IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 80s/90s box do you recommend?

RE: Which 80s/90s box do you recommend?
1989 Upper Deck would get my vote.

I've enjoyed seeing all the responses. I've always thought it might be fun to collect a run of 80s sets (including updates/traded) for a specific brand. Sometimes I like the idea of something like that more than doing it. I'm leaning towards Fleer. As a kid in the late 80s, Topps and Donruss seemed to be everywhere. Even though I know they were produced in the millions, Fleer always seemed to be relatively harder to find. Maybe it was because of the hype of the Ripken error. If I go that route, I might start with '87 Fleer.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(08-09-2017, 02:04 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: If you are tripping on the gold bars just laying around your house, I would go for 1993 Finest. But in case you don't, the idea of 1990 Leaf is a good one. And like others said any of those from 89 or 93. You could always go off the beaten path and check out 1996 Fleer Metal. One of my favorite products. May not be valuable, but interesting insert sets and the card designs are off the wall and fun.
I like the idea of '93 Finest because of the players and the first refractors. That would be a fun box to open. But I do need to be tripping over some gold bars. Maybe I could buy a pack.

Along the lines of early sets with refractors, I also like '95 Bowman's Best. But the retail boxes are still a little steap for me at about $7.50 a pack.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.