`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

*UPDATE - The individual cel piece is now OPG listed for all 100 cards in the set.

1996 Pacific Litho-Cel

The base, Silver and Bronze versions are all listed in the online registry, curiously though there is no listing for the piece that is used to be placed in to the main Litho-Cel pieces. Someone else ironically started a thread about this observation a couple months ago.

[Image: 96lithocelbearsset1.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

*UPDATE - This 6 card set is now OPG listed.

1999 Finest Samples (not to be confused with the 2000 Stadium Club samples)

The six card set is noted below:

1. Charlie Batch - Card # PP1 2. Jimmy Smith - Card # PP2 3. Jake Plummer - Card # PP3 4. O.J. McDuffie - Card # PP4 5. Curtis Martin - Card # PP5 6. Corey Dillon - Card # PP6

The only difference between the base and sample cards is the number on the back.

[Image: scan0008-1.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

nittany13 Wrote:Although the registry claims that only two versions exist there are actually 12(!) different versions as there are 6 different colors of felt for the base and blue.

Great thread and I'll comment on most of these examples you have put up.

Sample of Brett Favre...both base and Blue Foil parallel came with different Felt colors = Orange, Red, Purple, Blue, Black and Green

[Image: f.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

nittany13 Wrote:Let's step one year ahead to the "1998 Playoff Contenders Pennants". The online registry acknowledges the base, Red, Gold #d to 98, and Registered Exchange (#d to 51 I think). In the photo below the Red is on the bottom left while the Gold is on the bottom right. The other 6 shown are 6 different versions of the base card, but the registry only acknowledges 1.

The Registered Exchange, which is impossible to decipher if one of those is actually featured in the photo, is a little more complicated to explain. Simply collectors were allowed to send in their completed pennant sets into Playoff at the time and the company would then in turn would stamp them each with a Registered Exchange number, hence 51 Registered Exchange parallel sets. The problem lies with the fact that nobody knows how many of each of these eight versions of cards were stamped since collectors were allowed to send in a mix and match concerning the colors.

Yes Beckett excluded the color variants on this Felt set as well. As for the Registered Exchange cards...the example I provide clearly shows that they were numbered one right after the other resulting in "6.375 average" of each color redeemed. o.o

[Image: 98contebders.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

nittany13 Wrote:I started a thread about these specific cards back in March but I cannot readily find it right now.

These were distributed at the 2002 National by Donruss/Playoff/Score (DPS) and are identical to the set releases from that year with the exception to the embossed stamp and the serial # to 5 which should be easily evident in the pictures. You can see these are from examples from the Playoff Prestige, Donruss Classics, Donruss Elite, and (oddly) Donruss Elite Aspirations. Thanks to Mo Tax Man I now also know that there is a Score version as well.

Personally I do not know if all the cards from these sets were even included in these parallel sets to begin with or if there are additional DPS sets that I do not know about that exist in this parallel form. That part I find confusing.

All Base sets were done for the Nationals #/5, some parallel sets were done as well such as your Collins 2002 Donruss Classics "Timeless Tributes". Additionally, some National cards are non serial numbered and some are #1/1.

Here's an example of the Base and parallel - both #/5
[Image: pey.jpg]

nittany13 Wrote:2000 SP Authentic Buy Back Autographs.

1999SP(#605). I learned about the existence of this one only recently.
[Image: 5250_11.jpg]

As part of the "collector appreciation" and "omg we're out of stock card redemption" programs, UD has released many previously "unlisted" cards such as your Collins. There are 2 specific Brunell Autos that were never released until 2007...one was from 1998 and one was from SP Buyback program from 2000.

nittany13 Wrote:Earlier Collector's Edge Sample Cards:
1997 #7 Excalibur Crusaders Promo
1998 #5 Collector's Edge Advantage Showtime Holofoil Promo
I have seen preview cards made for the 1999CE Advantage Galvanized and CE Supreme Galvanized sets in addition to the 2000 CE T3 HoloRed sets. Samples were made for each card for the two listed 1999 sets (every single card in the set except for the short printed rookies) but I cannot confirm what fraction of cards it is for the specific mentioned 2000 set.

Many of the "Preview" and blank back versions are AFTER the company went bankrupt so Beckett doesn't list them (exact same reason regarding printing plates of various companies)...that's when see alot of these. The 2 1999 Preview Set that are listed is because they were promotional sets for those Home Shopping Stations.

nittany13 Wrote:Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Kerry Collins: parallels exist for all three Red, Blue and Gold versions of that card, although I do not have any to show.

There is also at least one sample from the 2002 Score Changing Stripes insert set:

The Totally Platinum XXXX/30, 2499, and 4999 exist for all cards in the set. Extremely rare!
[Image: col.jpg]
As for Donruss/Playoff owned cards from 1999-2004ish, there are just TOOOOOO many cards that are LEAKING out with "no serial numbering" and "various font types of SAMPLE". They are great to chase, but Beckett would never be able to catalogue all of them.

nittany13 Wrote:1993 Front Row Gold Collection Autographs

I do not see anything that differentiates these from the base versions besides the autograph itself and the "one" COA for all four of these cards.
[Image: d102_1.jpg][Image: bdcd_1.jpg][Image: a405_1.jpg]

I think you forgot to serial # them yourselves (do it before someone does it!) Tongue ....without serial #ing they are indistingushable...Mr Golden (haha)!

Please Please Please add Joe Namath to the list of cards in the 2008 SP Authentic retro rookie autos! I will add a pic of mine when I get home.
Kudos to whoever started and bumped this thread, Much Respek!
[Image: 4020530668_83cdc8e35f.jpg]