`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2017 Donruss hanger and 2 loose packs

2017 Donruss hanger and 2 loose packs
Stopped by Target and picked up some Donruss. It was way more satisfying busting open this than Prestige. Here's the goods:

Base: 46/400, no dupes
Base Retired Veterans: Walter Payton (pc), Eddie George, Ed Reed, Jim Zorn
Base Rated Rookies: Joe Williams, Donnel Pumphrey, Josh Malone
Base Rookies: Jonathan Allen, Zach Cunningham, Chris Wormley

Rookie Phenom Memorabilia: Zay Jones (from pack)

Press Proof Green: Kareem Hunt Rated Rookie, Terrell Suggs, Muhammad Wilkerson
Up Tempo: Emmanuel Sanders
Salute To Service: Derrick Johnson
Legends of the Fall: Terrell Davis
1981: Philip Rivers
Gridiron Kings: Carson Wentz
All-Time Gridiron Kings: John Stallworth
The Rookies: Zay Jones
Team Heroes: Ben Roethlisberger
The Elite Series: Todd Gurley
The Legends Series: Jerry Rice

I let my org lapse again but I'll probably re-up after my birthday, otherwise everything not PC'ed will be for trade.

RE: 2017 Donruss hanger and 2 loose packs
Personally, this year's Donruss I would stick to hobby with. The retail packs and blasters aren't bad for set building but I have bought 2 blasters and several jumbo retail packs and haven't gotten a single numbered parallel or insert. Both the "guaranteed" hits in the blasters were single-color, non-numbered swatch cards.
In comparison, I opened a hobby box which had 10+ numbered parallels/inserts, 2 hits (Curtis Samuel AU/49 and Ingram/Kamara double patch/49) and still at least 24 rookies. Maybe it's just me but I find it a common theme of retail packs seriously lacking in numbered cards.

nice Derrick Johnson
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-03-2017, 05:31 AM)semperbm1463 Wrote: Personally, this year's Donruss I would stick to hobby with. The retail packs and blasters aren't bad for set building but I have bought 2 blasters and several jumbo retail packs and haven't gotten a single numbered parallel or insert. Both the "guaranteed" hits in the blasters were single-color, non-numbered swatch cards.
In comparison, I opened a hobby box which had 10+ numbered parallels/inserts, 2 hits (Curtis Samuel AU/49 and Ingram/Kamara double patch/49) and still at least 24 rookies. Maybe it's just me but I find it a common theme of retail packs seriously lacking in numbered cards.
I just made a fairly long thread called Come Back! detailing my just getting back into collecting and really not knowing all the new series and learning how much the industry has changed the Donruss felt like the natural go to being that it was familiar. I like the aesthetics of the cards but with $500+ in with 2 hobby boxes and many single backs, blaster boxes, hangers etc. I have only gotten 2 numbered cards both Boomer if you can believe that. Some basic inserts like Gridiron and Rookie threads the best being Trubisky Rookie Phenom Thread not numbered. Zero auto's from 2 hobby boxes.

If after today I do not have the entire base set completed I would be surprised because I counted around 60 some cards I was missing. So my dollar to hits is very poor. I deff. need to do some more diligence as things have surely changed since the mid 2000's.

One told me with the hobby boxes and not getting any auto's and only 1 numbered card that I should write Panini but not sure what they would do if anything.

Sure looks like you have done much better than I with half the investment. I will try and post up all the inserts in correlation to the type of boxes and packs I bought. The best bang for my buch I have found to be the 50 card jumbo packs and by far the Walmart exclusive hanger boxes.

Seems to be quite the gamble these days and I know some will always be luckier than others but I certainly expected more from the dollars put in.

It may be time to look for a different series anyone have any suggestions?

Best of luck to you all

You should write Panini. They usually make good on missing hits. I think you do have to have the empty packs, boxes and receipts though.
I collect all current Dolphins, Bob Griese/Brian Griese,Marino, Howie/Kyle/Chris Long, AP, some Vikings, some Raiders. My wife collects Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kilosportscards/albums
http://loreskovic.wix.com/kilo-sport-cards (lists in Excel)