Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subs For Topps Redemptions ??

Subs For Topps Redemptions ??
Anyone have any luck with these.

Have a 2017 Inception Judge Auto that now says request sub.

Can't understand why you have to wait 4 months for a new issue and then they want to give you something else.

RE: Subs For Topps Redemptions ??
(09-18-2017, 11:35 AM)duck6700j Wrote: Anyone have any luck with these.

Have a 2017 Inception Judge Auto that now says request sub.

Can't understand why you have to wait 4 months for a new issue and then they want to give you something else.
I would ask for a different Judge auto. So they're already telling you he won't fulfill it?

I would call to get everything clarified, that is a big auto to just randomly get something else.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-18-2017, 11:56 AM)djohn Wrote: I would call to get everything clarified, that is a big auto to just randomly get something else.
Especially in a 2017/current release product. Give me a break.

(09-18-2017, 11:57 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Especially in a 2017/current release product. Give me a break.
Particularly when Judge has signed a bunch of stuff for Topps, including some Topps Now cards this year.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-18-2017, 12:29 PM)djohn Wrote: Particularly when Judge has signed a bunch of stuff for Topps, including some Topps Now cards this year.
That's what I'm saying ... a bit early for the player and the company to say they're done for the year, right?

Maybe we are misunderstanding and the replacement request is just an option, not a recommendation or an order from Topps.

I think at this point it is just an option.

Sent the request about 4 mos back and when I went to check on it today that button was there.

Haven't had that happen before so wanted to see if anyone knew anything.
Have 4 more redemptions open including a Judge A and G Black Border mini so was a little concerned that they were offering replacements for 2017 product already.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

(09-18-2017, 02:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That's what I'm saying ... a bit early for the player and the company to say they're done for the year, right?

Maybe we are misunderstanding and the replacement request is just an option, not a recommendation or an order from Topps.

I would say and this is me guessing but I bet that there is a dispute over compensation. Topps was more than likely getting judge at a bottom of the barrel price but since his popularity has skyrocket so too has his asking price for ink. So, I would say we are going to see alot less judge autos in the future maybe even less than Ichiro or Jeter. But that is just my guess, take it with a grain of salt. But I would hold out for the card I want, especial the Ginter Black since you are doing that set. But again that is my ten cents. Good luck!!!

Hi CoreyTonguelan on waiting a bit and see what happens before we contact them.

Don't really see any reason for them not to have these cards.New releases and feel like if you put the redemptions in packs you should have the cards to honor them.

(09-19-2017, 09:45 AM)once78 Wrote: I would say and this is me guessing but I bet that there is a dispute over compensation. Topps was more than likely getting judge at a bottom of the barrel price but since his popularity has skyrocket so too has his asking price for ink. So, I would say we are going to see alot less judge autos in the future maybe even less than Ichiro or Jeter. But that is just my guess, take it with a grain of salt. But I would hold out for the card I want, especial the Ginter Black since you are doing that set. But again that is my ten cents. Good luck!!!

(09-20-2017, 07:18 AM)duck6700j Wrote: Hi CoreyTonguelan on waiting a bit and see what happens before we contact them.

Don't really see any reason for them not to have these cards.New releases and feel like if you put the redemptions in packs you should have the cards to honor them.
Always seemed like a bate and switch to me. Again good luck.