`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback

2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback
I was wondering if anyone had an idea on the value of a 2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback was? I have one and got it graded a couple years back (BVG 4). Couldn't find a price in the Beckett book and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what it would fetch in auction. Thanks!

RE: 2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback
Not sure I have ever seen one. Was this an original 1952 Topps Willie Mays card that Topps bought back and had Willie sign and then inserted into packs of 2001 Topps Heritage?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Exactly and mine is #'ed 9 of 25. I also had it graded a 4 by Beckett and the autograph was graded a 10. Below is a pic

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Awesome card!!!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

That's an awesome card. With something like that I wouldn't necessarily put it up for auction, unless it's going to a big auction house that can promote it. An auction only lasts for a few days on eBay, which is not really much time to get eyes on the card. If you plan to sell on eBay, you'll be better off listing it as a Buy It Now, with an extremely high asking price and allowing offers. You can always set an auto-decline for offers that are low balling, so you don't get a bunch of $100 offers or something stupid like that. My expectation is that the card would sell for between $3-$5k. I would put an asking price no lower than $10k to start though, as it's such a rare card someone could snag it immediately at that price. I might even consider putting a price much higher than that just to bring some attention to it. Honestly, the people that are going to want it most are not going to get scared away by any asking price. They will just send a message or make an offer.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

That card is a beauty and a really clean signature ... probably one of the nicest I've seen.

I agree with Djohn. Set it ridiculously high and hope for some reasonable offers. That way, you're not forced/obligated to sell, unless they BIN for the ridiculously high price, which might not seem ridiculous in retrospect. Smile Not sure about the eBay listing fees for high priced items, but it may well be worth "the price of admission". Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-17-2017, 10:26 AM)djohn Wrote: That's an awesome card. With something like that I wouldn't necessarily put it up for auction, unless it's going to a big auction house that can promote it. An auction only lasts for a few days on eBay, which is not really much time to get eyes on the card. If you plan to sell on eBay, you'll be better off listing it as a Buy It Now, with an extremely high asking price and allowing offers. You can always set an auto-decline for offers that are low balling, so you don't get a bunch of $100 offers or something stupid like that. My expectation is that the card would sell for between $3-$5k. I would put an asking price no lower than $10k to start though, as it's such a rare card someone could snag it immediately at that price. I might even consider putting a price much higher than that just to bring some attention to it. Honestly, the people that are going to want it most are not going to get scared away by any asking price. They will just send a message or make an offer.
Thanks so much djohn and DrMitchJ for the thoughtful advice. I will be listing it tonight on eBay, keep a look out for it! I'll see what kind of offers start rolling in.

good luck! That is one awesome card!!!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

That is a beauty of a card, man! Congrats and good luck with the sale!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(10-17-2017, 02:43 PM)buddy32389 Wrote: Thanks so much djohn and DrMitchJ for the thoughtful advice. I will be listing it tonight on eBay, keep a look out for it! I'll see what kind of offers start rolling in.
I'll definitely be interested to see it once it's listed and see how much interest it gets. Best of luck with the sale.