Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Be Aware of eBay scammers

Be Aware of eBay scammers
Fellow Collectors:

Be aware of the following eBay member: proudmom868686 (0)

He is selling the following: No spamming live ebay auctions.
I offered 1,000 USD and guess what.... He said, "ok 1000 sounds fair" This is the first indicator that he is trying to take your money. No one sells an MJ Rookie Card BGS 9.5 for 1000 USD.

So, I asked for pictures and guess what he replied... He replied, "those are only ones i have had to pawn camera times r ruff sorry we couldnt make a deal have a good day"

RE: Be Aware of eBay scammers
Person signs up for ebay, has a high dollar card, but only tries to sell one card..

The other user ID's that are bidding appear to be shills.. one person bids 4 times, making the auction appear that people are interested in it... another bidder with only one transaction has already bit twice & that is the only card he is bidding on... either they are new collectors not knowing what they are doing, or somebody is trying to up the price... 8 bidders with 16 total bids...

I wonder why they had to pawn a camera (assuming they'll only get $100-150, if that, form a pawn shop)... but they have a card worth thousands of dollars. Pictures were recently uploaded to ebay within last 24 hrs.. was the picture already saved to his computer, before he pawned the camera?

I do not like dealing with ebay sellers with zero or low feedback, but I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, because I know how it feels to be a new ebay seller/buyer... I was there once.. I now have over 900 transactions & counting...

The seller does not mention anything about shipping... it is just marked "free expedited shipping"
** now does that include signature confirmation, tracking number, registered mail, ect...??

I sent an email asking the seller if he can ship the card through FEDEX, if they say they can not, then I would think that the card/package might get misrouted or lost in the mail..

I would not do any transaction outside of ebay for a card worth that much money!! You are protected as a buyer if done through ebay...

Too bad we can not do a "google image" search to see if that picture shows up on any other websites? Anybody try to google the serial number of the BGS slab?

I wish BGS would let people record who owns the card.. & then have a code on the back of the card that you must have to switch ownership on the website.. when posting pictures code could be covered up.. If it listed first name & email address or Beckett ID, it would help deter scammers & those out to commit internet/postal fraud.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(10-12-2012, 03:56 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I wish BGS would let people record who owns the card.. & then have a code on the back of the card that you must have to switch ownership on the website.. when posting pictures code could be covered up.. If it listed first name & email address or Beckett ID, it would help deter scammers & those out to commit internet/postal fraud.
Now that is the best idea I have heard all day. Smart thinking, jpleaz. If people put chips in their pets to keep track of them, why can we not keep better track of cards with the method jpleaz described?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(10-12-2012, 04:32 PM)jonathani Wrote: Now that is the best idea I have heard all day. Smart thinking, jpleaz. If people put chips in their pets to keep track of them, why can we not keep better track of cards with the method jpleaz described?
Year or so ago someone made a thread like this and a light bulb went off in my head with the same idea. Just one website dedicated to this would be huge but it's the matter of WHO is going to actually take their own time to do all the work... Unless we band together as a group and work together... *shrug* It'd be so awesome to go on a website, look up a mid-high end card you just purchased on eBay and see all the different locations it's been before it wound up in your collection. Such an i-d-e-a............. Sad
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

looks like the scan was taken from here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natsturner/5267739582/

(10-13-2012, 07:58 PM)jers86 Wrote: looks like the scan was taken from here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natsturner/5267739582/
Thanks for adding that piece of information.