`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MULTIPLE CARDS SHIPPED In SINGLE PENNY SLEEVES.........

RE: MULTIPLE CARDS SHIPPED In SINGLE PENNY SLEEVES.........
(10-02-2017, 07:27 AM)zeprock Wrote: I have no problem receiving two cards in a penny sleeve. I have sent trades out that way myself. Not because I'm lazy or do not care but because I don't have a lot of penny sleeves and no LCS to purchase more. WalMart and Target do not supply them in my area and I do not purchase anything online other than my Beckett subscription. I do not have Paypal. All the penny sleeves I have I have received in trades. If I'm running low then I think the other trader would be happier receiving two cards in a penny sleeve as opposed to not having their cards penny sleeved at all. I would not put more than two cards in a penny sleeve and when I do put two in, I make sure they slide in safely. Grant it these are only cards valued at less than $5. If they are valued higher than that then I usually put them in a penny sleeve and toploader. Mostly I am mailing out hundreds of commons and low value cards. I wrap them tightly in a team bag, put them in a used bubble mailer and then in a second mailer. I think I take great care in my packaging and would be happy if all my trades came in the way I send mine out. Not all of us have the resources or funds to spend so much on shipping materials when postage alone uses up the majority of our "card fund". I have close to 500 trades here and more than 2500 through my website and have never had a complaint. If someone asked me in advance to ship one card per penny sleeve then I would accommodate and I would never cram multiple cards into a toploader without penny sleeving them. You can check my feedback and many traders praise me for great packaging so I had no indication that my shipping process was an issue. I apologize if that offends anyone because that is certainly not my intention.
I have over 400 trades putting two cards per sleeve and haven't had negative feedback or any messages about the method I used to send my cards.
Seattle Mariners super collector
I also collect some Braves players

Top wants
1 Kyle Seager            571 different cards
2 Ken Griffey, Jr.        1,202 different cards
3 Felix Hernandez      772 different cards
4 Hank Aaron            388 different cards
5 Edgar Martinez       540 different cards

Almost every trade or sale I make goes out in toploaders or sometimes 2 cards, seperately sleeved, will go into 1 toploade if fits. Only time I send in just penny sleeves is when I am sending base cards & those are protected with cardboards on both sides in a team bag. I can only wish that my trade partners send my cards in toploaders as well although if received in perfect condition or with no problems.

P.S. Your cards are all in toploaders.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

It appears that even though there are many different opinions on what is acceptable for shipping, it is obvious that the focus is to provide other traders with packaged cards in the exact same condition as before they are shipped. I don't like it when I get cards with bent corners (only happened twice in over 350 trades) and I hope it doesn't happen to me with cards I ship (happened once). Either way, both sides agreed to make it right.

So, kudos to everyone on this site to keep trading at a high level of quality and many satisfied collectors!

On a side note, please...everyone...throw away your scotch tape unless you can stop putting it directly on toploaders...LOL.

(10-02-2017, 07:27 AM)zeprock Wrote: I have no problem receiving two cards in a penny sleeve. I have sent trades out that way myself. Not because I'm lazy or do not care but because I don't have a lot of penny sleeves and no LCS to purchase more. WalMart and Target do not supply them in my area and I do not purchase anything online other than my Beckett subscription. I do not have Paypal. All the penny sleeves I have I have received in trades. If I'm running low then I think the other trader would be happier receiving two cards in a penny sleeve as opposed to not having their cards penny sleeved at all. I would not put more than two cards in a penny sleeve and when I do put two in, I make sure they slide in safely. Grant it these are only cards valued at less than $5. If they are valued higher than that then I usually put them in a penny sleeve and toploader. Mostly I am mailing out hundreds of commons and low value cards. I wrap them tightly in a team bag, put them in a used bubble mailer and then in a second mailer. I think I take great care in my packaging and would be happy if all my trades came in the way I send mine out. Not all of us have the resources or funds to spend so much on shipping materials when postage alone uses up the majority of our "card fund". I have close to 500 trades here and more than 2500 through my website and have never had a complaint. If someone asked me in advance to ship one card per penny sleeve then I would accommodate and I would never cram multiple cards into a toploader without penny sleeving them. You can check my feedback and many traders praise me for great packaging so I had no indication that my shipping process was an issue. I apologize if that offends anyone because that is certainly not my intention.
We agree to disagreeSmile

I would prefer if a trader cannot use a single penny sleeve per card that they communicate that to me up front, in which case I would politely decline the trade.

And if it comes across to some that I am being a snob that is not my intent. I value my collection dearly, as i think most of us do, and make every effort to obtain cards that are in the best possible condition. And in my personal opinion putting one card per penny sleeve helps make that possible.

(10-02-2017, 08:35 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: Almost every trade or sale I make goes out in toploaders or sometimes 2 cards, seperately sleeved, will go into 1 toploade if fits. Only time I send in just penny sleeves is when I am sending base cards & those are protected with cardboards on both sides in a team bag. I can only wish that my trade partners send my cards in toploaders as well although if received in perfect condition or with no problems.

P.S. Your cards are all in toploaders.
I have no issue with multiple cards in a single top loader, provided the top loader is adequately sized and the cards are each in their own penny sleeve and not crammed in there.

I appreciate you putting all cards in top loaders. Not necessary but I do appreciate the effortSmile

(10-02-2017, 09:39 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: I have no issue with multiple cards in a single top loader, provided the top loader is adequately sized and the cards are each in their own penny sleeve and not crammed in there.

I appreciate you putting all cards in top loaders. Not necessary but I do appreciate the effortSmile
No problem, most of them are already in toploaders. I do what I can to keep my feedbacks on the positive side of life lol.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(10-03-2017, 10:02 AM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I do what I can to keep my feedbacks on the positive side of life lol.
Same hereSmile

I will put 2 or sometimes even 3 or 4 cards in a single sleeve if they are lo end commons. And I seem to do quite a few of those kind of trades lately. Now I don't cram them in, but there some sleeves that are wider than others that will fit that many cards. I also use recycled sleeves, including those with writing on them or price tags. I then put a stack of cards, open end first, into a team bag and sandwich them between 2 used top loaders held together with blue painters tape. And I fold one end of the tape over so the person on the other end can remove easily. Then into a bubble mailer, also used. Scotch tape does indeed suck. Saving 1 or 2 cents by putting more than one per sleeve has never entered my mind. In fact, the argument could be made that having several cards in one sleeve makes that sleeve more stable. To me, we're not trading supplies, we're trading cards. Having the cards arrive safely on each end is the main goal. IMHO
Collecting Nolan Ryan (any uniform), Texas Rangers, Cowboys HOF'ers

So mail comes today and I get 2 packages from trades made here on beckett. First package I open sure enough had cards doubled up in a single penny sleeve. The topper was when I opened the second package only to find not one but TWO cards shoved into a SINGLE 35PT toploader WITHOUT penny sleeves!!! Naturally when I was able to get the cards removed from the toplaoder I see one of the cards has damage from being shoved into the holder. Thankfully neither trade involved high dollar cards. Maybe thats the problem. If it isn't a high dollar trade maybe some people think it's ok to be less careful packaging cards to ship? If that's true it should not be the case. I always try to take great care in handling and packaging cards I send out no matter the dollar value involved. I wish everyone here would do the same.

All I can do is shake my head. I cannot believe this is something that has to be continually dealt with by me and other traders on here.

I like to send out and receive nice looking cards. Is that too much to ask??

Needless to say, my list of blocked traders is growing rapidly.

(10-23-2017, 01:45 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: So mail comes today and I get 2 packages from trades made here on beckett. First package I open sure enough had cards doubled up in a single penny sleeve. The topper was when I opened the second package only to find not one but TWO cards shoved into a SINGLE 35PT toploader WITHOUT penny sleeves!!! Naturally when I was able to get the cards removed from the toplaoder I see one of the cards has damage from being shoved into the holder. Thankfully neither trade involved high dollar cards. Maybe thats the problem. If it isn't a high dollar trade maybe some people think it's ok to be less careful packaging cards to ship? If that's true it should not be the case. I always try to take great care in handling and packaging cards I send out no matter the dollar value involved. I wish everyone here would do the same.

All I can do is shake my head. I cannot believe this is something that has to be continually dealt with by me and other traders on here.

I like to send out and receive nice looking cards. Is that too much to ask??

Needless to say, my list of blocked traders is growing rapidly.
Not ideal, but maybe you need to stipulate up front before a trade is accepted that you will only accept proper shipping tactics. I have seen a couple traders with notes added to their profile about trading/shipping/PM, etc.
I don't think it is lack of concern...I think people put way too much on their daily plate and lack ambition to spend the little extra time doing it right, or at least I hope it is not lack of concern for other collectors.

(10-23-2017, 02:04 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Not ideal, but maybe you need to stipulate up front before a trade is accepted that you will only accept proper shipping tactics. I have seen a couple traders with notes added to their profile about trading/shipping/PM, etc.
I don't think it is lack of concern...I think people put way too much on their daily plate and lack ambition to spend the little extra time doing it right, or at least I hope it is not lack of concern for other collectors.
Yeah I did so earlier today. We'll see if it helps.