`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(10-27-2012, 08:38 AM)raidernation75 Wrote: I have a few Howie Long cards that are not listed in Beckett.

First the 1989 Franchise Game #229 Howie Long card (top left) IS listed, but the 1987 Franchise Game version (top right) is NOT listed.

I HAVE NOTICED THAT CARDS WITHOUT PICTURES OF THE PLAYER ARE TYPICALLY OPG OMITTED. THIS IS WHY THE OLDER STRAT-O-MATIC BASEBALL STAT CARDS AND NEARLY ALL REDEMPTION CARDS ARE NOT LISTED EITHER. THE ONLY EXCEPTION THAT I CAN THINK OF ARE THE 1997 ACTION PACKED EXTRA POINTS CARDS AND TRUTHFULLY I WISH BECKETT WOULD REMOVE THOSE FROM THE OPG IN THE INTEREST OF CONSISTENCY.

Next 1989 Topps "Scoreboard" autograph is NOT listed...

ONE COMPANY HAVING A CARD FROM COMPETITOR COMPANY AUTOGRAPHED AND THEN HAVING IT PRESUMABLY INSERTED IN THEIR OWN PACKS - NOW THAT IS WILD! I NEVER KNEW SCOREBOARD/PRO LINE/CLASSIC EVER DID THAT AND I COULD NOT IMAGINE TOPPS GRANTING PERMISSION.

I WONDER AS A RESULT IF THAT ITEM COULD BE A FAKE, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING A "DOWNER". I THINK CREATIVEMONKEY COMMENTED A WHILE BACK THAT AFTER THE COMPANY WENT BANKRUPT A LARGE NUMBER OF UNAUTOGRAPHED SCOREBOARD/PRO LINE/CLASSIC CARDS WERE SHIPPED TO ASIA SOMEWHERE AND FORGED AND THEN SOLD ONLINE. APPARENTLY THEY ALSO ATTAINED THE STAMP AS WELL.

I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH.

and the 1988 and 1989 Starting lineup INDIVIDUAL cards are listed in Becket but the 1989 SLU One-On-One * #9 John Elway/Howie Long
card is NOT listed.

THE CARDS IN THE SINGLE PACKAGES ARE ALL SEEMINGLY OPG LISTED BUT NOT THE CARDS IN THE DUAL PACKAGES WHICH IS ODD. IF SOME ARE GOING TO BE LISTED THAN ALL SHOULD BE. I NOTICED THIS OMISSION TOO WHEN I LOOKED UP MY OWN SLU HAM/LAMBERT PIECE.

THE WHITE ROSE COLLECTIBLE CARDS IN THE PACKAGES SHOULD ALSO BE LISTED SEPARATELY, I BELIEVE, IF THE CARDS ARE UNIQUE VARIATIONS AS IN THIS CASE. THERE ARE PERHAPS OTHER GOOD EXAMPLES.

(10-28-2012, 04:55 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Nittany is correct.

CONTACT DAN HITT....

I have done it. And got cards added. Posting in this tread only suits the purpose to letting others know. I do not think Beckett reads the threads.
I BELIEVE THAT AT LEAST ONE BECKETT STAFF MEMBER HAS INDEED LOOKED THROUGH THIS THREAD BEFORE MY SUGGESTIONS WERE ADDED. I BASICALLY PROVIDED THE LINK AND THE NUMBERS OF MY POSTS.

I WOULD THINK THAT THE CHANCES OF YOUR RECOMMENDED ITEMS BEING ADDED WOULD INCREASE IF SUFFICIENT INFORMATION IS SUPPLIED ABOUT THE CARD/CARDS/SET IN QUESTION. THIS IS WHY I SCAN BOTH THE FRONT AND BACKS OF THE CARDS, THAT IS IF I AM IN POSSESSION OF THE CARDS IN QUESTION OF COURSE, OR CUT AND PASTE THE PICTURE OF THE CARD I SAW ONLINE. AT THE VERY LEAST STATE IF THE CARD IS NUMBERED, HAS A PRINT RUN, ETC...

Sorry, I forgot to turn off the caps lock.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
*UPDATE - I later learned these were part of an 8 player team sheet. The full intact Giants sheet is shown on page 31. Full Jet and Jaguar team sheet are subsequently shown as well.

2001 Score Giants

This one is a mystery to me since I do not know where these came from - giveaways at a Meadowlands game perhaps?

The card on the right is of course the listed base card. You can see the obvious differences on the front and back, one being it is not numbered. These must have been distributed in perforated sheets. The Collins card is wider than a standard card too but that may be due to poor production.

I am not sure how many are in the set, but I would imagine it may be the entire Giants team featured in the Score set that year. A couple additional examples are on the bottom.
[Image: scan0010-4.jpg][Image: scan0011-3.jpg][Image: KGrHqFHJCcE8fZyqIBPJewDFMQ60_121.jpg][Image: KGrHqRkwE8NuvfT4BPJwmRZu7w60_121.jpg]

Here are the different versions that I am aware of...

[Image: 01ScoreSelect68.jpg]
[Image: 01ScoreSelectFinalScore68.jpg]
[Image: 01ScoreTrumpCard68.jpg]
[Image: 01ScoreEndZoneEddie68.jpg]

(10-28-2012, 08:02 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 2001 Score Giants
Not sure of it's origin, but it originally came as a 9 card sheet...the Jaguars had these as well...I forgot what the seller said they were from.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(10-28-2012, 08:09 PM)htoutlaws Wrote: Here are the different versions that I am aware of...

[Image: 01ScoreSelect68.jpg]
[Image: 01ScoreSelectFinalScore68.jpg]
[Image: 01ScoreTrumpCard68.jpg]
[Image: 01ScoreEndZoneEddie68.jpg]
Well, the top two Select cards are listed in the OPG, however I did notice that there are two different versions of the Score base card below. What is interesting is that the OPG recognizes only one Barry Sanders Score base card. You have proved that there are indeed two Score base variations - but could there be even more? Even more intriguing is the fact that the whole base set could have multiple variations which means I am going to have to investigate the cards of players I collect that are represented in that set.

(10-28-2012, 11:47 PM)jaderock Wrote: Not sure of it's origin, but it originally came as a 9 card sheet...the Jaguars had these as well...I forgot what the seller said they were from.
If there indeed is a Jags version too then perhaps there may be other 2001 Score perforated parallel card sets of other NFL teams out there as well, very interesting. Now I am even more curious. Thanks for your insight.

I have to admit. That Sanders BASE variation took me a min. to figure out LOL

And in case anyone else Hasn't.... It is the little dude under the #...

(10-29-2012, 12:25 AM)nittany13 Wrote: If there indeed is a Jags version too then perhaps there may be other 2001 Score perforated parallel card sets of other NFL teams out there as well, very interesting. Now I am even more curious. Thanks for your insight.
Here's what it looked like..seller had 2 of them (which was the only time I've ever seen them).

Fred Taylor, Mark Brunell, Keenan McCardell, Jimmy Smith, Hardy Nickerson, Kyle Brady, Tony Boselli and Tony Brackens
[Image: 1029002.jpg]
[Image: 1029003.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

(10-30-2012, 01:42 AM)jaderock Wrote: Here's what it looked like..seller had 2 of them (which was the only time I've ever seen them).

Fred Taylor, Mark Brunell, Keenan McCardell, Jimmy Smith, Hardy Nickerson, Kyle Brady, Tony Boselli and Tony Brackens
If only there was a type of cross-promotional company logo on the center card besides that of the manufacturer. That would provide a solid clue to the purpose of the creation and the distribution of these team sheets, or perhaps these were never released to the public in the first place because Score decided to scrap plans for its release for some reason. If so this may explain its rarity. Thanks for sharing!

*UPDATE - The Penn State set and the main set and parallel of the (the Sportscall prefix should probably be added here) Destiny Telecom Men of Destiny Phone Cards are now OPG listed. With help we were able to compile the full checklist as noted in subsequent posts.

I have a couple new additions here, first off:

2011 Penn State set

[Image: KGrHqRrQE-ZQpi4cnBPnP54pScQ60_12.jpg]

All the Second Mile Penn State sets dating back from 1988 to 2010 are listed in the OPG, but not the 2011 one. These sets no longer will be issued for reasons that should be painfully obvious.

The checklist for this 25 card set:
Drew Astorino, Quinn Barham, Brandon Beachum, Robert Bolden, Justin Brown, Jack Crawford, Gerald Hodges, Mike Hull, Eric Latimore, Michael Mauti, Matt McGloin, Derek Moye, Nittany Lion Mascot, Chimaeze Okoli, Chaz Powell, Silas Redd, Devon Smith, Matt Stankiewich, Devon Still, Natan Stupar, Joey Suhey, Nick Sukay, Johnnie Troutman, Malcolm Willis, Michael Zordich.
1996 (?) Sportscall Destiny Telecom Phone Cards

This is a 100 card set and there is also a parallel.

[Image: KGrHqZiwFBMIl6wBQlu16YVLg60_35.jpg][Image: T2eC16Ry0E9s2S6c9FBQlz1HSpwg60_35.jpg][Image: KGrHqRjYFCO-y1In9BQl1SvRw60_35.jpg]

The card on the left is the base and is numbered to 4,000 while the one in the center is numbered to 1,000, which is the Gold Series parallel. The card on the right is from 1996 Sportscall set, which is a different set altogether, and that set is listed in the OPG. I wanted to clarify this to try and lessen any confusion.

I do not currently have the entire checklist right now, however these are seemingly in order by teams so that should help a little in determining who else is featured in the set.
2 Seth Joyner
3 Clyde Simmons
5 Bobby Hebert
6 Eric Metcalf
7 Ernest Byner
11 Bruce Smith
13 Steve Beuerlein
14 Mark Carrier
15 Eric Davis
16 Kerry Collins
18 Eric Kramer
19 Rashaan Salaam
20 Jeff Blake
22 Darnay Scott
23 Troy Aikman
26 Deion Sanders
27 Emmitt Smith
28 Herschel Walker
29 Terrell Davis
34 Barry Sanders
36 Brett Favre
37 Anthony Morgan
38 Reggie White
39 Mel Gray
41 Rodney Thomas
42 Sean Dawkins
43 Marshall Faulk
45 Mark Brunell
46 Natrone Means
47 Andre Rison
48 Marcus Allen
49 Steve Bono
51 Karim Abdul-Jabbar
52 Dan Marino
53 O.J. McDuffie
55 Quadry Ismail
56 Warren Moon
57 Robert Smith
58 Drew Bledsoe
59 Shawn Jefferson
60 Eric Allen
61 Jim Everett
62 Michael Haynes
63 Dave Brown
64 Rodney Hampton
65 Mike Sherrard
66 Jeff Graham
67 Keyshawn Johnson
68 Neil O'Donnell
69 Tim Brown
70 Jeff Hostetler
71 Napolean Kaufman
72 Harvey Williams
73 Ty Detmer
75 Rodney Peete
77 Kordell Stewart
80 Isaac Bruce
83 Stan Humphries
84 Junior Seau
85 Elvis Grbac
86 Brent Jones
87 Ken Norton Jr.
88 Jerry Rice
89 J.J. Stokes
90 Steve Young
92 Joey Galloway
93 Rick Mirer
94 Steve Smith
95 Horace Copeland
96 Trent Dilfer
97 Alvin Harper
98 Terry Allen
99 Gus Ferotte
100 Michael Westbrook

I filled in the blanks for you....there's also a 30 card JUMBO Quarterback Club
#/500 set as well

(11-17-2012, 09:39 PM)nittany13 Wrote: The card on the left is the base and is numbered to 4,000 while the one in the center is numbered to 1,000, which is the Gold Series parallel. The card on the right is from 1996 Sportscall set, which is a different set altogether, and that set is listed in the OPG. I wanted to clarify this to try and lessen any confusion.

I do not currently have the entire checklist right now, however these are seemingly in order by teams so that should help a little in determining who else is featured in the set.
1 Boomer Esiason
2 Seth Joyner
3 Clyde Simmons
4Cornelius Bennett
5 Bobby Hebert
6 Eric Metcalf
7 Ernest Byner
8Leroy Hoard
9Vinny Testaverde
10Jim Kelly
11 Bruce Smith
12 Thurman Thomas
13 Steve Beuerlein
14 Mark Carrier
15 Eric Davis
16 Kerry Collins
17 Brian Cox
18 Eric Kramer
19 Rashaan Salaam
20 Jeff Blake
21Carl Pickens
22 Darnay Scott
23 Troy Aikman
24 Charles Haley
25Michael Irvin
26 Deion Sanders
27 Emmitt Smith
28 Herschel Walker
29 Terrell Davis
30John Elway
31Mike Pritchard
32Shannon Sharpe
33Reggie Brown
34 Barry Sanders
35Robert Brooks
36 Brett Favre
37 Anthony Morgan
38 Reggie White
39 Mel Gray
40Steve McNair
41 Rodney Thomas
42 Sean Dawkins
43 Marshall Faulk
44Jim Harbaugh
45 Mark Brunell
46 Natrone Means
47 Andre Rison
48 Marcus Allen
49 Steve Bono
50Derrick Thomas
51 Karim Abdul-Jabbar
52 Dan Marino
53 O.J. McDuffie
54Chris Carter
55 Quadry Ismail
56 Warren Moon
57 Robert Smith
58 Drew Bledsoe
59 Shawn Jefferson
60 Eric Allen
61 Jim Everett
62 Michael Haynes
63 Dave Brown
64 Rodney Hampton
65 Mike Sherrard
66 Jeff Graham
67 Keyshawn Johnson
68 Neil O'Donnell
69 Tim Brown
70 Jeff Hostetler
71 Napolean Kaufman
72 Harvey Williams
73 Ty Detmer
74 Irving Fryar
75 Rodney Peete
76Ricky Watters
77 Kordell Stewart
78Mike Tomczak
79Rod Woodson
80 Isaac Bruce
81Steve Walsh
82Aaron Hayden
83 Stan Humphries
84 Junior Seau
85 Elvis Grbac
86 Brent Jones
87 Ken Norton Jr.
88 Jerry Rice
89 J.J. Stokes
90 Steve Young
91Brian Blades
92 Joey Galloway
93 Rick Mirer
94 Steve Smith
95 Horace Copeland
96 Trent Dilfer
97 Alvin Harper
98 Terry Allen
99 Gus Ferotte
100 Michael Westbrook