`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

RE: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!
Not sure if I've posted these up in this thread but....
1995 Fleer Prospects Jeter w/ & w/o MLB logo on back
[Image: jeter95back.jpg]
Jeter front
[Image: jeter95front.jpg]
1991 Pro Set Bruce Smith #? Pro Set "The Official NFL Card" in white & in black
[Image: bsmith.jpg]
1980 Topps Bob Randall purple flag tip & corrected. Reminds me of the 1989 Topps Stan Jefferson.
[Image: bobrandall.jpg]
1994 Topps Delino Deshields EXPOS and 2B in Red, corrected yellow
[Image: 94Deshields.jpg]
1995 Topps Babe Ruth w/ & w/o gold Topps logo in upper left.
[Image: 95Babe.jpg]

I just found that the 1994 Collectors Choice has a few different Variants:

All Series 1 cards can be found with the logo and words on the Hologram written vertically (Down to Up) or horizontally (Left to Right)

The Up Close and Personal cards have a Beige bottom border or black bottom border.

Shawn

1996 Donruss Round Trippers came in Bronze and a rarer version came with Gold on the front. From what I have seen the Gold is at least 10 times rarer.
[Image: ec27f0256444432.jpg]

Can anyone please post a picture of the three Darrell Jacson variations from the 1982 Fleer set? I have been looking for all three, but have only seen 2 and do not know what the third looks like.

(07-08-2013, 03:37 PM)lilragu Wrote: Can anyone please post a picture of the three Darrell Jacson variations from the 1982 Fleer set? I have been looking for all three, but have only seen 2 and do not know what the third looks like.
Found this, describes what the difference is http://www.baseballerrors.com/sets.php?Set=32

Code:
555     a     Jackson, Darrell     Black cap
555     b     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap with emblem
555     c     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap no emblem

(07-08-2013, 03:42 PM)aktlingit Wrote: Found this, describes what the difference is http://www.baseballerrors.com/sets.php?Set=32

Code:
555     a     Jackson, Darrell     Black cap
555     b     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap with emblem
555     c     Jackson, Darrell     Red cap no emblem
Thanks for the response. I know what the differences are, but I have never seen them. I have actually purchased what supposed to be a "c" variation, but from what I saw, it had an emblem on the red hat.

I currently have the black hat variation, and a red hat with some white on it which makes me think it is variation "B". Unfortunately, I have never seen a red cap without an emblem. I would love to see some pictures so I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is an Ebay listing that says rare red hat without emblem :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Fleer-Darre...140wt_1157

This is the card that I'm talking about that, to me at least, it shows the white spec. I take this spec as the logo. I would imgine the red hat without the logo should be just that, a completely red hat. If the red hat w/o logo is the card in the listing, then what does the red hat w/logo look like?

(07-09-2013, 08:07 AM)lilragu Wrote: Thanks for the response. I know what the differences are, but I have never seen them. I have actually purchased what supposed to be a "c" variation, but from what I saw, it had an emblem on the red hat.

I currently have the black hat variation, and a red hat with some white on it which makes me think it is variation "B". Unfortunately, I have never seen a red cap without an emblem. I would love to see some pictures so I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is an Ebay listing that says rare red hat without emblem :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Fleer-Darre...140wt_1157

This is the card that I'm talking about that, to me at least, it shows the white spec. I take this spec as the logo. I would imgine the red hat without the logo should be just that, a completely red hat. If the red hat w/o logo is the card in the listing, then what does the red hat w/logo look like?
Ah ok, sorry, was just trying to give any info I found about the error.

Did a little more digging this morning and wow is that one not really described well lol

So it turns out there is one with just a smidge of white showing on the cap and one with enough white that you can pretty confidently say yes that's the Twins logo.

Logo: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

Just a smidge of white: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

If you open both of those URLs up in separate tabs and switch between them a couple times you can see the difference pretty cleanly.

Hope that helps you in your hunt.

(07-09-2013, 10:04 AM)aktlingit Wrote: Ah ok, sorry, was just trying to give any info I found about the error.

Did a little more digging this morning and wow is that one not really described well lol

So it turns out there is one with just a smidge of white showing on the cap and one with enough white that you can pretty confidently say yes that's the Twins logo.

Logo: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

Just a smidge of white: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cf...ll-Jackson

If you open both of those URLs up in separate tabs and switch between them a couple times you can see the difference pretty cleanly.

Hope that helps you in your hunt.
It sure does, thanks for the help. Now I know what I'm lookng for.

I picked up a collection recently and there were two different runs of the 1991 Fleer stickers. One version has the pinkish Top 10 on the back, the others has the dark Top 10 on the back.

One version is the variant version with border crop issues on the stickers as well. Here is a scan of what I am talking about.

Pink "Top Ten" on the back
[Image: image0648_zpsb4c2ea50.jpg]

Red "Top Ten" on the back
[Image: image0608_zps80528c1c.jpg]

As you can tell, there were borders around the team logo stickers that are easily noticeable.

Now here is the fun stuff...piggybacking of the original post I thought I would look to see if there are slight variants between the base sets. One card in and the logo is different on the front of the cards. One has a darker red '91 on the front. But it is easier to determine what the variants are on the back. #1 Troy Afenir has a space between the word hit and the period at the end of the sentence.

This is card #1....I think I might need a case of whisky after this.

i know this an OLD thread , but it popped up when i was looking around for some info on one or two old variations and i noticed the last post was actually a semi-recent one so figured i'd try to post and see what happens....if the message goes through and this thread can either be revived or even better completely RENEWED , i'll try to contribute some more variation info that i didn't see already posted here when i read through it all last week....

from post 116 :

I found these while going through my 91 fleer Greenwell's...Notice how one has the coloring on the career totals and one is white.Anybody have these from 91?Also check the one on the left at the bottom has 3 periods at the end,the one on the right has only 1 period.

i'm sure most of us already know that many cards have the seasonal stats grouped together differently for some cards and some have minor differences in the text as well....the poster notes that the career totals are in a colored line vs a white line...it's actually easier than that...if you look back at his scans , you'll notice the card on the left has a gap below the blue line just above the stat category headings while the one on the right has no gap between the blue line and the stat headings....from my personal experience , i think all individual player cards feature this variation which i simply refer to as gap before stats or no gap before stats....all the cards that fall into the "no gap" category will have the career total stats in a colored band because all the text is simply shifted up by one line.....

from post #283 in reference to the collector's choice stick ums....

Has anybody mentioned the numberless '97 UD Collectors Choice?

all the numbered stick ums (1-30) are the hobby inserts.....the un-numbered stick ums are the retail inserts with a total set size of 28....

from post #334 regarding 1994 upper deck electric diamonds :

Sorting my Albert Belle cards and came across this one: 1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond with and without the TM next to "electric":

check all your 1993 fantasy team subset cards from ....at least so far , i've found ALL my fantasy team subset cards HAVE the TM included ...in fact i have not seen the TM on ANY other card in the set and while sorting a batch tonight , i found NO fantasy team subset cards WITHOUT the TM...when i go back through my partial set i'll be on the lookout for these and will update here with my findings....

from post #366 (and discussed further in posts #367 , #370 , and #381) regarding watermarks on the backs of 1992 donruss....

1992 Donruss with and without the Donruss "watermark" on the rear. Of the thousands of Donruss cards I've looked at, this Thomas is the only one I've seen without the "watermark."

i just started looking for it , but so far from the follow-up comments as well as my own experience , it seems to be a very rare occurrence (though i do have another 5000-count box of 1992 donruss here i can sift through to check for more).....in sorting my player lots for sale , i've only found one other instance of it thus far although it was not a 1992 card.....mine is a 1993 donruss #553 ken griffey jr....i don't know if it's simply a missed step in the printing process as someone suggested or if it a legit variation , but in either case , if they are as rare as they appear to be it may be well worth searching all those 1992 and 1993 donruss (and 1992 leaf) common boxes....i can only imagine the potential sales figures for a few certain players ....

came back to add two more that i didn't have time to mention this morning....

1995 donruss.....not sure if it affects all cards or if this variation is limited but i have a handful of base cards with the regular silver foil highlights on the front whose backs feature the gold "1st 2000 printed" banner that should be found only on the press proofs....

2002 bowman....base cards are standard thickness....the gold parallels are approximately twice as thick.....i opened about a dozen boxes when the product was new and 4-5 more since....i ran into a rather unusual variation on the gold parallels in either one or two boxes.....in the effected box(es) every VETERAN gold card was the standard double thickness , but the facsimile signature was black (like the basis cards) instead of gold....pretty sure these variations were neither intentional or extremely plentiful and so far i've never found one from the blue prospects portion of the set.....

I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner