`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody collect older "wax" boxes? Storage question!

Anybody collect older "wax" boxes? Storage question!
Greetings!

In the recent two years or so, I've picked up a fairly good amount of wax boxes, ranging from 1981-present, with a large majority of those being from mid-late 1980's. My question is this. I will be storing them in my house and want to keep them in as nice of shape as possible. I've talked to a few fellow collectors and they agree that using basic paper boxes (think copier paper boxes) would be more than adequate. Not that I don't trust them, but just curious if there are any other suggestions. Thanks!

Happy Collecting!

Mark

RE: Anybody collect older "wax" boxes? Storage question!
Personally, I wouldn't trust long term storage to any cardboard boxes. All it takes is one busted pipe in the wrong place for it to all end in tears. I'd pick up some inexpensive plastic totes from Walmart and use those. Maybe toss a few spare silica gel packs from shoe boxes in there for additional moisture control.

I also collect wax boxes and store them in plastic totes as well. It seems to keep them drier and more resistant to moisture. I have topps wax boxes from 1984 to present. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Gum + pests/rodents = disaster ... cardboard is easily penetrated, while plastic ... less so.

"There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it?" From The Graduate Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

OK! OK! Plastic it is!!!!!

Maybe I should consider those boxes of 52 Topps being safer in the safe deposit box at the bank, eh? Smile

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mark