The other one has Ricky Henderson and I thnk either Ron Gant or David Justice on the back. I have no idea if they are worth anything. Anyone have any oppinions on this.

Thanks,

Dan
</a>

They're worth what a fan of one of those players would be willing to pay for something unusual like that. (I'd guess $50 at MOST.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)