`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(06-14-2015, 09:13 PM)nittany13 Wrote: Thanks jjoy. In recent months I have been very busy and am hoping that things settle down for me a little. I have had a chance to lurk on the forum occasionally though. I have other submissions to make once I have a chance get everything compiled.

I thought it was possible that you already knew that Beckett was already aware of the Kearse auto variations, ginge01, and I should have noted that. I just wanted to let you know, just in case. Actually I was not previously aware that there was a Kearse one from the set so I am happy that you brought it to our attention that there is a fourth one needed to be added to the checklist with the others.

No one should worry about submitting something that already may have been either. It would take forever to verify if something has already been discussed, as I stated previously. Maybe someone from the Beckett staff will happen to see the recent posted examples and then add those if it has been recently discussed again too. Even I made the mistake of posting missing OPG examples a second time, only then realizing later that I submitted the same example years ago prompting me to delete one of the posts to lessen potential confusion. Since then I put together a spreadsheet stating which missing OPG items I previously discussed and what page said example is located on.
Nittany, thanks for your feedback.
I never looked for 2001 Score / Select autos for the Jets before, I have read through the Beckett Football Guide books over the years and never saw them listed. I vaguely remembered the buybacks, and Chad Pennington being listed to 2. I think it got listed on ebay last year and I missed it!!!. I wanted to draw peoples attention to the different Jevon Kearse variants as Testaverde's was like one of them and if any info could be shared on my Testaverde. I had forgotten about your update years ago, not committing to memory all of your Kerry Collins finds LoL, I hope the 2001 Select autos is added by Beckett to the OPG and the Price Guide book as 4 of them have been discovered and should be included.

(06-20-2015, 03:15 PM)jeffcayce Wrote: Picked this up at a local show in Nashville. Back is not in great shape but I had never seen one. Any ideas on what it is?

[Image: Tennessee%20EA%20Sports%2096_zps3eryaael.jpg]
The only clues are EA Sports and part of a perforated sheet from a gameday program?, or is it a promo for the conference, one per team? It references the 1994 season on the back so is it a 1995 fall issued promo for the 1996 upcoming EA sports video game called College Football USA 96? There are games / cartridges of that on eBay but not your card.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(06-08-2015, 06:51 PM)jjoy Wrote: I realize you can't feel the Canton Bound cards but I can and it has more of a dufex feel like the 1994 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle cards that Beckett recognizes. That is why I don't think it's a printing error. Yes I realize plastic cards do fade but the Edge FX ones I have scanned are not faded. The back is more opaque on one and more translucent on the other. That is not from fading.
Dufex is the starburst foiling technology that is featured on all 4 cards you have pictured. The 1994 shows the different versions because each side could be found either flat foiled or with the dufex technology. The fact that you have stated the "feel" is different just adds to the fact that they were printing errors, or potentially proofs testing the color runs on the plates. You can tell the card is missing a color in the image based on the football being gold and missing the red tones to make it brown, the skin tones and the Select logo.

Also, you are correct on the Edge cards. I spoke too quickly and did not notice the player backing. Ginge01 is correct in stating they are the white backs. That Edge Tech set is one hell of a doozy with all the variants.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I will add a whole series that I don't think we've addressed... at least not fully. It seems that Edge made a "CS" version of EVERY insert card in 1996. Some are known, but most aren't listed. I just found a Running Mates Marino / Kirby #CS/500, same goes for timewarp and air force one Jumbos.
I get the feeling these were some sort of collector's club? I know someone knows the answer as to their origins... cue Marinocollector in 3,2...1...
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(06-23-2015, 05:16 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I will add a whole series that I don't think we've addressed... at least not fully. It seems that Edge made a "CS" version of EVERY insert card in 1996. Some are known, but most aren't listed. I just found a Running Mates Marino / Kirby #CS/500, same goes for timewarp and air force one Jumbos.
I get the feeling these were some sort of collector's club? I know someone knows the answer as to their origins... cue Marinocollector in 3,2...1...
Not 100% certain but I believe they were sold as complete master sets on one of the home shopping networks. Beckett wrongly identifies some of them as "CS/300" when they are /500. I think these were just from the President's Reserve as opposed to all Edge products, but I could be wrong about that. Just haven't seen any of the other brands, if they exist. I have a Favre in the Air Force One regular and jumbo, and the TimeWarp. I've seen but don't have the Running Mates /500. I've also seen a running mates gold CS/15 but am quite a bit skeptical about that one because the serial number is hand-written (the others are machine-numbered) and there are unnumbered versions of these inserts out there. Also, I've never seen and don't know if they did the CS/500 versions of the Honor Guard set or the Tanned, Tested, Ready set.

Incidently, I also have a regular sized Air Force One Favre that is machine numbered /2000 when they are supposed to be /2500 (have that one too), but I think this is just a printing error.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(06-23-2015, 03:51 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Not 100% certain but I believe they were sold as complete master sets on one of the home shopping networks. Beckett wrongly identifies some of them as "CS/300" when they are /500. I think these were just from the President's Reserve as opposed to all Edge products, but I could be wrong about that. Just haven't seen any of the other brands, if they exist. I have a Favre in the Air Force One regular and jumbo, and the TimeWarp. I've seen but don't have the Running Mates /500. I've also seen a running mates gold CS/15 but am quite a bit skeptical about that one because the serial number is hand-written (the others are machine-numbered) and there are unnumbered versions of these inserts out there. Also, I've never seen and don't know if they did the CS/500 versions of the Honor Guard set or the Tanned, Tested, Ready set.

Incidently, I also have a regular sized Air Force One Favre that is machine numbered /2000 when they are supposed to be /2500 (have that one too), but I think this is just a printing error.
Also not sure about the running mates /15... I am with you on that probably being bunk, but I do own several Tanned, Rested Ready "G" cards #/150. Never seen an Honor guard CS... yet anyway.

#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

I just wanted to chime in on the recent discussion. Below from page 2 is a post with some examples of these CE cards with the CS prefix on the serial numbers. I was originally wrong about the President's Reserve set though since those are indeed numbered to CS500, not CS300 as I incorrectly previously stated, which was pointed out. CS parallels of otherEdge sets may exist but I have not researched those.

It is strange that the Gold Running Mates were hand numbered but not the Silver. Yet, the 8x10 Golds are machine numbered however.

The CS15 Golds should be listed, along with the CS500 Silvers, in the OPG for the reason I previously provided. I do believe that the CS15 Golds were created by the manufacturer warranting the legitimacy. Buyer beware though - there are a number of non-numbered Gold versions being sold online at any given time so beware of fakes.

(03-12-2009, 07:42 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 1996 Collector's Edge President's Reserve Running Mates (CS prefix)

The parallel in question is a third variation if also including the registry listed jumbos. Shown below on the bottom are the standard size Silvers (#2000) and the Golds (#100 or #10 depending) just to make it clear what I am referring to.

The variations I am referring to have a "CS", which I assume stands for complete set, in front of the serial number on the back of the card. In this parallel I believe all the Silvers are numbered to #CS500 while the Golds are numbered to #CS15.

The Air Force One insert set, which is a different insert set from the same President's Reserve set, had a similar parallel numbered to #CS300. Coincidentally that set IS listed on the online Beckett registry while the ones in question are not.
[Image: BbhI7IWkKGrHqEOKj8Eq3IsH3SBKwh0kFvw.jpg][Image: Bdu58FwCGkKGrHqEOKisEq4LZ-27RBK6-1.jpg][Image: BdvDz2kKGrHqUH-DMErCLKcNBK6MuQdoWw_.jpg]
[Image: dec20-31.jpg][Image: c12d_11.jpg]

Concerning the Tennessee Vols card...

You may be on to something, ginge01. I wonder if these were originally given away as a promotion at an Electronics Boutique or were inserts attached in the official game guide that could be purchased separately.

BTW, thanks for your other recent comments, ginge01.
(06-21-2015, 12:09 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Nittany, thanks for your feedback.
I never looked for 2001 Score / Select autos for the Jets before, I have read through the Beckett Football Guide books over the years and never saw them listed. I vaguely remembered the buybacks, and Chad Pennington being listed to 2. I think it got listed on ebay last year and I missed it!!!. I wanted to draw peoples attention to the different Jevon Kearse variants as Testaverde's was like one of them and if any info could be shared on my Testaverde. I had forgotten about your update years ago, not committing to memory all of your Kerry Collins finds LoL, I hope the 2001 Select autos is added by Beckett to the OPG and the Price Guide book as 4 of them have been discovered and should be included.

The only clues are EA Sports and part of a perforated sheet from a gameday program?, or is it a promo for the conference, one per team? It references the 1994 season on the back so is it a 1995 fall issued promo for the 1996 upcoming EA sports video game called College Football USA 96? There are games / cartridges of that on eBay but not your card.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

2001 Titanium Double Sided Jerseys Patches, #50 Kerry Collins/Elvis Grbac

The OPG currently states that 120 cards exist in the 2001 Titanium Double Sided Jerseys set, yet only 105 cards are listed in the parallel Patch set. I guess there is a belief among the Beckett staff that parallels do not exist for a fraction of the cards within this set. That may be true, however I can confirm that 1 of the 15 does exist:

[Image: 006_zpsu87uqnt5.jpg]

As noted in the header, Elvis Grbac is shown on the back.

As can easily be seen, the card on the left contains a patch which in itself alone would not immediately deem it a legitimate parallel. However, the patch card has a much thicker stock in comparison to the other which in turn makes it a true variation.

Is it possible that patch parallels exist for some or all of the other 14?

On an unrelated note, I have owned both of the above shown cards since 2001 but I never realized there was a stock thickness variation until recently when I took the patch one out of the one touch holder it was originally shipped in and compared it to the other.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

A new find for my Jets collection, I hope Dan Hitt at Beckett is still reading this thread and will update the OPG, annual guide etc.

2007 Score 167B Thomas Jones (from Blister factory pack, non glossy)

I found this card on ebay a month ago, the seller could not add any details, I have never seen in before, now it's going to be ultra hard to find. I believe it was in an early season blister set, the seller had one or two other 2007 Score Jets cards with the regular photos that he was selling individually. A BIN for less than $3, happy days.

Thomas Jones was traded to the New York Jets in March 2007.
The scan below has the three cards,
1) Score 167, now should be 167A.
I used a scorecard parallel instead of the base card, it has Jones in a Bears uniform (2006 picture), it mentions his trade, it is from a pack.

2) Score 167B Thomas Jones, the new mystery card.
It looks like a real photo (2007 preseason?), it does not look photo shopped. I believe it's from a blister team set, with the updated photo of Thomas Jones included.

3) Score 167 Factory Set Updates Thomas Jones.
Score released a factory set at the end of 2007 with many updates (98), the Jets had an updated Thomas Jones (preseason against the Falcons, several currently on ebay), an updated #315 David Harris and #360 Chansi Stuckey (both in preseason unis). #411 Darrelle Revis (in preseason uni) was also created, he was not in the Score packs. In 2007 Select, (an expanded version of Score in packs), Revis #411 appears, in a minicamp uniform. I think this was an attempt to get collectors to collect both Score and Select by expanding the set and putting top rookie players in it.
[Image: Jets%202007%20Score%20167%20Thomas%20Jones.jpg]

An example of the 2008 Donruss / Score blister, I cannot find a 2007 example, if anyone can get their hands on it, I will take two for my collection.
[Image: 2008Scoreminiteamsetpackage.jpg]

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

If they were blister packs you would think more would have surfaced over the course of EIGHT years! Cool find
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

2015 Score variations in Blister packs

I saw the 2015 Score New York Jets teamset Blister on ebay, the Revis card is different from the base card found in packs, so I bought it, After opening it, I found that the Brandon Marshall card used a different photo, photoshopped to a Jets uniform. So here are the scans
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Jets%20316%20Darrelle%20R...actory.jpg]
The two new cards (blister teamset)
[Image: Jets%202015%20Score%20Factory.jpg]
The original base cards
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Jets%20048%20Brandon%20Ma...20base.jpg]
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Jets%20316%20Darrelle%20Revis%20base.jpg]

I also discovered that there are other Score variations put into the blister packs, check out the base cards and blister teamsets of the following players;
Nick Foles base
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Rams%20155%20Nick%20Foles%20base.jpg]
Nick Foles (blister teamset)
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Rams%20%20155%20Nick%20Fo...actory.jpg]
Jimmy Graham base
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Jimmy%20Graham%20323%20base.jpg]
Jimmy Graham (blister teamset)
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Seahawks%20323%20Jimmy%20...actory.jpg]
Julius Thomas base
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Jaguars%20207%20Julius%20...20base.jpg]
Julius Thomas (blister teamset)
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Jaguars%20207%20Julius%20...actory.jpg]
DeMarco Murray base
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Eagles%20218%20DeMarco%20...20base.jpg]
DeMarco Murray (blister teamset)
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Eagles%20218%20DeMarco%20...actory.jpg]
LeSean McCoy base
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Bills%20186%20LeSean%20McCoy%20base.jpg]
LeSean McCoy (blister teamset)
[Image: 2015%20Score%20Bills%20186%20LeSean%20Mc...actory.jpg]

The updates needed to the Beckett OPG and annual guide
2015 Score
048A Brandon Marshall (Bears uni in packs)
048B Brandon Marshall (Jets uni in blister packs)
155A Nick Foles (Holding jersey in packs)
155B Nick Foles (In action in blister packs)
186A LeSean McCoy (Holding jersey in packs)
186B LeSean McCoy (In action in blister packs)
207A Julius Thomas (Broncos uni in packs)
207B Julius Thomas (Jaguars uni in blister packs)
218A DeMarco Murray (Cowboys uni in packs)
218B DeMarco Murray (Eagles uni in blister packs)
316A Darrelle Revis (Pats uni in packs)
316B Darrelle Revis (Jets uni in blister packs)
323A Jimmy Graham (Saints uni in packs)
323B Jimmy Graham (Seahawks uni in blister packs)

I am sure there are other players but collectors will need to open the blister packs and provide updates. Possible updates include,
027 Andre Johnson Colts (in Texans uni)
085 Torrey Smith 49ers (in Ravens uni)
088 Darren McFadden Cowboys (in Raiders uni)
178 Sam Bradford Eagles (head shot)
226 Ndamukong Suh Dolphins (in Browns hat)
261 Jeremy Maclin Chiefs (in Eagles uni)
291 Trent Richardson Raiders (in Colts uni)
304 Frank Gore Colts (in 49ers uni)
305 Reggie Bush 49ers (in Lions uni)