`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
07-04-2014, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 03:56 PM by mbostick.)
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
My normal 1998 Cleo here has browned a little, it should be jet white also. The font of the player name is slight different also. Also the copyright, the 1998 normal has a 1999 copyright, perhaps there are two normal Cleo copyright versions?. (I tried to produce a meteorite calendar once, and the problem with calenders/cards and selling to the mass market, the ones in the store...were bought over a year in most case. So off copyright years is common.)

I was wondering on the stickers. If memory serves me correct, the players did not all match perfectly from the boxes, I think not all qbs have stickers...but maybe it was the other way around. I suppose they should be listed as I have or had? quite a few Steve Youngs I had gotten from collections, meaning people did save them with their cards. No reason not to label them.

[Image: 1998-Cleo-Pack-1b_zps6c6f6ad7.jpg]
I have several others if I can think of all of them, it's been a while since I have messed with my Young stuff.

Okay, how about this one.....Beckett does list the 1996 Highland Mint Coins, but I am not aware of listed variation....here are a couple Steve Young Bronze. Note, one of them, has one of the 90s era NFL properties holograms, and one box does not.

[Image: 1996HighlandMintSteveYoungBronze01b.jpg]

The coin backs are different also...
[Image: 1996HighlandMintSteveYoungBronze01c.jpg]

I also sold a 1996 Jerry Rice, issued in the three coin set with Young and Montana, and believe it was a variation coin also. It had updated stats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 06:10 AM
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-04-2014 03:25 PM)mbostick Wrote:  My normal 1998 Cleo here has browned a little, it should be jet white also. The font of the player name is slight different also. Also the copyright, the 1998 normal has a 1999 copyright, perhaps there are two normal Cleo copyright versions?. (I tried to produce a meteorite calendar once, and the problem with calenders/cards and selling to the mass market, the ones in the store...were bought over a year in most case. So off copyright years is common.)

I was wondering on the stickers. If memory serves me correct, the players did not all match perfectly from the boxes, I think not all qbs have stickers...but maybe it was the other way around. I suppose they should be listed as I have or had? quite a few Steve Youngs I had gotten from collections, meaning people did save them with their cards. No reason not to label them.

Okay, how about this one.....Beckett does list the 1996 Highland Mint Coins, but I am not aware of listed variation....here are a couple Steve Young Bronze. Note, one of them, has one of the 90s era NFL properties holograms, and one box does not.

The coin backs are different also...

I also sold a 1996 Jerry Rice, issued in the three coin set with Young and Montana, and believe it was a variation coin also. It had updated stats.

Thanks for taking the time to scan both valentines which proves that indeed there are at least three Steve Young versions of this particular valentine, which also likely means that there are at least three versions of the other seven QBs from this set as well. I have a 1998 Steve Young valentine myself since it is still attached adjacent to the Kerry Collins one, who I collect, so I was aware of the differing copyright from the one in the left side of the scan.

I also own the Silver Highland Mint coin of Kerry Collins. I am now going to pay closer attention to the scans of any other Kerry Collins coins that get listed online in the future to see if there are any variations to the one I already own myself.

This is very good information.

[Image: BWMt73qCAAAIQ2R_zps1b3c61a0.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply