`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Pull of The Mick From Bowman Platinum!

Nice Pull of The Mick From Bowman Platinum!
So because my local WalMart has the worst selection of cards possible, I went to the next town over and found one last collector's box of 2017 Bowman Platinum on the shelf.

No blasters, no jumbos, just one lonely collector's box.

Second pack ... Aaron Judge RC!

Fourth pack I pull this fellow right here ...

[Image: Mickey_zps6akawix5.jpg]

These are listed for pretty big bucks on the bay at the moment.

RE: Nice Pull of The Mick From Bowman Platinum!
Nice pull Retail King! You should consider yourself extremely lucky even finding that product! Who was your other auto? Also did you get Bellinger? Congrats again!

(07-11-2017, 01:10 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice pull Retail King! You should consider yourself extremely lucky even finding that product! Who was your other auto? Also did you get Bellinger? Congrats again!
Thanks man!

My other auto was Will Benson (Indians), so we'll see.

No Bellinger, but I did pull a blue chrome/150 of him out of a regular Bowman blaster a couple of months back, not to mention a yellow paper out of a rack pack ... so I figured with the Judge rookie and the Moniak it was a pretty solid box of Platinum even without Bellinger.

(I pulled a Moncada RC and a Benintendi insert, too, so I really can't complain about rookies for this one.)

Yeah, I've been to a total of three WalMarts now and that is the only box/pack of any kind that I have found, so I'm probably one-and-done on this one.

Awesome pull and one nice looking card.

Very nice! Congrats!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Sweet!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(07-11-2017, 04:15 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Awesome pull and one nice looking card.
Thank you, my friend ... now I just need for him to start hitting, LOL
(07-11-2017, 07:40 PM)demondukk Wrote: Very nice! Congrats!
Thank you! I was glad to find at least one box of this stuff. The WalMart in my area doesn't even try to stock sports cards, so when the companies do this "exclusive" stuff I have to go on a wild goose chase.
(07-12-2017, 12:06 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sweet!
That's what I said!

Congrats on not just finding a box, but pulling some great cards from it. I have been to a handful of Walmarts and have yet to see any Platinum. Similarly, I have been to the 3 closest Targets several times over the past few months and have yet to see any of the Bowman exclusive boxes.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-12-2017, 11:40 AM)djohn Wrote: Congrats on not just finding a box, but pulling some great cards from it. I have been to a handful of Walmarts and have yet to see any Platinum. Similarly, I have been to the 3 closest Targets several times over the past few months and have yet to see any of the Bowman exclusive boxes.
Yep, I haven't seen the "mega" boxes of Bowman anywhere, and this Platinum box is the only box or pack of any kid that I've found at a total of 3 WalMarts.

Football with rookies in their NFL uniforms is coming out this week, and basketball won't be far behind, so this may be it for baseball for me for the year.

I'm holding out hope that Moniak will develop some power, but the relatively low average is somewhat of a concern too. If you're the #1 pick, you should be a pretty good player by your second year at least.