`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
1995 Signature Rookies Promos 20,000 (1-15)

I noticed that the OPG does not have a complete checklist for this set. Five are currently listed but ten are not. The actual corresponding card numbers are listed below as well.

[Image: f2_1_b1.jpg][Image: 55_11.jpg]

1 Ki-Jana Carter (listed)
2 Kyle Brady (listed)
3 Dave Barr
4 Kevin Carter
5 Stoney Case (listed)
6 Sherman Williams
7 Frank Sanders
8 Rashaan Salaam (listed)
9 Warren Sapp
10 James Stewart
11 James A. Stewart
12 J.J. Smith
13 J.J. Stokes
14 Michael Westbrook (listed)
15 Eric Zeier
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-17-2014, 05:24 AM)mbostick Wrote: 1995 Pinnacle NFL Quarterback Club Collector Pin Redemption Cards & Pins

These redemption cards, which look more like normal inserts from the front, were reported to be like 1 in 24 packs, which would make them fairly common, but they are pretty hard to find. They do not appear to show up on the online catalog, but were/or are listed in the printed Beckett annual guide. These cards must have been in special packs, as I never saw any that year, and along with many of my friends, we bought a ton of Pinnacle. They also expired pretty quickly, Feb. the following year, as the eBay borrowed scans of a Dave Brown below shows, which also suggest they may have only been in early packs.

[Image: %24_12.JPG]
[Image: BrownBackRedmption.jpg]
These were in the 1995 Pinnacle Club Collection packs, along with Aerial Assault, Arms Race, and Spotlight inserts. One per box I think. Not sure why they list only 9 players, though.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

1995 Signature Rookies Promos 20,000 Autographs

This is a continuation from my most previous post. At least ten of the fifteen cards from this set have autographed versions numbered to a 1,000. The OPG currently only lists the Westbrook. Do the other five exist? I have never seen any of them yet. The Brady example (the right one in the photo) shows what a sample back looks like.

[Image: scan0010-1.jpg][Image: scan0011-1.jpg][Image: KGrHqJHJFcFDS6gw0DqBQ3PrzvEr60_12_zpsc430b2bd.jpg][Image: T2eC16dHJIE9qSO9YiBRSRCluVCQ60_57_zpsacff6d71.jpg]

Here is a checklist of confirmed autographed cards within the set:

1 Ki-Jana Carter
2 Kyle Brady
3 Dave Barr
4 Kevin Carter
5 Stoney Case
6 ? Williams
7 ? Sanders
8 Rashaan Salaam
9 ? Sapp
10 James Stewart
11 James A. Stewart
12 ? Smith
13 ? Stokes
14 Michael Westbrook (listed)
15 Eric Zeier

2004 Press Pass SE Game Used Jersey Autographs

Beckett lists only 2 cards for this set - #1 Eli Manning and #2 Ben Roethlisberger. However there are more cards in the set. At the very least I have this card:

2004 Press Pass SE Game Used Jersey Autographs #JCAU/CP Cody Pickett
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 23/25
[Image: 9b6d3f76.jpg]

I had always thought that it was a full parallel set but I guess I am not really sure. I can't find any other examples of it online, but I've also never really looked for anyone else. You'd think somewhere along the way a Steven Jackson or Matt Schaub would have popped up. Also, maybe this isn't all that important but the card numbering really bothers me. The Manning should be listed as either "JCAUEM" or just "EM" (not #1) and the Big Ben should be "JCAUBR" or "BR". It's not like they don't do that for other sets...
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

1997 Crown Pro Stamps - three versions

On the very first page of this thread I discussed the 1997 Crown Pro Stamps, and since then the 12 shown below have since been added. On a side note they are categorized as stickers in the OPG but I would categorize these instead as stamps (I digress with my nitpicking):

[Image: scan0046.jpg][Image: scan0047.jpg][Image: _5724_zpsb9d82b97.jpg]

Three different sets of 1997 Crown Pro "Stamps" exist and I believe that I have compiled the complete checklist for every one. If I am wrong feel free to correct me.

Now above you will notice on the unopened pack you will see where it says "Random Pack" on the front. This is one of the three sets. To get the complete set you need to buy two packages with the corresponding sheet on front. Two duplicate sheets are in each package. This applies for every example as well.

As a result I would like to have these listed as "1997 Crown Pro Stamps Random Pack"

Now the second one is titled "NFL Quarterbacks":
[Image: _572_zps16cf3076.jpg]
It should be easy to see who is in this package. These stamps have numbers with a "QB" prefix. I believe this is the only "NFL Quarterbacks" package made. These should be classified as "1997 Crown Pro Stamps NFL Quarterbacks".

Last but not least are the team sets. At this time I am convinced that there were only five team sets made and they are all shown below:
[Image: _5714_zps0fb6a14b.jpg][Image: _575_zps55bc1dbc.jpg][Image: _5715_zps4aa3b949.jpg][Image: _5716_zpsa8ad27fd.jpg][Image: _5717_zpsa45ff358.jpg]

It should be easy to see who is on each sheet. Deion Sanders for the Cowboys one may be the only one that may be hard to see in that lower left hand corner.

These should be classified as "1997 Crown Pro Stamps Teams".

Crown Pro made a few series of magnets that year as well and I will be discussing those next.

(07-26-2014, 04:21 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 1997 Crown Pro Stamps - three versions
On a side note they are categorized as stickers in the OPG but I would categorize these instead as stamps
Just out of curiosity, why? It does say "Stickers" on the package. Just wondering.

This is great info. Looks like the all the photos are the same but the numbering is different. Easy to see how the lazy or indifferent eye can miss it...
Banner by mattfastiggi

Nittany13 seems as OCD as me LOL, however, I would classify these as stickers shaped like stamps Wink A stamp would require wetting whereas a sticker is peeled. Now THAT'S nitpicking.
You are also 100% correct on the different versions (as the pics show). Marino has an R7 a QB sticker and a Dolphins team set sticker, all the same save for the numbering. Only the R7 is listed at this point.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

In hindsight perhaps "Crown Pro Sticker Stamps" would be even more of an apt OPG description. The reason why I initially suggested that the random sticker stamps should be classified as stamps is because the 1995, 1996 and 1998 versions, which look very similar the the 1997 examples above, are listed as "stamps". So, if a newer collector was to type in "Pro Stamps" in the description bar above the 1997 set would not appear in the checklist with the rest, hence it may be confusing for a newbie. I guess I obsess a little too much on consistency.

It was mainly my fault anyway. When I discussed the random sheets on the first page of this thread a while back I classified these as "stickers". Whoever logged them in to the OPG just followed my recommendation.

1997 Crown Pro Magnets

There are four different variations of these magnets, that I know of anyway. Two of the four are listed so I will begin with those.

The first group is the smaller magnets, simply labled as Pro Magnets, and these had a retail price of $1.49. The OPG checklist for these include Brett Favre, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith, and Barry Sanders. The only one that I have not seen yet is the Sanders, but I have no reason to believe that it does not exist.

The OPG also lists Pro Magnets 4x5 and these retailed for $1.99. The OPG lists Favre, Marino, Emmitt Smith, Sanders, and Mark Brunell. I found two others shown below, Troy Aikman and Bryan Cox (Bryan Cox?).

[Image: _577_zps507588db.jpg][Image: _5718_zps4d363d5e.jpg]

Beckett has assigned numbers to the listed examples, however I cannot currently confirm where or if numbers are affixed anywhere on the magnets.

Also, there are two other versions of these magnets as I stated earlier. One Retailed at $4.59 while the other retailed at $4.99. I found Aikman and Smith versions of each and a $4.99 Favre shown below:
[Image: KGrHqIOKpcE5k7N7jBDBOgCMQcGDg60_57_zpsd1cff697.jpg][Image: _578_zps91c5eea8.jpg][Image: KGrHqVjcFC2wUcEuBR1IwlEwg60_57_zpsf5232ecd.jpg]
If Beckett were to ever list these I guess they can be labeled by the retail price on the box. That is probably the easiest way to do it.

I am willing to bet there are others out there I could not locate so I am willing to believe that this checklist is not complete.

[Image: 97ProMagnetsS4.jpg]
1997 Pro Magnets #S4