Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help...patchy problem
Smile 
Help...patchy problem
So I'm looking at picking up this card...but something seems off....
[Image: 68A715A3-26FA-47FC-AF31-FD22EBDE3426_zpsvujaxz3x.png]

Do you see it yet?

[Image: E240FE7D-2C3A-43D9-A910-F163D625D73F_zpshuy2hpys.png]

Where is there ANY black on this jersey?!

Am I being paranoid? Did someone swap out patches? Opinions please!

Thanks so much!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: Help...patchy problem
COULD IT BE ONE OF THE NON-AUTHENTC FAUX PAS CARDS THAT CIRCULATED IN THE 2000'S. READ AN ARTICLE OR FORUM ONCE THAT SAID ALOT OF "AUTHENTIC" PATCH CARDS WERE NOT TRUE.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

That IS odd...no idea.

I own a Rob Johnson jersey card with (I think) a Brad Johnson jersey swatch... mixups do happen. The swatch doesn't look unique enough to have been an aftermarket fake, and, to be honest, I'm fairly sure the black/green 80s game jerseys were screenprinted, not stitched like this swatch... maybe an event-worn Rookie Premiere Mitchell & Ness jersey that accidentally got switched in? Really strange... definitely not a Namath gamer swatch, though.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

Jets had black piping around the numbers in the 90s. That swatch is definitely too modern looking to be Namaths.

[Image: RriW96F.jpg]
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

Agreed, Jets starting wearing uniforms with black lining the numbers in 1990, Sportslogos.net and Namath's career spanned 1965-76 in New York. Even the back of the card shows a picture of the actual jersey and there's no black (something I wish manufacturers would get back to by the way).

I'd argue it's more likely someone swapped out the patch rather than Donruss getting the wrong piece in. It's a shame since it was billed as game worn and not event worn. Worth more in the long run to me even if the patch isn't as interesting.

I'd stay far away from that - when the *best* case scenario is that the manufacturer made a mistake and put in the wrong jersey, just say no.

Y'all should go see what it sold for lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75