`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017-18 MVP Glossy Cards

2017-18 MVP Glossy Cards
Im not sure if its me but as i was going threw all the cards that i opened and noticed that some cards are glossy and majority of them have a dull look. Did Upper Deck use 2 different kinds of stock paper. Was this done intentional or was this some kind of printer paper error. I found a total of 11 cards in 2 box breaks. Can anyone please confirm if they have found any in their break, thanks.

RE: 2017-18 MVP Glossy Cards
All of mine have what I'd consider a glossy finish, light really glares off of them when held at an angle. As a bonus, after 3-4 days of sitting in a stack on my desk, they seem to be sticking together a bit, I suspect that after a year or so, they'll form a nice solid brick.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(08-14-2017, 11:07 AM)mswatson Wrote: All of mine have what I'd consider a glossy finish, light really glares off of them when held at an angle. As a bonus, after 3-4 days of sitting in a stack on my desk, they seem to be sticking together a bit, I suspect that after a year or so, they'll form a nice solid brick.
Lol, i assume then that they used 2 different stocks of paper. I only got 11 in 2 boxes.

I'll keep a look out also. If you are interested in the glossy finish, I have a lot of dups already, I've opened 4 boxes and will do more - I'd trade glossy for dull (though I should maybe send you one first to be sure that what I have is what you're calling glossy).
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(08-14-2017, 12:25 PM)mswatson Wrote: I'll keep a look out also. If you are interested in the glossy finish, I have a lot of dups already, I've opened 4 boxes and will do more - I'd trade glossy for dull (though I should maybe send you one first to be sure that what I have is what you're calling glossy).
Not interested in having them, just seemed kind of odd that they would be glossy and dull one mixed. I was hoping that there would be some info from Upper Deck as to why they are printed in 2 different types. Its not that hard to tell them apart really.

I opened three boxes today and did notice that some were glossier than others but in all my boxes the glossy ones were only the sp's 201-250.

So is anyone seeing different???

I sent Upper Deck an email about this and they answered back wanting a photo of the card so i sent them one as best as i can to show the difference. Now waiting for their response. Will update.

(08-21-2017, 05:14 PM)Simpleton Wrote: I sent Upper Deck an email about this and they answered back wanting a photo of the card so i sent them one as best as i can to show the difference. Now waiting for their response. Will update.
Still think you are only looking at the glossy being high number sp's

(08-23-2017, 09:51 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: Still think you are only looking at the glossy being high number sp's
If that is the case then why isnt it part of the checklist.

(08-23-2017, 01:06 PM)Simpleton Wrote: If that is the case then why isnt it part of the checklist.
The question I was asking of those who have noticed some cards being glossier is this: Are all the ones you are seeing as glossier base sp cards-- cards 201-250. and are all the ones you have as base sp's -- cards 201-250 glossier.

I opened 3 boxes and got 18 cards--3 per box-- that were noticebly glossier than the others in the box. And these 18 cards were the 18 sp that I got out of my three boxes.

ALL the base sp's I got were glossier. Do you have glossy and non glossy versions of the same card?

Seems to me they just printed them on a glossier stock. would not be the first time UD did something like that.