`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
I would like to add another card to the "missing" list. This one is really bugging me, primarily because it is not an old card but a 2011 Panini Playbook Material Prime ( I am calling it Prime because that is what COMC is calling it). It is difficult to see but it is #'d to 25 rather than the typical ##/49, and includes patch variations rather than solid swatches. I have seen a few of these sell but still no listing in the online guide.

2011 Panini Playbook Materials Prime #21 - Keyshawn Johnson, Lee Roy Selmon, Warren Sapp, Mike Alstott /25 - Courtesy of COMC.com

2011 Panini Playbook Materials Prime #21 - Keyshawn Johnson, Lee Roy Selmon, Warren Sapp, Mike Alstott /25 - Courtesy of COMC.com

Images courtesy of COMC.com
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-28-2014, 02:00 AM)htoutlaws Wrote: [Image: 97ProMagnetsS4.jpg]
1997 Pro Magnets #S4
Thanks for sharing. That was the only one listed that I could not find being sold online.

(07-28-2014, 02:44 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: I would like to add another card to the "missing" list. This one is really bugging me, primarily because it is not an old card but a 2011 Panini Playbook Material Prime ( I am calling it Prime because that is what COMC is calling it). It is difficult to see but it is #'d to 25 rather than the typical ##/49, and includes patch variations rather than solid swatches. I have seen a few of these sell but still no listing in the online guide.

Images courtesy of COMC.com
That is a good catch. Is there a version of one of these exact cards shown above numbered to 49 as well?
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(07-21-2014, 06:17 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: I'll throw one into the mix. I searched the thread and nobody had posted it up yet, so...

2008 Upper Deck Kellog's Autographs--Jerome Bettis. They have the Rice and Theisman listed, but not this one. Not sure who else may have signed for this set.

Jerome Bettis photo JBK_zpsd6775653.jpg
There are only 3....Bettis, Theisman, and Rice. These were inserted into packages of crackers and featured those three players on the package.
I collect just about anything Jerome Bettis!
3,354 different Jerome Bettis cards as of 2/22/2016.

(07-28-2014, 11:52 PM)srt4eh Wrote: There are only 3....Bettis, Theisman, and Rice. These were inserted into packages of crackers and featured those three players on the package.
Good to know! Thank you! I wonder why the Bettis has been excluded from the guide.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

1995 Signature Rookies Phone Cards

I originally discussed these a little on page 9 of this thread, but I now have a little more information than I did prior.

These have been a mystery to me for years now for a number of reasons. I have no idea how they were issued, what the full checklist is or why one version has a "Card World" logo on the front and back while the other one does not.

In all there are two main base variations and an autographed version as well numbered to 125. Both of the base versions have different player numeric numbering. Some of the phone cards have a clear background behind the player names while the others have a "yellow-orange" background behind the lettering. The latter cards are numbered with a CW prefix followed by the card number and also have the "Card World" logos. What is odd is that four of the five autographed versions that I can confirm to exist feature three players from one set while just one is from the other (Carter with the clear letter background). I believe at this time Rashaan Salaam is featured in only one of these sets and did not autograph any either.

Below are random photos of these cards in question. Some I own while others were found online. Some of the same phone cards are shown more than once. I will provide an updated checklist below the provided examples.

[Image: scan0009_zpsb36621c3.jpg][Image: 13867_zps0f514dcf.jpg][Image: scan0010_zps6a8defcb.jpg][Image: e371b265-47e9-43a2-bf0c-531103257696_zpsa7322468.jpg][Image: KGrHqNHJFIFEyEpCkOQBRM7CF8Nw60_57_zpse641edce.jpg]

Set 1 (clear):

1 Rashaan Salaam
2-3 Michael Westbrook (exists - not sure of number), Steve McNair (believe it exists but not certain)
4 Ki-Jana Carter
5 Kerry Collins

Set 2 ("yellow-orange"):

CW1 Carter
CW2 Westbrook (believe it exists but not certain)
CW3 McNair (believe it exists but not certain)
CW4 Collins

Autographed:

CW2 Westbrook
CW3 McNair
CW4 Collins
4 Carter

(07-28-2014, 07:37 PM)nittany13 Wrote:
That is a good catch. Is there a version of one of these exact cards shown above numbered to 49 as well?
There is, but with solid swatches of material rather than patches. In fact, one of them has been floating around eBay for awhile...although I'm not seeing it right now.

1995 Classic Five-Sport Autographs Numbered (/225)

Currently only the Kerry Collins, Joey Galloway, Napoleon Kaufman, Steve Young, and Drew Bledsoe variations are listed in the OPG. However I was able to find others, which are not listed, without much trouble:
[Image: _121_zpsb47062a9.jpg][Image: KGrHqZlQE2EYP4lHzBNrioRd0_12_zpsb2291104.jpg][Image: _122_zpse6b35914.jpg][Image: _123_zpsd542e5f7.jpg][Image: _5729_zps328b4f05.jpg][Image: _5727_zpsee5c8e6e.jpg][Image: T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8HQEBQjtlErHQ60_57_zpsebf8496c.jpg]
I could not find /225 versions for Eric Zeier, Chad May or John Walsh, although it does not mean that those do not exist. Non-numbered versions of those three are listed however.

On a side note there are seemingly an endless number of other Five-Sport autograph variations out there, but that has been covered before in previous posts of this thread.

(07-30-2014, 05:56 AM)nittany13 Wrote: 1995 Classic Five-Sport Autographs Numbered (/225)

Currently only the Kerry Collins, Joey Galloway, Napoleon Kaufman, Steve Young, and Drew Bledsoe variations are listed in the OPG. However I was able to find others, which are not listed, without much trouble:
[Image: _121_zpsb47062a9.jpg][Image: KGrHqZlQE2EYP4lHzBNrioRd0_12_zpsb2291104.jpg][Image: _122_zpse6b35914.jpg][Image: _123_zpsd542e5f7.jpg][Image: _5729_zps328b4f05.jpg][Image: _5727_zpsee5c8e6e.jpg][Image: T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8HQEBQjtlErHQ60_57_zpsebf8496c.jpg]
I could not find /225 versions for Eric Zeier, Chad May or John Walsh, although it does not mean that those do not exist. Non-numbered versions of those three are listed however.

On a side note there are seemingly an endless number of other Five-Sport autograph variations out there, but that has been covered before in previous posts of this thread.
The entire auto set in 5 sport had an /225 version. They also included several players/drivers who did not have a base version. The /225 versions could only be found in hot boxes.
I've only seen the Marino pin twice.... Someone, when I saw it for the first time and inquired to buy it, sent it to me for free.... still cant believe it.... They were out of the 1995 Pinnacle Quarterback Club set... I nabbed a second copy of the redemption card and pinned the pin on. Looks pretty cool.
[Image: 01-16-2010113630PM.jpg]

Also, the Elway Auto from Pinnacle is listed because every card company inserted 50 Elway autos into one of their products as a cross manufacturer/brand promotion by the NFL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Does anyone from beckett look at this? If so, I can add several.

(07-30-2014, 02:32 PM)jeffcayce Wrote: Does anyone from beckett look at this? If so, I can add several.
No. But it would be nice if you shared nonetheless.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.