Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

chrisolds Wrote:<i>Here's another sticky! Just for you guys...</i>

<b>Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...</b>
(I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum. I also don't handle tech/site issues. Other than that, I'll see what I can do... )

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

I have a 1977 Topps Baseball #183 Cardinals team card with a white back. I haven't been able to find any information about a "white back" variation. Any information would be appreciated.

I have a 2006 Donruss Recollection Autograph [86 Donruss] 2/3 Dave Winfield. Your price guide has it listed as numbered to two. Is your price guide wrong in this case?.

Hello Mr. Olds,

I have like a few questions not so much on prices but it deals with it.... Ok in the Beckett this month in the top 10 was a card from it was 8 on the list. the price was listed then if you turn the page to that card in that year its another price no really so big but when you get the online price guide there is still another price. SO my question is does the online price guide prices come then to the beckett the next month(or two as your printing them now) becuase it being an error in the book in one place was just an over looked error I believe that everyone makes. Second we can go to graded cards the same card there are so many on ebay graded by BGS its not even funny and there are many kinds of the card numbered to 799,100,50 and so on. how evver this brand Donruss is not even listed as a 2007 product. not only the Jason Heyward card but the other players where are they at? why are they not listed in graded card report only by serial number. And this is not the only time I have found this Michael Stanton I have his 1 of 1 2008 card and if you look up Michael Stanton it doesn't come up nor do any of the Bowman brands under his name so is the report really true.... I mean everyone wants a low numbered auto card of a good rookie but for cards to not even be found man makes you wonder..... Lastly I must say that I enjoyed this months issue having info about players again even through it was stuff I already knew I liked seeing it and the fact that topps landed USA from 1994 until now I have every baseball beckett and I think thats the thing I like the most besides pricing is information.... and the hot list and stuff that is hot lloking back I can remember when you did sets and other things besides cards and the hot and cold list of players so I just wanted to thank you for all of that and ask my few questions if you can read all of this Thanks either way for you time and what you do for baseball cards
King Calhoun

I have 3 complete sets of studio silver press proofs and 2 incomplete sets (missing the same 3 cards in the 2 set) there was only 100 sets produced... some card shop told me they are worth a penny each card so i told him how rare they where and that they came from magazines I hate how if a girl asks a question they assume you don't know anything ....so i told him I'm selling them to someone else then he tried to make me feel like no one else will buy them(tring to make me go through him) so I know they have to be worth a lot,can anyone on here tell me the amount they are worth until I can afford to "buy the price" on here? Thank You

what year is your set from say its from 1997 its like 240 to 600
2004 150 to 400 the problem when going through a dealer is your most time only going to get 50% of the vaule because they have to make money too. you can sale on ebay, beckett and naxcom however to be able to do that you have to pay there fees and have someone that wants to by your item, the problem there I can't think of of many people that want a set like that there will be some just not a lot welling to pay that price I believe. Most people that I see collecting now collect for one or two things (rc) or the older player cards that have like a nice feel i.e. the bowman heritage cards (old type cards) or bowman chromes or donruss elite (rc) hope that helps
King Calhoun

I have a 2008 Topps Highlights AutographPrince Fielder card (HA-PF) and a 2008 Topps Highlights Autograph Fausto Carmona card (HA-FC). When I looked at Beckett, it said thatthere was PF Prince Fielder B2 & a PF Prince Fielder B and FC Fausto Carmona C and a FC Fausto Carmona E2. It does notstate what the differences are between the two Fielder cards except that one$20 more as for Carmona cards, one is listed at $15 and the other is not listed. Can you let me know what the differences are between the highlight autograph cards? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->_______

I have a buch of 1992 Topps stadium club cards. I can't find any info about them on your site. Why is that

tjchoun1 Wrote:Hello Mr. Olds,

I have like a few questions not so much on prices but it deals with it.... Ok in the Beckett this month in the top 10 was a card from it was 8 on the list. the price was listed then if you turn the page to that card in that year its another price no really so big but when you get the online price guide there is still another price. SO my question is does the online price guide prices come then to the beckett the next month(or two as your printing them now) becuase it being an error in the book in one place was just an over looked error I believe that everyone makes. Second we can go to graded cards the same card there are so many on ebay graded by BGS its not even funny and there are many kinds of the card numbered to 799,100,50 and so on. how evver this brand Donruss is not even listed as a 2007 product. not only the Jason Heyward card but the other players where are they at? why are they not listed in graded card report only by serial number. And this is not the only time I have found this Michael Stanton I have his 1 of 1 2008 card and if you look up Michael Stanton it doesn't come up nor do any of the Bowman brands under his name so is the report really true.... I mean everyone wants a low numbered auto card of a good rookie but for cards to not even be found man makes you wonder..... Lastly I must say that I enjoyed this months issue having info about players again even through it was stuff I already knew I liked seeing it and the fact that topps landed USA from 1994 until now I have every baseball beckett and I think thats the thing I like the most besides pricing is information.... and the hot list and stuff that is hot lloking back I can remember when you did sets and other things besides cards and the hot and cold list of players so I just wanted to thank you for all of that and ask my few questions if you can read all of this Thanks either way for you time and what you do for baseball cards

Prices are updated on a daily basis, so the OPG will always be the most up-to-date. The magazines are up-to-date when they are printed but card values will inevitably change between the time of printing and the time it gets in your hands. Graded card pricing is reflective of there being enough cards sold to compile an average price. One outrageous sale of a card doesn't mean that will consistently happen.

There is more than one Mike Stanton. One is a former Braves pitcher. It sounds like you might have found the wrong guy.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Deman817 Wrote:I have a buch of 1992 Topps stadium club cards. I can't find any info about them on your site. Why is that

Did you search for &lt;b&gt;1992 Stadium Club&lt;/b&gt;?
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)