`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(11-18-2012, 01:17 AM)jaderock Wrote: I filled in the blanks for you....there's also a 30 card JUMBO Quarterback Club
#/500 set as well
Thanks jaderock!

I did not know about the jumbo QB club set either. I guess that is one more Kerry Collins card previously unbeknownst to me that I need to now be on the lookout for.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
*UPDATE - This 5 card set has now been added to the OPG.

1996 Signature Rookies Super Stars

[Image: KGrHqZiwFCgFqzPsBQ4Fc6g6Wg60_3_zps6fb2ecfe.jpg]

This apparently was a "mail-in" small multi-sport set from yesteryear. The set is numbered as followed: Carey SS1, Carter SS2, Rivera SS3, Smith SS4, Stackhouse SS5.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the non diecut versions of the 2012 Crown Royale are not listed - Silver /5, Gold /4, Green /3, Purple /2 and Blue /1.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

1998 Pacific Omega Rising Stars parallels

This instance is confusing because these parallels used to be listed, but are no longer. Perhaps these never existed in the first place? I am doubtful however. Players featured in this insert set were rookies in 1998 such as Peyton Manning, so if any knowledgeable super collectors of anyone featured in this set would like to verify the existence of these parallels it will be appreciated.

If you type in the above listed set in to the OPG you will see the base set and a "Colors" parallel only. This "Colors" parallel reads N/A for each card, with a couple exceptions, and I am assuming that it is in reference to the 1/1 Gold parallel and I believe these do exist.

The aforementioned base and gold versions are OPG listed, however the parallels NOT currently listed which at one time also were are:

Blue (# 100m)
Red (# 75m)
Green (# 50m)
Purple (# 25m)

2000 Absolute Leather & Laces

MF28-B Marshall Faulk /175
JP16 Jake Plummer /350
RD27 Ron Dayne /350
TD83 Tim Dwight /350

Absolute Leather & Laces Combos
TD83 Tim Dwight /20
(haven't personally seen the others, but if they exist they would be #/10 or #/20)

Okay, I have not done this for a while and I have a bunch of stuff that I discovered during this time. I know this frustrates some of you who are trying intently to complete your comprehensive player/team checklists Smile. I am going to post just a few of these discoveries tonight.

2012 Score RC Flashbacks Black Friday

This is a 50 card insert set, each numbered to 5, which were inserted in specially marked packages. Many Black Friday set parallels are already listed in the OPG and there are perhaps others, like this example, that should be. I was able to pick up a few of the Collins ones.
[Image: scan0037_zps228735d2-1.jpg][Image: scan0038_zps49a095e2-1.jpg]

2002 Pacific Pacific Nights

A seller was nice enough to sell me the Engram below at a nice asking price (the Brady is not mine). Originally at first glance I thought I bought the 2002 Pacific Adrenaline Pacific Nights parallel because I previously knew those existed, and those are OPG listed BTW. I did not not know there was a parallel to the Pacific base set though and subsequently I was able to find others from that set listed online. I would assume that parallels would exist for all 500 cards in the set.
[Image: KGrHqZogFHwGnmTRLBSCo6tgdv60_3_zps763fd7f8.jpg][Image: T2eC16VykE9s7tw21zBSCo6HrOw60_3_zps26f6ee48.jpg][Image: KGrHqQOKiwE3EnvS53BN1Zkzd_3_zps46373e6e.jpg]

2003 Playoff Honors Orange County

In a somewhat similar story, I previously knew about the Playoff Contenders Orange County parallel but not the Playoff Honors one (look familiar jaderock? Smile). Cards 1-200 in the Honors set are base and rookie cards but 201-230 are jersey cards. If parallels of other cards from the set exist, and most likely they do, would the jersey cards have parallels too? I would assume not.
[Image: scan0036_zps0611fef8.jpg][Image: scan0035_zps4b2e52a3-1.jpg]

(08-20-2013, 11:27 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 2002 Pacific Pacific Nights

A seller was nice enough to sell me the Engram below at a nice asking price (the Brady is not mine). Originally at first glance I thought I bought the 2002 Pacific Adrenaline Pacific Nights parallel because I previously knew those existed, and those are OPG listed BTW. I did not not know there was a parallel to the Pacific base set though and subsequently I was able to find others from that set listed online. I would assume that parallels would exist for all 500 cards in the set.
Odd....beckett has it listed as only 4 cards and under "promo"

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=2002...al+Edition+

This set must've been "previously" listed as I notated "Not listed on new beckett as under #/10" in my Master Havelist (at some point).
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(08-20-2013, 11:27 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 2002 Pacific Pacific Nights

I would assume that parallels would exist for all 500 cards in the set.
I can confirm the existence of this one at least.

[Image: 2002PacificPacificNights_zps93e5555f.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Thanks uwash97. In all likelihood there is a Pacific Nights parallel for every card in the base set. Every supplied example helps to reaffirm that.

(08-21-2013, 12:40 AM)jaderock Wrote: Odd....beckett has it listed as only 4 cards and under "promo"

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=2002...al+Edition+

This set must've been "previously" listed as I notated "Not listed on new beckett as under #/10" in my Master Havelist (at some point).
Good catch jaderock. Somehow I overlooked the fact that four of these parallel cards are OPG listed. Nevertheless the Engram and Favre and hundreds of other parallels from this set currently are not.

1998 Playoff Contenders Proof Sets

Originally when I made the attached post way back on page 12 of this thread I was not sure of the background of these 1/1 parallels. Later it was explained to me that these parallels were won by one buyer at an auction at a National show way back when. In a separate thread I trashed the idea of including these in the OPG because of how these sets were allocated. Since then I have had a change of heart again. After all, these at least were stamped by the company manufacturer.

Anyway, months ago three of these Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof parallel sets have been added by Beckett to the OPG. These sets are as followed:
Leather,
Pennants - although it does not state which color specifically...I believe that a proof card exists for each of the eight variations of these pennants,
Tickets - the first 80 cards are listed but the last 20 are not...the last 20 were autographed rookie cards so it is very plausible that proofs were not created for those specifically.

The problem is that many more parallel sets exist that are not listed along with those three. If those three are listed all the others might as well be listed too.

Here are all of the 1998 Playoff Contenders sets with proof parallels (in all likelihood):
Checklist Jumbos, Honors, Leather, Leather Gold, Leather Red, MVP Contenders, Pennants Blue Felt, Pennants Gold Foil, Pennants Green Felt, Pennants Orange Felt, Pennants Purple Felt, Pennants Red Felt, Pennants Red Foil, Pennants Yellow Felt, Rookie Stallions, Rookie of the Year, Super Bowl Leather, Ticket (1-80), Ticket Gold (1-80), Ticket Red (1-80), Touchdown Tandems.

(02-10-2010, 12:36 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 1998 Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof Sets
[Image: BZCCCwBGkKGrHgoH-CIEjlLl0nU1BKksmnN.jpg]
These are 1 of 1 serial numbered cards that I believe were distributed at that year's national card show convention. I have only seen versions of these for the Playoff Contenders brand, but that doesn't mean that similar Proof sets exist for other Playoff brands coming out that year (I doubt it though). I am not sure that every main and insert set for the 1998 Playoff Contenders had a Proof Set version, although I am inclined they do exist, but these I at least can confirm:
-Tickets (shown above)
-Pennants
-Checklist Jumbos

I think I remember seeing singles from the 1998 Leather and Rookie Stallions Proof Sets being sold online at one time years ago as well.

*UPDATE - I have not seen these since. I am not sure yet if these are legitimate collectibles.

Big Ten Icons 3x5 autographed cards

Back in 2010 or 2011 the Big Ten Network had a long running special of the greatest athletes in the history of the conference. These cards came out around that time. These are the only three that I found listed, and I have not seen any listed since although I have not actively looked for them that often. This is a multi-sport set but I do not have to point that out. I still do not know how they were distributed or how many cards featuring other athletes are out there... Mike Ditka? Dave Winfield? Ron Dayne? Magic Johnson?

[Image: B3zIupQEGkKGrHqVhUE72Tb65BMnkUtcvNQ_121_zpsa7f822ea.jpg][Image: B3zKl0wBWkKGrHqJjEydgr8d9nBMnkZSfJ_121_zps86a0dfda.jpg][Image: B3zFyvgmkKGrHqFhUE7wUqUVFBMnkOb88g_121_zps81dc8b9a.jpg]

I have a growing list of things to add to this awesome thread, but wanted to read back through the whole thing to make sure I wasn't being repetitive. Htoutlaws already touched on the lack of listing of the many various Wild Card stripes, which I guess is one of the more annoying omissions to me, so I won't beat that dead horse too much. Although, really I don't see any reason why they cannot be added to the database. They already have all the basic set info so it's not like they would be unsure of a checklist...

Anyway here's my contribution for today:

1998 Score Star Salute Rookie Preview

These were found in Score Rookie Preview packs, which if I remember correctly was released a month or so before the main Score set. For some reason I thought the Rookie Autographs were in the Rookie Preview packs but the memory's a little fuzzy there and of course Beckett makes no mention of it in the set review online. Maybe some of you with the library of Annuals can see if there is anything in the 1999 one about them. Anyway, the Star Salute cards inserted in the Rookie Preview packs all had "Rookie Preview" on the back, and are definitely not the Promo cards, which are listed in Beckett. While I'm not sure if it is a full parallel set or a skip-numbered set, I have this Favre and also Deion Sanders.

[Image: 1998ScoreStarSalute11cRookiePreview_zps94a05005.jpg]

For comparison, here are the base set and the Promo version.

[Image: 1998ScoreStarSalute11a_zps20448d92.jpg]

[Image: 1998ScoreStarSalute11bPromo_zpsdf357944.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)