`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Where are the parallels?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Only set build
10.53%
2 10.53%
Only grab singles of my guys
78.95%
15 78.95%
Not worth adding parallels to org
5.26%
1 5.26%
Don't go in for "lower end" product
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who here besides me, still collects...

Who here besides me, still collects...
Obviously the lack of traders on here contributes to it, but very few people seem to have parallels to trade anymore. Granted I am one of them, as I haven't been able to buy much of anything, so my trade bait is very limited, but I can't find many of the parallels I want for my rainbows available...and c'mon, less face it, not many people collect the score rainbow of Vontaze Burfict lol! So what about you guys? Mostly set collectors? Only buying singles of the guys you collect? Or just not worth the time loading in parallels from lower end products?

RE: Who here besides me, still collects...
Let's see...First, someone else has to buy hobby boxes. Then, they have to stumble upon a card you want. Then, they have to be willing to trade away that card. Then, they have to be aware that you want that card. Finally, they have to find something of yours that they want.

I am not sure that your poll covers this scenario in order to make that particular trade happen. Of course, I am doing this "tongue-in-cheek", but two long-time collectors are leaving the hobby this week because trades are getting tougher to negotiate. I would bet that my explanation is valid in most cases, as I have posted 6 forum threads about trading in the past month and it brought me only an average of 2 trades per post.

Facebook groups

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I do what I've always done, collect anything except base of any Hurricanes and some Dolphins

If I had the guys you were looking for I'd be all over trading/sending them to you. It's been tough wanting to break boxes with Topps (Finest) out of the game. I suspect if you could join some FB groups of Cinci area collectors you might have a better time.

I checked your needs in my ORG. Had several, but unfortunately none of your color parallels. I add everything.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Personally im out to get one of every vikings card made. Base, parallels, variation, numbered etc etc. I bust boxes to build sets and get trade bait. So im in a little bit of everything. Makes trades a little easier for me to make. But finding a real lack of people to trade with which makes it hard. But ill keep pushing lol.

You all have valid points, and like KB said, someone has to buy the boxes lol. But lately there are so few of us, and none of us are really breaking boxes. I'd love to, just can't afford it. I think the hang up there is that there used to be a lot more people, and they were breaking boxes all the time, adding new blood. I've traded just about everything non-packer the last year, and haven't been able to add much for trade bait, so I am also guilty lol.

Thanks JP! I keep you in mind when scanning for trades.

I appreciate those who checked my org as well!

I've tried a couple Facebook groups, but only one ended up drama and scam free, but now they are doing almost exclusively memorabilia and high end stuff. The search continues!

I only grab parallels for a couple of my PC guys any other parallels I pick up just because I like the way that specific parallel looks.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

My time and budget pretty much forces me to go for singles of my PC players. I also look for breaks for my PC stuff. Usually this gives me no trade material.

I am also struggling with chasing Rainbows especially the /10's, /5's and 1/1's.