`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New renter paid with Paypal...

New renter paid with Paypal...
and I immediately went on a e-shopping spree! I got another Original Boombox, 1996 Clear Assets, 1996 Gilt Edge box and a 2008 Upper Deck Icons box

Original Boombox is offering a Build your own option where you choose the packs you want in the box. You start at $6 and it goes up as you add packs. The packs have a price ranging from $2.50 for 2015 Contender Draft Picks to 7.50 for 2016 Phoenix.

I choose 2 2015 Gridiron Kings cuz im still trying to finish the set. I got a rookie and 2 red framed that I needed the rest of the base was dups. And I landed a Paul Dawson Heir Apparent Auto insert 32/49
2015 Topps Chrome - got a Cam Newton Pink Parallel /399
2015 Topps Platinum - got a Cameron Artis-Payne Auto RC
2015 Topps Valor - this pack had 2 cards in it Lamar Miller Speed & Karlos Williams RPA 4 color patch Sticker Auto 315/800
2016 Donruss Optic - Peyton Manning The Sheriff insert
2016 Phoenix - Andrew Whitworth Streaking Success insert /399

3 hits -- my luck is holding with these

1996 Gilt Edge

This was from the Golden Era of the hobby where you had 6-8 companies with 10-12 products a year all trying to out do the other with new ideas and concepts. The selling point of this product was the edge of the card had gold leaf stamping like you see on some fancy book sets. The insert set was one card per pack had platinum(Yeah, right) on the edge. It had cool Samoan/Hawaiian artwork on the card and there was only 90 cards to the set. I have about 90% of the set complete and I still have 2 unopened packs.

1996 Clear Assets

This is a multi-sport Acetate set

I was able to complete the whole set save for the last card in the set Kyle Petty.

The insert sets are actual phone cards; $2(30), $5(15) , $10(5) and $1000 (set of 5 1of1's) I got 15 of the $2, 2 of the $5(Barry Bonds & Dikembe Mutumbo( and a $10 Keyshawn Johnson. They are all expired but its kind of neat idea.
I also got another insert A Cut Above Scottie Pippen there was only one of these inserts in the box. When I went to look it up in the guide I found it under Other Sports sports because the name was TBD. I sent an e-mail to Beckett so they could update their database and maybe give me a clue about the scarcity of the card.

2008 Upper Deck Icons

This is my second box of this and it went a long way toward getting the set complete. It is also chock full of inserts and hits. Here are the notables

NFL Icons Blue Marc Bulger /250
Legendary Icons Dick Butkus /799
NFL Chronology Blue Marvin Harrison /299
NFL Chronology Gold Joe Montana /99
NFL Legends Die-Cut Barry Sanders /150
NFL Legends Bronze Daryl Johnston /999 ( I have found that Daryl Johnston cards don't remain in my collection very long)
Base Die-Cut T. J. Houshmandzadeh /150
Class of 2008 Blue Malcolm Kelly /250
Rookie Brilliance Malcolm Kelly Auto /165
Future Foundations Game-used JSY Brady Quinn /199
Immortal Letterman Otto Graham "W" /80 spells BROWNS
NFL Icons Game-used JSY Tom Brady 12/150 matches his jersey number E-bay 1of1 baby! lol

I also got the same as the last box; an expired redemption for Immortal Presidential Letterman. I'll throw that in the Upper Deck expired redemption lottery and see if I get anything.

Overall did pretty well. Still want to buy a couple of boxes of 2017 Donruss and at least one of the 2017 Unparalleled so if he keep fattening up my Paypal account those will be next

I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

RE: New renter paid with Paypal...
I remember ordering a box of the 1996 Clear Assets from those guys on the shopping network back then. Got a crap load of phone cards. Even came with the $100 Cal Ripken phone card.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: New renter paid with Paypal...
Nice Brady
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK