`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUST SEE JV!!!

MUST SEE JV!!!
Don't know how many of you watched the Astros/Yankees game last night but Justin Verlander was lights out. Brought back memories of him pitching in the playoffs for the Tigers! I hated to see him get traded from my Tigers as he has always been one of my favorite players. But I am hoping he can get his world series ring with the Astros. Something he wasn't able to accomplish in Detroit. He was injured a couple years ago and that derailed him a bit. So glad to see him back on top. Now everyone is able to see and enjoy what I was fortunate enough to watch for the past 13 years here in Detroit.

Go JV and Go ASTROS!!

RE: MUST SEE JV!!!
Yes, very exciting and nice to see him doing so well with the Astros. I read last week that there were currently 19 players during the playoffs that were former Tigers.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Great game by him. Hopefully them letting him go 120+ pitches won't ruin him for the rest of the playoffs (or possibly even the rest of his career). I've seen it happen before.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(10-15-2017, 07:30 PM)cweiland Wrote: Yes, very exciting and nice to see him doing so well with the Astros. I read last week that there were currently 19 players during the playoffs that were former Tigers.
Ya unfortunately true. Should start a discussion of who would have been better, 2010s Tigers who let players go vs 1990s Expos who let players go.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(10-15-2017, 07:30 PM)cweiland Wrote: Yes, very exciting and nice to see him doing so well with the Astros. I read last week that there were currently 19 players during the playoffs that were former Tigers.
Wow! I knew there were a few but I didn't realize there were that many.
(10-15-2017, 07:41 PM)hempick Wrote: Great game by him. Hopefully them letting him go 120+ pitches won't ruin him for the rest of the playoffs (or possibly even the rest of his career). I've seen it happen before.
Fortunately for him he is used to it. It was nothing to see him throw 115-120 pitches in a game with the Tigs.
(10-15-2017, 09:35 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Ya unfortunately true. Should start a discussion of who would have been better, 2010s Tigers who let players go vs 1990s Expos who let players go.
No kidding!

(10-15-2017, 06:22 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Don't know how many of you watched the Astros/Yankees game last night but Justin Verlander was lights out. Brought back memories of him pitching in the playoffs for the Tigers! I hated to see him get traded from my Tigers as he has always been one of my favorite players. But I am hoping he can get his world series ring with the Astros. Something he wasn't able to accomplish in Detroit. He was injured a couple years ago and that derailed him a bit. So glad to see him back on top. Now everyone is able to see and enjoy what I was fortunate enough to watch for the past 13 years here in Detroit.

Go JV and Go ASTROS!!
Hear Hear!!!
Also, I've learned in the last 12 months that half of us here must be Tigers fans. I blame the long winters lol

(10-16-2017, 09:38 PM)wpro11 Wrote: Hear Hear!!!
Also, I've learned in the last 12 months that half of us here must be Tigers fans. I blame the long winters lol
Yeah I have noticed that as well.Smile