`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Trading is Free. S&H&DC&Ins. is Not. Niether is Your Reputation.

Added to the "Member Submitted Threads - Sticky" at the top of the forum... if my glue holds this time. Wink
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

jordyfan81 Wrote:
UniqueDesigns Wrote:
jordyfan81 Wrote:If you can order the mailing label with DC on paypal where would that be located if you can help me find that. Thanks

It's under Merchant Services and reads Multi order but you can do just one.

Thanks Unique.

Also do both traders need to have paypal for it to work and shouldn't you be responsible for giving the dc#?

You should give the other trader the DC#

On this same note, does anyone care when I use stuff from my paper shredder as filler? I don't want to suggest it if it makes too big of a mess.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

fbcking Wrote:
jordyfan81 Wrote:
UniqueDesigns Wrote:
jordyfan81 Wrote:If you can order the mailing label with DC on paypal where would that be located if you can help me find that. Thanks

Thanks Unique.
Also do both traders need to have paypal for it to work and shouldn't you be responsible for giving the dc#?

In fact, IMO, if you do not bother to get the DC, I think that you, as the sender, should automatically be held responsible if the package gets lost or damaged and the USPS decides it's not their fault.
Postal Insurance, which costs more then DC, may be skipped if you want to assume the risk for items valued less than $50. In a trade, though, do you want to cough up $47.50 if the guy says he never got the cards?
But, the Insurance Receipt has #s on it too, so they can really as helpful as DC #s. You just can not track the Ins. #s on line. Although, they are in the USPS system IF you have them Verified by a clerk as having been IN the USPS system.
If anyone has better info, please feel free to add to this.

I collect Pats who have been on a SB squad.
[Image: SigPinCollage.jpg]
LE SB36 pins are For Sale. Fewer than 50 Player pins available for Any Collector.

UniqueDesigns Wrote:
fbcking Wrote:
jordyfan81 Wrote:
UniqueDesigns Wrote:

Thanks Unique.

In fact, IMO, if you do not bother to get the DC, I think that you, as the sender, should automatically be held responsible if the package gets lost or damaged and the USPS decides it's not their fault.
Postal Insurance, which costs more then DC, may be skipped if you want to assume the risk for items valued less than $50. In a trade, though, do you want to cough up $47.50 if the guy says he never got the cards?
But, the Insurance Receipt has #s on it too, so they can really as helpful as DC #s. You just can not track the Ins. #s on line. Although, they are in the USPS system IF you have them Verified by a clerk as having been IN the USPS system.
If anyone has better info, please feel free to add to this.

I think you even have to sign for insured items. I know its a pain to go pick them up but what do you do. ( If your not home)

Great post.  I always use bubble mailers.  I did not know about the peanuts.  Good idea.  Also, after I mail the cards out, I always send the trader a small e-mail telling them I mailed out their cards and I give them the dc#.  Common courtesy.
[Image: mecsig.gif]

http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/mecooncat/

I'm always looking for Tony Romo cards

Hey UD (man I type that more than I should) I mean Unique Design....good post although I take it something may have happened to prompt your post.....
Some guidelines that I follow when shipping..
1)No plain white envelopes...no matter how well bubble packed or whatever used, is going to get at least one attempt into a sorter...I always use bubble mailers (actually ought to be a law) whether they are pre made or I use old ones from trades or cut bigger ones for custom, larger mailers...I believe there was an incident just this week that got lots of attention on the boards.
2) DC is not always the answer as scammers will find away around it, although I agree it is a must for any trade/transaction. Insurance is a choice that needs to be made based on various factors such as trader rep, cards involved and the way you package your stuff. Personally, anything I send that has a BV of $50 or more...gets insured...
3) Ive only been public with my stuff for about a month or so,( been trading for years) but Im starting to think that registered or signature confirmation, although more costly ( try and make it up in BV if possible), may be the best way to acknowledge receipt of items sent. Especially to those now infamous "0" feedback traders. As long as the other end is aware that a signature is required for shipment, takes the mystery out of " I didn't get it". And anyone that says I cant do signature confirmation deserves another look to see if its worth trading with them. A definite Red Flag. Especially if its your reputation you are worried about and you like to sleep at night..
4) Ever try shipping to Canada..........???? If your worried about cost vs reputation..You haven't lived till you try shipping there with DC...$15 minimum, six to ten days shipping time...try and get that back in BV from traders...not easy...
5) Working on a YouTube video with my daughter (shes the technical one) on how I ship my stuff...and for that matter, how not to. Ask any of my traders about my packing and they will tell you that it is impeccable..penny sleeve, top loaders, pre-made cardboard sleeves and bubble mailers...The way it should be...
6) Finally..As pinkeye### found out the hard way, your reputation is everything in this HOBBY and all it does take is one bad apple to trash all that you've WORKED to acheive. Just dosent seem worth it to take shortcuts cause it might take longer and reduce costs. Some people are more worried about money than reputation, and the successful traders/sellers are more like yourself..A good reputation is priceless...do what is in your best interest to protect it..

Man...and I thought your post was LONG....Good Luck

i didn't have any problem reading it, but just can't believe its 2009 and people are still shortcutting on mailing to the point where this post is necessary. lol......step ya game up!
Looking for Carson Wentz Autos and Notre Dame Autos

Speaking from an international trader's point of view, I have had no problems from others with the way I mail things. I think it all comes down to eah individuals preferences, financial means and packaging methods. If I have a small number of cards to mail out (say two to five) I will send them out in a pre-paid white envelope and packaged one of two ways - either in toploaders with penny slips, or in penny slips and doubled wrapped in plain tissue. I also make sure to label the top left and bottom right corners of the envelope with "do not bend" in clear letters and double underline. Even still, that costs me AU$2.35 for the pre-paid. for larger shipments, I will use bubble-wraps and either top ends, small clear cases or tissue wrap - depending on what I have available. I've completed nearly twenty trades now and have had no compliants about the packaging so far. I'm thinking that little note "do not bend" get's through to the postal service.

Secondly, It has been confirmed that it is far faster - and cheaper - to mail stuff to australia from the USA than it is to Canada. and Canada's just over the border on the same continent!!!!

Finally, from what I've read in this posts and in other posts, it sounds like the American postal system is in shambles. I'm glad the australian system works well.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Thanks for all the additional confirmations and information.
At least now ADB has assured that this topic will be well in reach for newbies to get the message.
Thanks ADB for adding it to your sticky threads list.
I collect Pats who have been on a SB squad.
[Image: SigPinCollage.jpg]
LE SB36 pins are For Sale. Fewer than 50 Player pins available for Any Collector.