Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Free Cards - Really

Free Cards - Really
Hey Everyone,

I need to start cleaning up my collection - I'm starting small - but it's progress...
Anyway, a few months back I dropped a huge box of cards off at Goodwill - but then I had wished I had taken an approach to put the cards into the hands of other collectors that I interact with, so I thought I'd try posting the cards for free.

1) Review my list of free cards here - might not be anything great. These are cards that just don't fit my collection - I will continually add to this list as I continue to clean - so check back often. I will add the date I add the card so you can sort on most recent date if you'd like.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

2) Send a message to me listing up to 10 cards you would like

2) I will reply with my physical address and mark the cards as "CLAIMED" on the spreadsheet

3) You send me an SASE

4) I will fill the SASE with the cards you requested and move them to the "SHIPPED" tab on the sheet

*if you want to add a card or 2 to the SASE, that's fine.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
-Mike
-------------------------------------------------------------
Check Out My Cards

RE: Free Cards - Really
very cool of you!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(08-25-2017, 10:58 AM)flamethrower Wrote: very cool of you!
Thanks - it may be that nobody takes me up on this. And that's fine too... I'll just box them and bring them to Goodwill again if that's the case.
Check Out My Cards

This is awesome!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Updated - more than 600 cards listed (adding more every day)
Check Out My Cards

Up to 725+ cards listed - check it out!
Check Out My Cards

I was going to send over 2,500 cards separated into team bags to a nonprofit until I found out how much it costs to mail...too bad there is not an easier way to give away stuff of value.

Nice thing you are trying to do. I have never interacted in trades with you so I have not responded.

(08-30-2017, 05:17 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I was going to send over 2,500 cards separated into team bags to a nonprofit until I found out how much it costs to mail...too bad there is not an easier way to give away stuff of value.

Nice thing you are trying to do. I have never interacted in trades with you so I have not responded.
Thanks - a few years ago I boxed up a few thousand cards (including unopened packs) and brought them over to the local Children's Hospital.

Flash forward a few years, and a friend of mine who works there told me those cards are all still sitting in a box in a storage closet - never given to the kids... so no point in donating there anymore.
Check Out My Cards

(08-31-2017, 08:17 AM)madhatter74 Wrote: Thanks - a few years ago I boxed up a few thousand cards (including unopened packs) and brought them over to the local Children's Hospital.

Flash forward a few years, and a friend of mine who works there told me those cards are all still sitting in a box in a storage closet - never given to the kids... so no point in donating there anymore.
Wow, that is a shame! The Ronald McDonald House in town also told me that I cannot donate cards as there is a germ protocol so everything gets washed or scrubbed before the kids can touch it.

(08-31-2017, 08:23 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Wow, that is a shame! The Ronald McDonald House in town also told me that I cannot donate cards as there is a germ protocol so everything gets washed or scrubbed before the kids can touch it.
I hadn't thought about that aspect of it before - but that makes sense.
Check Out My Cards