`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to Wal-mart...

Went to Wal-mart...
So went to Wal-mart today and they had 4 packs of 2017 Topps Chrome. I checked the price and they $2.48 so I purchased them. Sat down in my car and pulled out the packs to open and noticed they were already open. Someone had opened them in the store and placed them back on the shelf. Went in and got my money back but that just makes steam run through my ears. I know this happens but it has never happened to me...we living in a small community so a bit shocked to say the least.

RE: Went to Wal-mart...
Yeah. Cheaters are the worst in anything...especially something that is supposed to be fun.

I cannot stress this enough, when it comes to buying retail packs or boxes, always always always carefully check them before buying. It amazes me what some people do, but I have seen open packs, open boxes, and of course the worst: resealed boxes. The upside is that your Walmart allowed you to return them, as a lot of them have no return policies when it comes to cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Pack searchers, replacement cards etc are the bane of the retail world. Target and Wal Mart do not control the card inventory, the vendors do, so they really do not are much.
Luckily, the store returned your $$.

I never buy individual packs....blaster boxes only and I check for reseal etc...so far I have had good luck, but there are stories out there of very good resealed boxes..

Thanks goodness the Blowout retail store is a few miles away!! Them I trust..

(08-25-2017, 07:09 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Thanks goodness the Blowout retail store is a few miles away!! Them I trust..
Yikes, if the Blowout retail store were just miles away I'd probably be broke! It's bad enough that there are Target, etc. in the area. Those $20 blasters don't seem like that much money. Unfortunately they lead to a pile of cards that I don't want and have to try and sell/trade. I do know who my first stop is for all extra Giants cards.

Thanks goodness the Blowout retail store is a few miles away!! Them I trust..

Man I get way you have so much stuff if you are so close to blowout. I would have alot more too and would be homeless making my home out of base topps cards.