`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ot- nicest baseball players you have met? (and the not so nice)

RE: ot- nicest baseball players you have met? (and the not so nice)
Nicest - Ralph Kiner. I saw him sign for literally hundreds of people at a show. He also spoke to each one for an average of two minutes and sometimes more. This, despite being 90 years old and having suffered a stroke. His memory is still as sharp as ever. He also charged a low fee.

Wesley Walker - Former Jets WR superstar signed a black and white photograph for me when I was in the hospital as a kid

Wilt Chamberlain - I saw him sign for hundreds of kids after a charity basketball game for free. One year later, he died.

Walt Frazier - a great signer and genuinely nice man

Harmon Killebrew - very nice guy who had a low fee. It is a shame he died from cancer.

Bob Feller - one of the nicest Hall of Famers you will meet. Loved to talk. Charged a low fee. Very personable. Signed everything.

Al Leiter, signed four autographs for me for free at an early appearance in the late 80s.

Mike Piazza - I saw him sign a bunch of autographs for a Medal of Honor recipient and was very gracious and respectful about it. Very nice guy.

Martin Brodeur - spoke to me for 10 minutes about his career and I didn't even buy an autograph.

Whitey Ford - nice guy. Told me Ted Williams was the toughest hitter he faced (obviously). Charges a high fee but he deserves it.

Not so nice - Yogi Berra. Saw him once at an appearance charging over $100 a pop, unwilling to talk to anybody and gave a group of two mothers and their children a hard time for taking too many pictures.

RE: ot- nicest baseball players you have met? (and the not so nice)
I've met alot of players and celebs.

Albert Belle-Carlos Baerga-Kenny Lofton-Manny Ramirez-David Justice-Rick Manning-Manny Acta-Omar Vizquel-Jim Thome-Jason Kipnis-Fausto Carmona (Wife parents live next door to my folks) Omar Vizquel (met at circuit city,he bought a computer)Mike Hargrove.bob feller and herb score.

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.