`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a card

Help with a card
I have a 2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars Chris Weinke RC and it has a foil sticker autograph and a certified stamp on it. I found this card in the price guide but doesn't have any prices for an autographed version of the card. So I'm wondering if this is legit or a counterfeit. I also have NO idea how it got into my collection. I don't have any other 2000 Leaf R& S cards, I wouldn't have brought or traded for this card.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

RE: Help with a card
I have a Jim Kubiak autographed card from the same set. What is the serial number on yours? If I recall correctly, only the first x-amount of every rookie card had the autographed sticker, while the rest of the print run did not... I always thought it posed an interesting question about the true RC tag since that card is not necessarily a parallel, but rather a part of the actual base rookie print run... regardless, your card is legit!
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

(07-07-2017, 06:26 AM)c squared Wrote: I have a Jim Kubiak autographed card from the same set. What is the serial number on yours? If I recall correctly, only the first x-amount of every rookie card had the autographed sticker, while the rest of the print run did not... I always thought it posed an interesting question about the true RC tag since that card is not necessarily a parallel, but rather a part of the actual base rookie print run... regardless, your card is legit!

Yea seemed to like to do that back in the early 2000s. There was a whole donruss set where they were serial numbered to 100 but the whole set had the first ten cards autod but the rest werent

Figured it out. I noticed the certification stamp had 2004 in it so I checked the 2004 Leaf R&S and sure enough found it. 2004 Draft Class of 2001 Autographs. They took a 2000 Leaf R & S slapped a sticker Auto on it and re-released it. This is a very Panini-esque move , I wonder if they were already infiltrating Donruss at this point.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

SORRY, FEEL BAD ABOUT DECEPTION!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Dak signed it.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

(07-10-2017, 02:37 AM)collectorsnet Wrote: Dak signed it.
:-p :-p :-p :-p :-p
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel