`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-14-2014, 07:40 PM)no1dolphan Wrote: While I'm absolutely NOT interested in plates, I am in the card. Is it a unique release or just a regular release thrown in to entice a plate purchase?
This thread is truly the round table of nit pickers... I'm still blown away about the '94 crash variant. Much like Marinocollector, Mbostick has a keen eye for detail.
The card on the plate shown, is part of the plate and I don't think Classic made the card in a different fashion. You can bet they did make a Marino plate though...lol.

Here is another unlisted card, which Marino likely has one of also....

1996 Topps Gilt Edge #55 Steve Young and 1996 Topps Gilt Edge #55 Steve Young Platinum.

If we call the Platinum the parallel, I have the two cards flipped around below, with the Platinum and then the normal (Gold). Beside the normal gold is one with a smaller and not filled in gold Topps Gilt logo. One of the bigger Steve Young collections was sold years ago and I notice it had this variation, so I don't take credit. I found this one on COMC later. (The backs are shown to show neither is the promo card).

I am wondering if the later came in factory sets, as they are not all exactly the same size.

[Image: 1996ToppsGilt55SY01a_zps05fa10df.jpg]

[Image: 1996ToppsGilt55SY01b_zpsd44270e2.jpg]

Update: no1dolphan has identified the open logo version as the promo card.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(03-18-2011, 01:09 AM)ginge01 Wrote: I love this thread, here is my two cents on these cards, I shall talk about my New York Jets cards associated with these die cast cars.

You have the 1999 Fleer White Rose, the Jets had Vinny Testaverde.
The regular Fleer Tradition card for Testaverde was #243, all cards in the set had red foil.
The White Rose Testaverde card was #25, it has gold foil.

2001 Ultra #289 Santana Moss with Holofoil, #ed to 2499
Ultra 32 of 38 Santana Moss with dull gold foil

2002 Ultra #199 Curtis Martin with Holofoil
Ultra #25 Curtis Martin dull gold foil

Fleer Tradition top row, White Rose bottom row
[Image: JetsFleerWhiteRose.jpg]

2003 Ultra #5 Chad Pennington, same card for Ultra and White Rose
2004 Ultra #98 Chad Pennington, same card for Ultra and White Rose
2005 Ultra #27 Curtis Martin, same card for Ultra and White Rose

2006 Upper Deck was inserting unique Die Cast cards after the collapse of Fleer who were bought by Upper Deck.
DC28 Jonathan Vilma, Different car for Vilma & D'Brick
RDC4 D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Rookie set)

2007 Upper Deck
DCC84 Chad Pennington, Ford SVT Adrenalin car painted green
DCC85 Laveranues Coles, Ford SVT Adrenalin car painted white

2008 Upper Deck
DC39 Thomas Jones, Green 1967 Ford Mustang
DC40 Kellen Clemens, White 1967 Ford Mustang
DC04 Vernon Gholston, Green Ford SVT
[Image: JetsUpperDeckDieCast.jpg]

2009 Score Regular Mark Sanchez #370 or Thomas Jones #208 card
2010 Prestige, Regular cards of either #135 Darrelle Revis, #138 Mark Sanchez or #139 Shonn Greene with a car.
There are several old postings I can add to, and may cherry pick some this next week.

I guess this is one of the ones you are calling White Rose....don't see that name on this one at least.

On 2005 Ultra, the 2005 Ultra Cadillac Escalade (1:64) with Gonzalez Card, the Gonzo card is clearly a different version. 2005 Ultra has holographic foil for its logo and player name. The Gonzo card on my Escalade is just grey ink, none of the normal base have just grey ink. The grey version does not appear to be listed.

2005 Ultra Cadillac Escalade (1:64) with Gonzalez Card
[Image: 2005UltraEscalade-GonzoCard01a_zpsbb0e5035.jpg]

[Image: 2005Ultra36Gonzo_zpsbdf07ffd.jpg]

Well, apparently, there are two versions of the 1995 White Rose Gonzo. This one is on eBay and has foil lettering. As cards are printed in sheets, it is likely that all '95 have this variation.

Guess I have to look for one (without a damaged card) so I can compare the cards (the one below with the normal) to see if they are different.

[Image: %24_57.JPG]

(09-26-2009, 09:29 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Tons of cards are not priced by beckett that exist... Take for example the 1991 UD cards.. If you dont know what im talking about.....
The 1991 UD cards came with 2 diff. holograms on the back ones with the UD logo and ones with Upper deck in the hologram.

All 1991 series 1 have three different hologram backs, which are 1990-1992 UD holograms.

[Image: 1991UpperDeck101.jpg]

[Image: 1991UpperDeckVariation01.jpg]
Has 1990 hologram.

[Image: 1991UpperDeckVariation02.jpg]
Has 1991 hologram, the "91" is always hard to see if present. This is the most common.

[Image: 1991UpperDeckVariation03.jpg]
Has 1992 hologram.

Upper Deck literally seems to have printed to order many things.

(11-25-2009, 06:17 PM)nittany13 Wrote: In addition there is also an autographed Kerry Collins mini Panthers helmet, mini football, standard sized football, and another mini sized football with tee. Most likely all came from QVC or Shop At Home. All circa 1995-96.

[Image: 1242_11.jpg]
[Image: Kerry11.jpg]
[Image: 9d1f_11.jpg]
The one below may be an exception since I am inclined to believe it was released in 1997 since John F. White's name is listed on the COA.
[Image: B8rp--QWkKGrHqZiYEzNc0lssSBM3vm-ncw_121.jpg]

Everything listed in this post also comes with a COA from Score Board.

Every Scoreboard item you showed, except the last, were 1996 Score Board Memorabilia redemptions. They likely made a plaque or two also, which I could help you identify if you have any candidates. (They used the same, 3-4 different, woods and fonts on all the plaques.)

I sent in over 100 of those things.....ended up getting screwed on a dozen or so items.

Interesting or not, they had a $5 redemption fee, which they could not charge in all states, due to local laws. Because of this, I sent all of mine to a friend in Florida to redeem. But part of this was due to the fact you never knew when or if they would cash your check...meaning your item was coming. Hard to manage a checking book number and have 100 $5 checks out that might never be cashed or cashed at any moment.

(02-10-2011, 04:39 PM)nittany13 Wrote: *UPDATE - In hindsight I am not sure of the legitimacy of this card.

Below is a Tony Banks autograph on a card with a look very similar to the 1996 Leaf set. I think the COA states that 2,000 of these specific auto cards were issued. The bottom left hand corner design is different from that of the regular or parallel sets (that I am aware of). There were 9-10 other cards that are included in the snap case but, to my knowledge, do not contain any distinguishing characteristics from the main card design to make those parallels of the base set. I wonder if these were given away at a national card show or something. Currently I am not aware of any other auto cards like this of other players.

[Image: B3h14BWkKGrHqEOKm4E3uWsNBMkn0mbCmQ_121.jpg]
This is a legitimate card. There are a total of six different rc autos, I can't remember all of the others, but Leeland McElroy (msp?) the Cardinals RC, was also one of the six. I had both the Banks and the McElroy.

I am 99% sure, they were a factory set bonus, one per a set.

[Image: 1998PinnacleInsideStandUpGuys01a.jpg][Image: 1998PinnacleInsideStandUpGuys01b.jpg]

1998 Pinnacle Inside Stamp-Up Promo. One card slides into the other and it stands up. Front and back images are shown below.

For Steve Young and these cards, Beckett shows...
1998 Pinnacle Inside Stand Up Guys Promos #2AB Steve Young/Kordell Stewart/Mark Brunell/Drew Bledsoe
1998 Pinnacle Inside Stand Up Guys Promos #2CD Steve Young/Kordell Stewart/Mark Brunell/Drew Bledsoe

Beckett only list one of these cards, not sure which Beckett is acknowledging. Note the type on the numbering is different, so perhaps there are two sets of /50.

1999 Leaf Rookies & Stars Signature Series #SS-21 Steve Young & Cade McNown Autos 26/50
[Image: 1999LeafR-SSignatureSeriesSS-21Young-McN...4527f6.jpg]
[Image: 1999LeafR-SSignatureSeriesSS-21Young-McN...0bbaa8.jpg]

1999 Leaf Rookies & Stars Signature Series #SS-21 Steve Young Auto 41/50
[Image: 1999LeafR-SSignatureSeriesSS-21Young-McN...3ff502.jpg]
[Image: 1999LeafR-SSignatureSeriesSS-21Young-McN...356ee5.jpg]

I saw these mentioned previously. I likely would not include them in a catalog, as Score Board used cards they did not have a license for (Topps cards).

[Image: SteveYoungQBCAutos01a_zps9f6b320a.jpg]

Around 1996 the QVC channel sold many various sport card and autographs, including several series of signed football cards. The cards, from various manufacturers, were signed, numbered from 1000-2000, and placed inside unusual storage/display cases. The cards also came with a Scoreboard COA and an NFL sticker. No clue why the sticker was included, but I can imagine the guy selling these making a fuss about it, "PLUS, you get an NFL properties sticker...". You can often find these autographs on eBay, including other players like Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin (RCs), for very little as few know what they are. I have only ever seen one for sale with its original QVC receipt, and personally would pay a premium for any with the receipt.....but I am not sure if anyone else would...lol.

I think I have all the Steve Young cards from this promotion. The 1989 TT, comes in both blue and black ink signatures, as shown below. I don't think these should be listed again, but I figured I would note the variation since these cards were mentioned in the thread.

1989 Topps Traded #24 Steve Young Autos /2000 (Blue Ink & Black Ink)
[Image: SteveYoungQBCAutos01b_zps3601f56b.jpg]
[Image: SteveYoungQBCAutos01c_zps52a2d78f.jpg]

Perhaps the strangest thing in my Young collection....Steve Young Bodyslide work out pants.

[Image: SteveYoungPants01a.jpg]

Attached to the pants in a double sided color card. Beckett does acknowledge like retail tags as cards, for example the 80s Pepsi 2-liter cards and the Nike cards from c.1985-1986....which some consider the first Jordan card. These examples are more trading card like, then this one is perhaps, so I am not really sure if I would catalog this either....aside from the fact that I have it, which sort of gives me little choice.

[Image: SteveYoungPants01b.jpg]

The bottom 1999 Leaf Rookies & Stars Signature Series Young/McCown LARGE FONT serial # ing is the replacement card stamping. Sometimes you'll have people argue over the legitimacy, but they're real.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

This is the latest variation I have discovered. Most cards now are printed for a few days and we are unlikely to find the number of variations we did in the past....I imagine.

Still missing the 2012 Certified Emerald /5 (Base) to complete the run, and I have a lot of dups, not shown, but what is presented, does show the variation.

If you look the left of Gonzalez' shoulder on the Mirror Black you can see a small curved line. This line is also present on the Mirror Golds, although missing from the Mirror Blues I have. However, if you look at the three Mirror Reds shown, two have it, and one does not. It's not a big variation, but the plates were changed or cleaned at one point during the run.

So far, I have only found the variation on the red mirror. There is another no comma version on ebay (Burbank) and one on comc as well.

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Mirror Black 1/1
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-1-1a_zpscac25405.jpg] [Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-1-1b_zps41ad0b15.jpg]

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Mirror Gold /25
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-25-001a_zps9c4a8371.jpg]

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Mirror Blue /100
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-100-001a_zps09eaa802.jpg]

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Mirror Red /250
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-250-001a_zps6e20391c.jpg]

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Emerald Prime Materials /5
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-GU-5-001a_zpsfc75a8a9.jpg]

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Mirror Blue Materials /10
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-GU-10-001a_zpsdda9f43c.jpg]

2012 Certified #16 Tony Gonzalez Mirror Gold Prime Materials /49
[Image: 2012-Certified-16-Gz-GU-49-001a_zps4eb9f240.jpg]

I've seen an Aikman plate for sale. Not sure if emmitt exists. I don't know if I want to collect these since they are technically not cards. Of course on the other hand I'm probably going to buy the 1971 Mattel mini record of bob Hayes. As far as all the qvc and score board secondary autos I don't collect those for my 1960-1994 Cowboys collection. I really only want official autos released in packs or through redemption during those years. Does anyone know how legitimate the qvc autos are?

(07-16-2014, 09:10 AM)jjoy Wrote: I've seen an Aikman plate for sale. Not sure if emmitt exists. I don't know if I want to collect these since they are technically not cards. Of course on the other hand I'm probably going to buy the 1971 Mattel mini record of bob Hayes. As far as all the qvc and score board secondary autos I don't collect those for my 1960-1994 Cowboys collection. I really only want official autos released in packs or through redemption during those years. Does anyone know how legitimate the qvc autos are?

Mostly likely Emmitt does not exist. They pretty much stuck to the qb club players, which would mean at the time, mostly all qbs, no emmitt, but may include Jerry Rice and Junior Seau. (It seems they were the two most common non-qb's used with that promotion at the time).

The QVC autos are all real, meaning the ones in the little cases, I can not comment on other QVC sold autos. If I recall correctly they were like $39.99 each.

At the time Score Board had exclusive contracts with anyone worth doing such with. When they folded, these contracts were their largest asset.

(07-16-2014, 03:52 AM)jaderock Wrote: The bottom 1999 Leaf Rookies & Stars Signature Series Young/McCown LARGE FONT serial # ing is the replacement card stamping. Sometimes you'll have people argue over the legitimacy, but they're real.
Thanks for the note Peter, I will note it in my files. I would consider sending in any card signed by McCown as damaged also....lol.