Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Duncan Topps Chrome Rookie Auto Question

Tim Duncan Topps Chrome Rookie Auto Question
Hello,

I currently live in San Antonio and am going to have the opportunity to get Tim Duncan to sign for me. I currently have three of his Topps Chrome Rookie Cards. These are the three I have: PSA 10 #115 Regular Rookie, BGS 8.5 #115 Rookie Refractor, and a BGS 9.5 #115 Rookie Refractor. The third one is by far the most valuable. So my question is which one would be the best option to get autographed? Not really sure how to approach this. Is it worth breaking the case of the BGS 9.5 refractor to get an auto? Could this hurt the grade? Also which company do you recommend to send it off to in order to have the auto graded? Also should I have the card graded again along with the Auto? Or just the auto? Sorry for so many questions I just got back into collecting cards and do not know a lot about getting in person autos graded/authenticated. Thanks!

RE: Tim Duncan Topps Chrome Rookie Auto Question
I wouldn't have him sign his Topps Chrome RC(Especially not with those grades). It's just going to decrease the value. You'd be better off getting him to sign some lower end RC, 8x10 photo or basketball.

No way would I open a BGS9.5 or PSA10 Duncan chrome rookie to get him to sign it. I'd sooner get him to sign the case, but even then I would sooner find something else for him to sign. If you are set on him signing his Chrome rookie, then go buy a raw copy and have him sign that. However there are a lot of other Duncan rookies that look nice and are much cheaper that having him sign (and getting authenticated) would increase the value more than it would for his Chrome rookie.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree, don't crack open any high graded cards. Check out COMC or ebay, you can buy a bunch of his cards raw and try to get them signed. If your intent is to flip them, than I would send them to PSA for PSA/DNA authentication.
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

Find another rookie card for him to sign, I would suggest not cracking open those cases.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona