`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back After A Long Hiatus With a "Wild" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum Mailday

Back After A Long Hiatus With a "Wild" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum Mailday
The most common question I've been asked in the last three months has been "are you still doing the museum?" Well, the answer is most definitely yes. I recently bought a new house and as a result, I had to hold back from buying the many exciting pieces I could have added to the museum in that time. However, now that I am settled into my new home and have my office up and running again, it was the right time to add two new pieces to the museum. The first addition will be posted today and the second tomorrow since suspense was and will continue to be one of my museum's trademarks (well, that and my old laminate floor in the photo with all of my memorabilia...we'll just have to get used to the new one now). Anyways, three months out, rust and all, don't forget to "LIKE" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook to show your continued support which I have not forgotten from all of you in these last three months. Anyways, enough about me, onto the newest addition to the museum!

Born on May 5, 1990 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Darcy Kuemper was an extreme standout prospect for the Red Rebels of the WHL before being drafte 161st overall by the Minnesota Wild in the 2009 NHL Draft. After an unreal final season with Red Deer in 2010-11, he sought to prove himself with the "big boys" doing stints with the ECHL and AHL in both 2011-12 and 2012-13, showing very solid numbers in both leagues in both years. Then, as you know by now, it happened. On February 12, 2013, Kuemper was given the start in goal. Facing down Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks on the other end of the ice, the game was a close one, but Kuemper and the Wild eventually fell 2-1. Kuemper got into six games in his debut season and appeared in a further two playoff games that year. By 2013-14, his NHL load increased to 26 games, then up to 31 games, and 21 games as full-time back up in 2014-15 and 2015-16 respectively. In 2016-17, his game count dropped to 18 games as backup to Devan Dubnyk. He also posted career lows in GAA and save percentage which eventually resulted in him being let go by the Wild via free agency to the Los Angeles Kings for 2017-18.

As his career is most definitely ongoing, career numbers will not be posted for Mr. Kuemper as he has the potential for many more seasons yet!

The piece you are looking at right now is a 2016-17 Road Set 3 worn by Darcy Kuemper in up to four road games, including his final game as a member of the Minnesota Wild. It also features the desirable 100th anniversary patch! Unfortunately, beyond some very lightly frayed material, wear is almost inexistent. Still, it is a stunning piece of a very solid goaltender who will hopefully get his chance to shine as a starter one day!

Acquired From: The Minnesota Wild, with LOA

Dates of Game Use:

*February 28, 2017 v Winnipeg (24-29, 6-5L)
March 10, 2017 v Florida (25-28, 7-4)
March 12, 2017 v Chicago (18-20, 4-2L)
April 8, 2017 v Arizona (20-21, 3-1W)

Photomatched: Referenced only due to lack of any discernible wear (which is also lacking in all games photographed from this time period)

[Image: kuemper1_zpsdfwdgb8x.jpg]

[Image: kuemper2_zpsfezbpagx.jpg]

[Image: kuemper3_zpsboep16zn.jpg]

[Image: kuemper4_zpsvhus57hh.jpg]