`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone use the Topps Bunt app?

Does anyone use the Topps Bunt app?
Just curious to see if anyone uses this app on their phone/tablet. I read some reviews and they are mixed, so just wanted to see if it was even worth downloading and using.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Does anyone use the Topps Bunt app?
I use it but only free things, have never paid for anything. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would pay for digital cards. They have autos and relics which makes no sense to me. I've earned a few through completing sets but not sure what to do with them. I guess I'll try and sell on ebay. They cost nothing so if I can get a few bucks I'd be ahead. I just use it as a time waster. Not sure that helps.

I have never understood the concept of digital cards.

If I needed to, I could just take pictures off the Internet of cards I'll probably never own (Mike Trout 2009 Bowman Chrome, Michael Jordan RC, for example) and place them in a folder on my computer desktop.

Then, I could look at them whenever I wanted, and then realize that I don't actually own them and turn off my computer.

I use it, and the Star Wars one. They're interesting, but like most of the others here, I really don't get the big appeal. Watching an animation of a pack being opened, thumbing through the cards (or more often, trying to thumb through the cards, accidentally swiping up, missing half the pack, then wondering what else I got because there's no good way to look and see recently opened, or anything like that), seeing them go into the giant, poorly sorted pool just... loses a lot of the appeal.

Plus there's the ownership issue. My box of 1992 Topps may not be worth much, but at least it's mine, in my possession to do with as I see fit. Trade, give away, start a fire, clip to a kid's bicycle, whatever I want to do with them, they're mine. What can I really do with a virtual card?

The main value for me is really in the Star Wars card app, because there's some hardcore collectors who pay top dollar for some of these little .jpg images to be in their virtual collections. Not that I'll likely ever pull one of those, but at least the speculation is free.

thanks for the feedback everyone
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I also do not purchase anything, but that's okay. I like the Batter Up game. I also like leveling up the cards.