`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom brady 2000 bowman chrome

Tom brady 2000 bowman chrome
I've been recently collecting brady cards over the past year and I have 3 2000 bowman chrome cards, one is off centered and one is slightly off centered. My main question is I have one that is nearly perfect centering on the front with perfect corners and edges, but it has some small dots on the surface( mainly only at the bottom). You can only notice them when you look at the card under the light and at certain angles. I was told they're for sparkle by a sports shop. but I have one that does not have them on the surface. Is this normal and if so will it hurt the surface grade. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Tom brady 2000 bowman chrome
I am not an expert but I just did a Google search and nothing mentions white dots or sparkle for this card.

Thanks for the reply. I also couldn't find anything about it or could find any images on ebay that resemble it. Its so hard to notice unless under the light. The card still looks like a piece of glass and the marks do not appear to be indentations. I guess ill just send it out and get my answer that way. If I can't get a 9.5 then I most be going blind. Thanks again

My gut says the physical surface of the card is fine, but the application of the ink onto that surface was imperfect... not 100% sure, but I would imagine that impacts the surface grade.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

PM sent, thanks!

RJ
Smile 
So I sent the card out last week to get a answer. I was hoping the imperfections wouldn't hurt the surface grade and cause the card to be a 9 and not a 10. Apparently it does not hurt the surface grade cause it came back a psa gem mint 10. Sorry bgs but psa mint sells for a lot more than a 9.5 and I have plans on reselling. Thanks for the replies

(08-01-2017, 02:45 PM)lbj1234 Wrote: So I sent the card out last week to get a answer. I was hoping the imperfections wouldn't hurt the surface grade and cause the card to be a 9 and not a 10. Apparently it does not hurt the surface grade cause it came back a psa gem mint 10. Sorry bgs but psa mint sells for a lot more than a 9.5 and I have plans on reselling. Thanks for the replies
Since when? I've always seen BGS 9.5s selling for higher than PSA 10s.

They're way more respected than PSA and they are tougher graders, too.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(08-01-2017, 05:27 PM)hempick Wrote: Since when? I've always seen BGS 9.5s selling for higher than PSA 10s.

They're way more respected than PSA and they are tougher graders, too.
while BGS is more respected hes right.. psa 10s have sold for almost $500 more. Id prefer BGS over PSA because I feel PSA grades just about anything at a 10. IF psa doesn't grade it a 10 its virtucally garbage IMO. Had a jimmy Graham PSA 9 contenders.. sent it to BGS and got it back as an 8.5..
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Like winning the lottery! Congrats!
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

Thank you that's how I felt after seeing it. Also a psa 9 to a bgs 8.5 is not a good examole. .5 on someone's opinion is not far off.. Could have gone the other way as well. Also I have been watching brady cards for the last year and all psa 10 sells for more.. 9.5 sp authentic is 10 grand psa 10 is almost 20 grand.how do you explain that? There's also 500 more 9.5 bowman chrome then psa 10s. 1300 to 800...