`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!
04-02-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!
Not sure if I've posted these up in this thread but....
1995 Fleer Prospects Jeter w/ & w/o MLB logo on back
[Image: jeter95back.jpg]
Jeter front
[Image: jeter95front.jpg]
1991 Pro Set Bruce Smith #? Pro Set "The Official NFL Card" in white & in black
[Image: bsmith.jpg]
1980 Topps Bob Randall purple flag tip & corrected. Reminds me of the 1989 Topps Stan Jefferson.
[Image: bobrandall.jpg]
1994 Topps Delino Deshields EXPOS and 2B in Red, corrected yellow
[Image: 94Deshields.jpg]
1995 Topps Babe Ruth w/ & w/o gold Topps logo in upper left.
[Image: 95Babe.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 08:27 AM
I just found that the 1994 Collectors Choice has a few different Variants:

All Series 1 cards can be found with the logo and words on the Hologram written vertically (Down to Up) or horizontally (Left to Right)

The Up Close and Personal cards have a Beige bottom border or black bottom border.

Shawn
05-26-2013, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 05:12 AM by dut1818.)
1996 Donruss Round Trippers came in Bronze and a rarer version came with Gold on the front. From what I have seen the Gold is at least 10 times rarer.
[Image: ec27f0256444432.jpg]
07-08-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 02:38 PM by lilragu.)
Can anyone please post a picture of the three Darrell Jacson variations from the 1982 Fleer set? I have been looking for all three, but have only seen 2 and do not know what the third looks like.
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
(07-08-2013 02:37 PM)lilragu Wrote:  Can anyone please post a picture of the three Darrell Jacson variations from the 1982 Fleer set? I have been looking for all three, but have only seen 2 and do not know what the third looks like.

Found this, describes what the difference is http://www.baseballerrors.com/sets.php?Set=32

Code:
555     a     Jackson, Darrell     Black cap
555     b     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap with emblem
555     c     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap no emblem

[Image: beckett_sig_20140715.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

07-09-2013, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 08:02 AM by lilragu.)
(07-08-2013 02:42 PM)aktlingit Wrote:  Found this, describes what the difference is http://www.baseballerrors.com/sets.php?Set=32

Code:
555     a     Jackson, Darrell     Black cap
555     b     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap with emblem
555     c     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap no emblem

Thanks for the response. I know what the differences are, but I have never seen them. I have actually purchased what supposed to be a "c" variation, but from what I saw, it had an emblem on the red hat.

I currently have the black hat variation, and a red hat with some white on it which makes me think it is variation "B". Unfortunately, I have never seen a red cap without an emblem. I would love to see some pictures so I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is an Ebay listing that says rare red hat without emblem :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Fleer-Darre...140wt_1157

This is the card that I'm talking about that, to me at least, it shows the white spec. I take this spec as the logo. I would imgine the red hat without the logo should be just that, a completely red hat. If the red hat w/o logo is the card in the listing, then what does the red hat w/logo look like?
07-09-2013, 09:04 AM
(07-09-2013 07:07 AM)lilragu Wrote:  Thanks for the response. I know what the differences are, but I have never seen them. I have actually purchased what supposed to be a "c" variation, but from what I saw, it had an emblem on the red hat.

I currently have the black hat variation, and a red hat with some white on it which makes me think it is variation "B". Unfortunately, I have never seen a red cap without an emblem. I would love to see some pictures so I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is an Ebay listing that says rare red hat without emblem :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Fleer-Darre...140wt_1157

This is the card that I'm talking about that, to me at least, it shows the white spec. I take this spec as the logo. I would imgine the red hat without the logo should be just that, a completely red hat. If the red hat w/o logo is the card in the listing, then what does the red hat w/logo look like?

Ah ok, sorry, was just trying to give any info I found about the error.

Did a little more digging this morning and wow is that one not really described well lol

So it turns out there is one with just a smidge of white showing on the cap and one with enough white that you can pretty confidently say yes that's the Twins logo.

Logo: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

Just a smidge of white: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

If you open both of those URLs up in separate tabs and switch between them a couple times you can see the difference pretty cleanly.

Hope that helps you in your hunt.

[Image: beckett_sig_20140715.jpg]
AKTlingit's Collections on Tumblr

07-09-2013, 10:14 AM
(07-09-2013 09:04 AM)aktlingit Wrote:  Ah ok, sorry, was just trying to give any info I found about the error.

Did a little more digging this morning and wow is that one not really described well lol

So it turns out there is one with just a smidge of white showing on the cap and one with enough white that you can pretty confidently say yes that's the Twins logo.

Logo: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

Just a smidge of white: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

If you open both of those URLs up in separate tabs and switch between them a couple times you can see the difference pretty cleanly.

Hope that helps you in your hunt.

It sure does, thanks for the help. Now I know what I'm lookng for.
07-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I picked up a collection recently and there were two different runs of the 1991 Fleer stickers. One version has the pinkish Top 10 on the back, the others has the dark Top 10 on the back.

One version is the variant version with border crop issues on the stickers as well. Here is a scan of what I am talking about.

Pink "Top Ten" on the back
[Image: image0648_zpsb4c2ea50.jpg]

Red "Top Ten" on the back
[Image: image0608_zps80528c1c.jpg]

As you can tell, there were borders around the team logo stickers that are easily noticeable.

Now here is the fun stuff...piggybacking of the original post I thought I would look to see if there are slight variants between the base sets. One card in and the logo is different on the front of the cards. One has a darker red '91 on the front. But it is easier to determine what the variants are on the back. #1 Troy Afenir has a space between the word hit and the period at the end of the sentence.

This is card #1....I think I might need a case of whisky after this.