`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
(06-24-2011, 02:40 AM)cardariffic Wrote: I mean that somewhere in Beckett logs, there is the information about the subgrades stored for every card ever graded by Beckett, right? So, why not use that information? Why is that information being kept from collectors? I dont understand that at all.

------------

The pop reports do not include subgrades. It very easily could have been something that was not entered into that database in the early years. If it's not from Day 1, you really can't just start doing it.
Im talking about The Registry, not the Pop. Count...when you enter the serial numbers off of any card graded by beckett it will tell you the subgrades as they are in your registry. So, every card graded by beckett has this information somewhere in the beckett logs of The Registry. Now what im asking is why cant this information be used in order to create listings in the population report as to how many 9.5's or whatever are actually graded 9.5 across the board or better. This would make it so that when you have a card graded with 9.5 across the board it will become more valuable according to how many there have been graded at that level. It would be easy enough to create a code that when hovering over the numbers in each grade category could bring up a list of how many there are of each of the different levels of that grade in the total population.
10, 10, 9.5, 9.5= 2
10, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 = 25
9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 = 265
9.5, 9.5, 9.0, 9.5 = 754
These are all 9.5's that have different values because of the quality of the subgrades. With this implimented you could REALLY tell how rare your 10, 10, 9.5, 9.5 is in the general 9.5 population. It would be nice to have that information. Im sure this is something that MANY people want. I just dont understand why its not already in place...can you tell me the reason?

This is regarding the 1995 Topps Archives card
#103 Sandy Koufax. Why was this card ever listed as an UER?
I know that it is just a reprint, but I'm sure the original never listed his birthday as, Dec. 30th, 1995.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Why is it that cards that I have marked as "Wants" in my org, do not have yellow stars by them when I trade, and cards that have yellow stars I do not need? It's becoming a pain in the @$$ having to look at each and every card before making a trade to see weather or not I already have it or need it and if its marked properly blah blah blah.
kmaese24

This thread isn't for website/tech questions since I don't handle that. For that stuff, email customerservice@beckett.com or check out the section on the boards for site recommendations.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Has anyone heard when 2011 Bowman Platinum is going to release? I was told 7/27/11 but someone told me today they were releasing on 7/20/11.

Does this site have an updated listing of product releases anywhere? Seems like the mfg'ers don't have it on their sites or at least I can't find it. I've found some sites that do pretty well but it still seems like a guessing game at times. Figured Beckett would be my best source.
My PC is all about the Pittsburgh Panthers. I collect any and all former Pitt Panthers that have gone pro. Some of the top names are Mike Ditka, Tony Dorsett, Mark May, Dan Marino, Hugh Green, Craig Heyward, Curtis Martin, Larry Fitzgerald, LeSean McCoy, Darrelle Revis, Jonathan Baldwin and many more.

July 27 is the latest I have heard. Either way, there is no absolute firm date as people will rip and ship early and some places won't get it on time. (Topps's routine is to ship so it arrives on the date, typically a Wednesday.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris,
Is it normal for a UD Sweet Spot Auto such as the 2009 Derek Jeter Sweet Spot Signatures card not to fit into a 130 point card holder?
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I was wondering if the Ginter code parrallels will be listed soon, as well as the cipher cards. Also on this subject I pulled a redemption auto for a Nick Jacoby auto numbered AGA-NJA, but the auto listings do not have it listed. Here is a scan to verify.

[Image: 1e80d9141431074.jpg]

To animie67, I have an auto from that set and use a 10-card hard case. It fits in perfectly.

(07-18-2011, 03:33 AM)animie67 Wrote: Chris,
Is it normal for a UD Sweet Spot Auto such as the 2009 Derek Jeter Sweet Spot Signatures card not to fit into a 130 point card holder?
[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

(07-18-2011, 03:33 AM)animie67 Wrote: Chris,
Thanks Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(07-20-2011, 11:45 AM)portfan Wrote: I was wondering if the Ginter code parrallels will be listed soon, as well as the cipher cards. Also on this subject I pulled a redemption auto for a Nick Jacoby auto numbered AGA-NJA, but the auto listings do not have it listed. Here is a scan to verify.

[Image: 1e80d9141431074.jpg]

To animie67, I have an auto from that set and use a 10-card hard case. It fits in perfectly.
Ginter pricing = Friday or Monday. If a card is missing send info and scan to bfleischer@beckett.com.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news