`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football Hobby Confessions

at buffalo bills training camp, i just stood in the kids tent the whole time waiting to get lee evans auto
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray. Looking For Everything I Need!

PC Stats: 39/171. 4 1/1's, 13 Autos, 0 GU, 4 #ed, 18 Base

[Image: cowboys1.jpg]

MikeTheArtist Wrote:in 2001, I went to the Feista Bowl and saw the Duck beats Colorado. After the game my friend and I were on the field, and we overheard this couple tell a security guard that they were supposed to be on the Duck player bus and showed him some ticket. The guard said 'ok, come with me' and we followed them. he gave us a look, then shook his head and we all went through the tunnel and to the back. there were a ton of fans pushing up against the gates to get autos, and the awesome guard tells another guard to let us through. So we got in with all the players who were celebrating after the big win and I got my jersey signed by almost all the players 10 minutes after the one of the biggest wins in school history.

NICE!!! I go to UofO... Go Ducks!!!!

Anyways, this isn't football related but I pretty much stalked Jerome Kersey for his auto at a golf match.

What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?
None...my PC is my PC.

What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?
On a single item, it would be close to $5,000 in 2001 or 2002. It's the 4th item in the on my memorabilia page:
http://www.freewebs.com/markbrunell/markbrunellmemorabilia.htm
On a single card, it would be $500 for a Quad Auto #/5 as told in my Cardboard Stories #13
http://www.freewebs.com/markbrunell/archivedcardboardstories.htm
There are many other cards I have spent $375-400 on, but this was in the early years of collecting (1999-2001)

What is the most money you've ever spent on a single Beckett Marketplace purchase?
On April 17, 2007 I spent $2,300+ on one invoice from a Marketplace seller (I still have the invoice). Within a 2-3 month span the total was $4-5,000 with the same seller. And yet Beckett never gave me any rewrd points or anything! lol

[b]What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?[b]
One December, I went thru close to $10,000...it took a while to pay off the credit card.

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

jaderock Wrote:

What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?
None...my PC is my PC.

What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?
On a single item, it would be close to $5,000 in 2001 or 2002. It's the 4th item in the on my memorabilia page:
http://www.freewebs.com/markbrunell/markbrunellmemorabilia.htm
On a single card, it would be $500 for a Quad Auto #/5 as told in my Cardboard Stories #13
http://www.freewebs.com/markbrunell/archivedcardboardstories.htm
There are many other cards I have spent $375-400 on, but this was in the early years of collecting (1999-2001)

What is the most money you've ever spent on a single Beckett Marketplace purchase?
On April 17, 2007 I spent $2,300+ on one invoice from a Marketplace seller (I still have the invoice). Within a 2-3 month span the total was $4-5,000 with the same seller. And yet Beckett never gave me any rewrd points or anything! lol

[b]What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?[b]
One December, I went thru close to $10,000...it took a while to pay off the credit card.

10 GRAND!?!? That is insane. lol. I'm not really a Brunell fan but I did play little league with his nephew Clifford Brunell

<B>-What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?</B>

I can't remember. My most recent purchase was a 06/07 SPA Malkin Auto RC BGS 9 for $125. Still have it.

<B>-How often do you bid on online sports card auctions while working?</B>

All the time.

<B>-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single <a href=http://www.beckettmarketplace.com" target="_blank">Beckett Marketplace</a> purchase?</B>

$40

<B>-What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?</B>

Maybe $6000. 11 boxes of The Cup in one day.

<B>-What is the craziest thing you’ve done to get a player’s autograph?</B>

Nothing. I'm always respectful.

My worst purchase was a BGS 9.5 Topps Chrome Sylvester Morris RC for over $100. The day after I won, he blew out his knee.

-What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?

Xbox 360 and UFC Undisputed 09 just this past week. I sold about 500 bucks in cards.

-What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?

So far 55.00 on a BC 02 Westbrook RC Auto

-How often do you bid on online sports card auctions while working?

All day, no lie, my Ebay is open right now, and I'm on here, and at work!

-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single Beckett Marketplace purchase?

Never bought anything here other than pricing subs

-What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?

More than $1,000.00 easily

-What is the craziest thing you’ve done to get a player’s autograph?

I had a friend that worked at a Marriott in Cleveland a couple years back. McNabb, Chad Lewis, and Jeremiah Trotter were all staying there. He stole a room service uniform for me, I put it on, ran into them in seperate parts of the hotel, got all their auto's (never had to go to their rooms thank god), but was "fired" by the manager who didn't even know my name.

All Day Baby Wrote:
Seahawks4life51 Wrote:I spent $28,793 just on 2005 products..mainly on Contenders putting together the 100 card auto set. With my tax refund, I paid $400 for the Mike Williams/73 and $250 for the Clarett. I sold the whole thing off after Cedric Houston decided not to sign...and then a year or so later, he signed. It still bakes me to this day.

Ouch... Sorry to hear that.

yeah dude thats weak.  Sad

I just recently spent $800 on these 4 cards, each one was $200.
[Image: BSmYZWQBWkKGrHgoOKjEjlLmWqpBKEEBfMj.jpg]

[Image: BS6kwmkKGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVgL3BKE7ZZWTf.jpg]

[Image: BSyEsgQWkKGrHgoH-DEjlLl0oHBKE8FT68N.jpg]

[Image: BS6GzbBGkKGrHgoH-CMEjlLly1TnBKFmk9H.jpg]
[Image: titusyoungbanner.jpg]

-What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?

it was not actually a big item but i got a dui and sold my tom brady cards to pay all fines and what not. i had all the top cards spx, sp authentic, donruss elite, leaf certified, playoff contenders. i had purchased all the cards when they come out in 2000 so i didnt pay a huge price for them and look what they are worth now! hard lesson learned.

-What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it? 150 on a shaun alexander auto jersey yes i still have it

-How often do you bid on online sports card auctions while working?
none work does not have internet

-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single Beckett Marketplace purchase?
0 just getting started here

-What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?
$2500

-What is the craziest thing you’ve done to get a player’s autograph?dont really go after autos

I am a pack junkie! If I had ever been addicted to drugs I would imagine it's the same way I feel about football and baseball cards. WalMart blaters, Target Blasters, ToyrUs blasters, Hobby boxes. The closest shop is 40 miles from my house so I'm always dumping money on blasters.

In two weeks I have bought 15 Sage balsters, 10 PPass blasters, 10 Goudey bball blasters, a couple of heritage blasters, and a couple of topps blasters

Then I made a trip to the Shop and bought two boxes of 2008 Triple Thread Football, 1 box of 2007 Sweet Spot football, 2 boxes of SP Rookie Threads, and numerous singles.

I walked away from collecting for two years. I bought my first box of triple threads football two weeks ago and pulled the Brady/Montana/Elway/Aikman/P Manning/E Manning Auto-patch card numbered 1 of 2. Now I'm hooked again.

I am a sick man but I love it.