`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best places online to buy hobby boxes.

RE: Best places online to buy hobby boxes.
ZSDOne Wrote:Unfortunately, it seems like 2019 was the last good year to buy cards (and probably really 2017, because Mahomes was just another prospect in 2017)  although  the prices for  hobby boxes seem destined for a Mighty Fall once people realize that you don't pay over MVP/Super Bowl winner/Hall of Famer prices for rookie QBs and even at $100, most hobby boxes are losers.

Really, the best thing to do now is just buy cheap single cards of what you like - get those smaller P.C. items - the defensive players, the draft busts, fill in some items from older sets - vintage is still relatively cheap - you can get vintage cards of H.O.F. players for much less than a rookie wide out now - and in five years, the vintage card of the H.O.F. player isn't going to lose value. While that hot rookie wide out's card might be clos to worthless - I just got a Martavis Bryant auto card for $3 for my Clemson collection.
Amen to this! I've been focusing on older stuff and sets where it's mostly game worn stuff. Most of what I collect won't have much to any value in later years, so I try to "budget" collect and wait for good deals. This bubble is going to pop at some point and people are going to take huge losses.

savagenate Wrote:Amen to this! I've been focusing on older stuff and sets where it's mostly game worn stuff. Most of what I collect won't have much to any value in later years, so I try to "budget" collect and wait for good deals. This bubble is going to pop at some point and people are going to take huge losses.
And I will be laughing hysterically, because they all deserve it.

rjcj2017 Wrote:And I will be laughing hysterically, because they all deserve it.
Yeah, it'll be hard to feel bad lol

savagenate Wrote:Yeah, it'll be hard to feel bad lol
Maybe even pointing when I laugh.