`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993 UD limited edition NBA all-stars and collector series

1993 UD limited edition NBA all-stars and collector series
Saw these on eBay but haven't found listed on Beckett. Anyone know the story behind them, how were they obtained back in the day? They appear to be jumbo cards, so not in packs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1993 UD limited edition NBA all-stars and collector series
Upper Deck used to create things like these all the time. They came in nice boxes and everything was serial numbered. I even have a 8 X 11 of Karl Malone from the 92-93 set I think. I don't know how you could originally get them, but they are not that hard to come by these days.

RE: 1993 UD limited edition NBA all-stars and collector series
Upper Deck made a bunch of 5x7 and 8x10 "cards" back in the early to mid 90s. These cards were distributed/sold through various manners, including: HSN, SkyMall, UDA catalog and website, at events (like the All-Star games, etc). I have never seen a full listing of all of the different ones made, but they made a ton. A lot of them were serial numbered, as collectors loved anything that was a limited edition with a listed print run (even if the print run was 10,000). Keep in mind that during the early 90s, the first hot inserts were 1991 Donruss Elite baseball cards, and they were serial numbered to 10,000 and nearly impossible to find. So when a company created cards limited to 10k or less, people would buy them up.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/