Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

chrisolds Wrote:
animie67 Wrote:How can you identify what a refractor card looks like.

The plastic will reflect different colors of light. And there should be a notation on the back near the card number that says Refractor.

Thank you for the info Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Chris,
Can you help me with this:

On Brennan Boesch's 2007 bowman card he is in a padre uniform. When did he ever play for any part of the padres organization? He was drafted by detroit from the get go. Is this card an UER and has a picture of another player?

Just wierd that this is his first Bowman Chrome card and will be a good one if he continues and no one else has picked up on this.

Thank you,
Tyson

I have a 2010 Topps Mickey Mantle The Cards Your Mom Threw Out bought from a series 1 pack which has the card number CMT-17 and #280 1968 TOPPS dosent match up in the Beckett there is a MTO17 and that comes from series 1?????

I posted this elsewhere, but nobody seemed to know anything, so perhaps you can help. My question is about 2009-10 UD USA Baseball.
After buying a case of this stuff, and pulling the big name base autos, I decided to build this auto set. I've now got all of the cards listed other than cards #86 Tony Wolters and #107 Nicky Delmonico. I've seen a red auto variation of the Wolters, but haven't been able to find the base blue auto cards anywhere.
As Wolters is the only card listed with an NA in the OPG, I'm wondering if the regular blue auto of this card was ever made. I'm also confused by the numbering in this set. First of all, there is no card #60. Cards #61-82 then follow in order, and are the autos of the National Team in the same order as they appear in the base set, which makes perfect sense.
Card #83, the Bryce Harper auto, starts the Under 18 team, which is fully represented except for one player it seems, Kavin Keyes, along with the MIA Tony Wolters and Nicky Delmonico cards. But the numbering skips a whole whack of numbers, which means the Under 18 autos run from card #83 to card #116, even though there are only 18 or 19 cards within that range. The Under 16 patch cards complete the set, running cards #119-136, and are complete and in order, except there is no card #131. There's no player missing, there's just no card #131.
Am I ever going to find the Wolters (I'd like to as he was drafted by my team, the Indians) and Delmonico? What happened to Kavin Keyes that he didn't get an auto? Why no card #60? Why skip all over the place for the Under 18 autos? Any info on any of this craziness would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, here's hoping a bunch of these guys make it huge, as it's a sizeable auto set! Cheers.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Hi

I Have a Fleer 2001 Derek Jeter collection game used bat card (No Autograph) and I cant find any info on it. Is this a non listed card?

Thanks

ken

Here's one Chris, is it wrong to day dream all day long about opening a pack of Topps Allen and Ginter 2010 and finding a rare Jason Heyward auto or RC? Furthermore is it wrong to be a baseball collector, buy a pack of Topps Allen and Ginter, pull a rare Avery Jenkins relic and try to sell it to buy more Allen and Ginter? It feels wrong, but I could careless about a disc golf fellow.
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

For those of you who still attend card shows what is your opinion on the best way to organize cards to make it easier on the buyer. I see dealers who set out monster boxes with endless cards for people to search through, $1 boxes, binders etc. Which way do you prefer when attending a show?
Jim-Indiana

I just purchased a blaster box from Target and pulled that rare Jason Heyward autograph. It's an awesome card and I'll probably be selling it on Ebay soon so I can buy more A & G.
Jim-Indiana

The MTO version is the original back parallel insert i'm almost positive.

TravisThomas Wrote:I have a 2010 Topps Mickey Mantle The Cards Your Mom Threw Out bought from a series 1 pack which has the card number CMT-17 and #280 1968 TOPPS dosent match up in the Beckett there is a MTO17 and that comes from series 1?????

[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

i have a couple of questions.

1. i have some 1998 marvel comic cards graded by Beckett, i can look them up but when i go to put them in my org they are not listed. how / who can fix this problem?

2. when i was loading my graded cards the other day i came across about 20 that had a message come up that said the serial number had been changed. who do i talk to about this issue?

3. when i was loading my graded cards the other day, i could not find the card is not listed in the Beckett check list any where and the lable has card #4 on it but the card say's #3. who can fix this issue?

4. how come when i send an email to customer service it takes them more then a week to get back to me or they don't even reply to my email? ( Ex. i receved 4 cards back with the wrong ilable i sent an email to Beckett no reply so i deceided to call it took 3 days to get a hold of someone on the phone.) is that the norm for customer service?