`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's this for luck?

How's this for luck?
Went to Wal Mart today and bought the only Bowman Platinum blaster they had. The outside of the box appeared to be fine. When I opened it every pack had 2017 Topps series one cards even the bonus pack. I sent an email to Topps to see what they will do for me.

RE: How's this for luck?
Sounds like someone bought, exchanged the packs, resealed and returned it.

I've also heard of employees gathering loose packs and placing them into empty boxes!
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(07-12-2017, 11:28 AM)oneofakindcards Wrote: Sounds like someone bought, exchanged the packs, resealed and returned it.

I've also heard of employees gathering loose packs and placing them into empty boxes!
I would say the 1st one is most likely. I have had that happen before, and if you look carefully at the cellophane/plastic wrapper around the box there is usually a tell tale sign of either tape (typically double sided), a sticker covering of the original hole, or re-shrinking wrapping (hard to tell as you have to compare it to another box from the same company).

I have never hear of Walmart or Target employees putting loose packs into empty boxes and then resealing them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The packs inside were all Bowman Platinum packs. However the top of each pack was loose. I guess I should have been suspicious from the start. Maybe I will go back to Wal Mart and complain.

(07-12-2017, 11:46 AM)cspen Wrote: The packs inside were all Bowman Platinum packs. However the top of each pack was loose. I guess I should have been suspicious from the start. Maybe I will go back to Wal Mart and complain.
I had that happen with Stadium Club a few years ago. Ever since, I carefully inspect the plastic wrap on every blaster before I buy it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

that was a first for me. I guess I need to be more observant in the future. I was just so excited to find Bowman Platinum. I took it back to Wal Mart and they refunded my money, so all is good.

(07-12-2017, 01:04 PM)cspen Wrote: that was a first for me. I guess I need to be more observant in the future. I was just so excited to find Bowman Platinum. I took it back to Wal Mart and they refunded my money, so all is good.
That is awesome that they refunded. I know some Walmarts refuse to issue refunds for cards, especially ones they are opened.

(07-12-2017, 01:09 PM)djohn Wrote: That is awesome that they refunded. I know some Walmarts refuse to issue refunds for cards, especially ones they are opened.
I would have exchanged it for another one if they had one. The girl never even hesitated to refund my money

Ok, forgive me if I am missing the point, but why would someone bother to replace stolen merchandise? The only scenario that makes sense to me is if someone bought it, took it home, replaced the cards (why not plain paper stock) and got a refund.
Am I missing something hete? In MN crime is so minimal...

(07-12-2017, 01:56 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Ok, forgive me if I am missing the point, but why would someone bother to replace stolen merchandise? The only scenario that makes sense to me is if someone bought it, took it home, replaced the cards (why not plain paper stock) and got a refund.
Am I missing something hete? In MN crime is so minimal...
That's exactly what they do. Getting an entire blaster or two for free and ridding yourself of worthless base at the same time.
Kepler