`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Where are the parallels?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Only set build
10.53%
2 10.53%
Only grab singles of my guys
78.95%
15 78.95%
Not worth adding parallels to org
5.26%
1 5.26%
Don't go in for "lower end" product
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who here besides me, still collects...

RE: Who here besides me, still collects...
I collect Skins cards for my PC when I can, and am actually a huge fan of RCs and numbered parallels in general. I pick up as much tradebait as I can at shows, usually lower end stuff with BVs of $10 or less. I rarely break boxes, but sometimes I do get the urge to since there is nothing else like it in terms of the thrill of the chase. But like others have said the cost is so high now and the results are usually not worth the risk, but it does add AUs/GUs to your tradebait at least.

I upload all of my cards into my organize when I get them, so I have a lot of numbered cards in there. Haven't made too many trades on this site but have almost 1,000 total through other forms like Blowout and SCF. Trading has become more difficult over the years especially with lower end trades due to shipping costs rising. I'd be interested in trading though with anyone that's reading this so feel free to check out my orgainze or PM me.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU

Oddly enough, I love parallels. I can't really seem to get enough of them even though most dislike a product having so many.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Last years Zeke/Dak price hike priced me out of buying boxes and I mostly bought singles. I bought some Optic to fulfill my Topps Chrome fixation but they just kept going up and up. So a couple boxes and blasters and I was out. I also bought some Playoff because I like the look and fortunately my "hit" were mostly guys I collect. I just really do not like the majority of the products Panini puts out. Prizm's ok but the design is too similar year to year. I really like Optic(Chrome and oca's) and Playoff had a simple design and solid photography. Unparalled was cool but couldn't pull the trigger on a box. I also picked up some Immaculate singles.

So pretty much it's singles for me with football from here on out unless I bust some older boxes.

Thanks guys for all the responses. It sounds like due to overpricing, and panini's takeover, most of us have stopped buying anything but what we ourselves collect, which kills trading lol. Sounds like budgets are our biggest issue! I too love the thrill of opening a box, but if I buy a box, and a low end one at that, that tops out my budget, so it's always taking a back seat to just grabbing stuff. But by far, chasing the parallel rainbows are my favorite!

(06-29-2017, 02:00 PM)savagenate Wrote: Who and what brands? I'm in the same boat budget wise.
My PC is Michigan State players in college unis. I prefer the brands where the MSU logos are not photo shopped out.

I have been going hard at the 2016 Prizm Draft Picks for over a year but haven't seen a lot of the Greens or Oranges. I finally found 1 Black 1/1 but will have to make a lowball offer. Score also has a lot of parallels that can be tough to chase down.

I try to keep my habit to under $100/month. The biggest issue is time. I spend most of it looking for good deals and not enough managing what I already have.

(07-17-2017, 02:25 PM)lillychr14 Wrote: My PC is Michigan State players in college unis. I prefer the brands where the MSU logos are not photo shopped out.

I have been going hard at the 2016 Prizm Draft Picks for over a year but haven't seen a lot of the Greens or Oranges. I finally found 1 Black 1/1 but will have to make a lowball offer. Score also has a lot of parallels that can be tough to chase down.

I try to keep my habit to under $100/month. The biggest issue is time. I spend most of it looking for good deals and not enough managing what I already have.
I'll keep you in mind if I come across any. I have the same management issue as well. I've got too many different collections lol.