`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
This is one of the most valuable threads on here. If not THE most valuable.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Should be pinned to the top.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-31-2011, 11:38 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: And proof that emailing Dan works.........

[Image: Rice2.jpg]
Where would I find "what items have been newly added?!?"

Link me there so I can monitor this kind of stuff...thanks
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Let me tell you something. It amazes me that I still sometimes find cards of a player that I never previously knew existed, especially when I have been collecting that player for years.

Here is one such example.
[Image: scan0007-2.jpg]
[Image: scan0008-3.jpg]
I recently picked up card A because I knew there was something unique about it. It looked very similar to a card that I own, and one I see often listed for sale online. The card I am referring to is from the 1999 Donruss Private Signings insert set. Card A looks very similar in design, although everything else about it is different. Also it most likely was from 1998 not just because of the copyright, but because of the wording on the back and Enis seemingly only signed his jersey number that year. The only thing that I can think of is that these were distributed at some type of function.

Jaderock - BTW
Type in "Mark Brunell" in the OPG search bar, click on "Mark Brunell" which will be the first thing listed before everything else, from there on the right side of the screen is a listing of everything recently added. Hope that answers your question. Smile
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

[Image: scan0007-2.jpg]
[Image: scan0008-3.jpg]

Amazing find, I agree with you, the left hand card looks like 1998, there are other subtle differences, the 1999 looks to have aholographic foil, (my Vinny Testaverde has the same foil look), the 1998 appears to have a registered trademark, my Testaverde and your 1999 Enis do not have it.

Amazing find, I wonder if there are other '1998' versions

(09-24-2011, 09:01 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Amazing find, I agree with you, the left hand card looks like 1998, there are other subtle differences, the 1999 looks to have aholographic foil, (my Vinny Testaverde has the same foil look), the 1998 appears to have a registered trademark, my Testaverde and your 1999 Enis do not have it.

Amazing find, I wonder if there are other '1998' versions
Thanks man. Yes, the one on the left is definitely from 1998. It is hard to see but the copyright near the bottom reads 1998 as well. From looking over my other Enis auto cards it seems that he stopped from signing his auto with a jersey number immediately after his rookie season. It is also odd that Enis was not featured on any other Donruss cards that year.

I too wonder if other "1998" Donruss Private Signings of other players are floating out there.

Here are two submissions of cards missing from the online and the annual price guide book.

After 10+ years of searching, I finally found the 1996 Pro Line National Interactive #2, with no official listing, I did not know
who I was looking for.
Found the card this week on ebay for $2 Smile Mystery over, it's Deion Sanders. I had previously found the other 9.
The cards are
#1 Emmitt Smith, Cowboys
#2 Deion Sanders, Cowboys
#3 Kerry Collins, Panthers
#4 Kordell Stewart, Steelers
#5 Terry Glenn, Patriots (in Ohio State Buckeyes uni)
#6 Drew Bledsoe, Patriots
#7 Keyshawn Johnson, Jets
#8 Marshall Faulk, Colts
#9 Lawrence Phillips, Rams (in Nebraska Cornhuskers uni)
#10 Eddie George, Oilers (in Ohio State Buckeyes uni)

I have provided two scans, the first shows the first 6 players, the second shows cards 7 - 10, the back of card #1
& a regular 1996 Pro Line National card.
[Image: 1996ProLineNationalInteractive1.jpg]
[Image: 1996ProLineNationalInteractive2.jpg]
In 1996, the National was in Anaheim, Pro Line produced a special parallel, stamped with a large A and the words 1996 Anaheim, the 17th National
1 of 499 in silver on the front of the card. They were inserted 1 per pack.
In addition, 1:20 packs so I think 1 per box was a 1996 Pro Line National Interactive card. When the scratch area was revealed,
a number was revealed for a regular card (1 - 350) or for example 63 National Proof
A matching regular card and interactive card was redeemed for an exclusive insert card.
The matching National proof card and interactive card was redeemed for a random piece of memorabilia.
After redemption the card was punched so it could not be used for multiple redemptions.

The second entry is a card I cannot find any information on.
[Image: 2003JetsFleerAuthentixautosFront.jpg]
[Image: 2003JetsFleerAuthentixautosBack.jpg]

I have scanned 2003 Fleer Authentix Jersey Authentix Autographs, top row is Super Bowl #ed to 25, Regular season is #ed to 100,
the second row has the mystery card and the normal Pro Bowl #ed to 75.

I cannot find this mystery card listed, it looks like the Pro Bowl auto insert but has several differences.
1) The mystery card has rounded corners
2) Around the swatch and elsewhere on the card, the mystery card has yellow ink, the regular cards have silver.
3) The green football design behind Chad Pennington on the mystery card is slightly different, there is more of the ball visible,
in the bottom of the card, the shading is darker on the mystery card.
4) Pennington signed in blue on the mystery card, black for all others, the mystery card also has Pennington sign over a printed Fleer logo,
the other autos are on plain paper.
5) The reverse side of the mystery card has the printed back face the opposite way as the other 3 normal insert auto inserts.
6) The mystery card has the same darker background shading on the reverse side as the front of the card, different from the normal auto inserts.
7) The mystery card is numbered with a leading A, this card is A04/75, the normal insert auto cards I have are 23/75 (Pro Bowl),
029/100 (Regular Season) and 24/25 (Super Bowl)

Anyone know anything about this variant, I have no idea how to list it unless it is an additional entry in the insert set with note (prefixed with A). Something like
2003 Fleer Authentix Jersey Authentix Autographs Pro Bowl parallel, numbered to 75, starts with Ann/nn

(09-24-2011, 10:17 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Here are two submissions of cards missing from the online and the annual price guide book.

After 10+ years of searching, I finally found the 1996 Pro Line National Interactive #2, with no official listing, I did not know
who I was looking for.
Found the card this week on ebay for $2 Smile Mystery over, it's Deion Sanders. I had previously found the other 9.
The cards are
#1 Emmitt Smith, Cowboys
#2 Deion Sanders, Cowboys
#3 Kerry Collins, Panthers
#4 Kordell Stewart, Steelers
#5 Terry Glenn, Patriots (in Ohio State Buckeyes uni)
#6 Drew Bledsoe, Patriots
#7 Keyshawn Johnson, Jets
#8 Marshall Faulk, Colts
#9 Lawrence Phillips, Rams (in Nebraska Cornhuskers uni)
#10 Eddie George, Oilers (in Ohio State Buckeyes uni)

I have provided two scans, the first shows the first 6 players, the second shows cards 7 - 10, the back of card #1
& a regular 1996 Pro Line National card.
[Image: 1996ProLineNationalInteractive1.jpg]
[Image: 1996ProLineNationalInteractive2.jpg]
In 1996, the National was in Anaheim, Pro Line produced a special parallel, stamped with a large A and the words 1996 Anaheim, the 17th National
1 of 499 in silver on the front of the card. They were inserted 1 per pack.
In addition, 1:20 packs so I think 1 per box was a 1996 Pro Line National Interactive card. When the scratch area was revealed,
a number was revealed for a regular card (1 - 350) or for example 63 National Proof
A matching regular card and interactive card was redeemed for an exclusive insert card.
The matching National proof card and interactive card was redeemed for a random piece of memorabilia.
After redemption the card was punched so it could not be used for multiple redemptions.
Hmm, I never made the connection that the Anaheim parallels were in correlation to the National Interactive cards.

Actually the ten National Interactive cards are listed in the OPG, HOWEVER only four of the players are listed (one being Kerry Collins) while the other six are designated with "TBD". Apparently Beckett did not know which other six players were also featured in the set. I hope Beckett in turn will now re-label the six mystery card listings now that we now know who was featured on all ten cards. Good job ginge01!

(09-25-2011, 06:54 PM)nittany13 Wrote: Hmm, I never made the connection that the Anaheim parallels were in correlation to the National Interactive cards.

Actually the ten National Interactive cards are listed in the OPG, HOWEVER only four of the players are listed (one being Kerry Collins) while the other six are designated with "TBD". Apparently Beckett did not know which other six players were also featured in the set. I hope Beckett in turn will now re-label the six mystery card listings now that we now know who was featured on all ten cards. Good job ginge01!
Hi, thanks for your feedback.
I had never read the back of the interactive card closely before. As well as being collectible, the National Interactive card and the National proof when paired could be redeemed for Score Board / Pro Line Memorabilia during the National. I can't imagine a lot of successful redemptions as there were 350 base cards so 350 National proofs. At one National Proof per pack, about 20 packs per box, with one interactive, it was going to be a 1 in 17-18 chance of getting a matching combination in one box.

I bought about 6-8 National boxes in 1998, trying to put together the National Proof parallel set together. Pulled a Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith & Jerry Rice so it was fun and in those days helped to pay for the boxes. I got 6-7 different Interactives from those bought boxes, started buying National singles and completed the set in 2000. I had been given 3 National Proof Jets cards, thought they looked cool, after that I wanted both a Jets set and a full 350 card set so I got hooked on buying boxes, its stayed with me trying to find that last Interactive card.
I'm still working on completing the Printer's Proof (need <10) & Headliners (need <25) parallel sets, I've liked 1996 Pro Line for 13 years, can't explain why.

I don't have the OPG, don't want it to tell you the truth, I prefer paper, the Annual guides, if cards get deleted from the OPG, until people like us point it out, it is lost forever. The paper annual guides don't lose entries, I can reference them and comment on them as I did this year with 2001 Fleer Autographics Wayne Chrebet. It accidentally ( I hope) got deleted, I hope it is returned.

The annual guide has never shown the National Interactives, I look forward to it being in the next published Annual guide, even if I have to wait 12 months.
It's fun to see our entries appear in the guides, this thread is my favorite thread as I see it improve the price guides, identifying unknown cards that would otherwise possibly never get identified. Nittany13, keep up the good work. Thanks

In reference to one of my previous submissions (NOTE - the cards below have since been added to the OPG):
[Image: scan0003.jpg][Image: scan0004.jpg]
Believe it or not ginge01, I think I found another variation.
[Image: KGrHqYOKpkE5b6uSDj0BOb-oK0Oqw60_121.jpg]
This card has an identical back to the top two of the four cards pictured, by all accounts anyway. It has a stamp like the one numbered to 225 shown, however this one is not numbered to anything and has a "Score Board" stamped logo instead of a "Classic". The stamps have other slight variances as well.
[Image: scan0009-3.jpg]
Again I am confused as to which specific card set this comes from.