`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noticed this confusing checklist card numbering.
Rainbow 
Noticed this confusing checklist card numbering.
I am just about done with the 2015 topps series 2 set cards numbered 352-701 and noticed something odd.

The checklist cards are as follows:

Card 398 is checklist 1

Card 444 is checklist 2

Card 449 is checklist 3

Card 613 is checklist 4

Card 659 is checklist 5

What I noticed was that checklist 1 which you would think would have the first cards of the series does not. They have the second group of cards and the other checklists are also like this.

Here is what I mean.

Checklist card 1 has card numbers 424-495

Checklist card 2 has card numbers 496-567

Checklist card 3 has card numbers 568-639

Checklist card 4 has card numbers 352-423

Checklist card 5 has card numbers 640-701.

For some reason checklist card 4 was given the first cards in the series and not the first checklist card like it should be. Was this done intentionally or no?

I am only missing 2 cards from this series set cards 616 and 701. 701 I can find easily and cheaply enough but card 616 is quite expensive. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of card 616 for cheap? I do not want to spend more then $10 on it. Card 616 just happens to be Kris Bryants rookie card. Condition does not bother me as long as it is a complete card so no missing pieces and no creases.

RE: Noticed this confusing checklist card numbering.
This is not the first time checklists have been the way you described. For example the 1994 Upper Deck all-time Heroes were like that. I remember another set being this way, but can't remember which set it was. Never a big problem for me, as I always the checklists after the normal cards, and then I put them in order by the cards on the checklist, not by the checklist number itself.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

The hard part about getting the Kris Bryant rookie cheap is that with today's cards it's rare for there to be significant damage. People who are buying cards today know how to handle them to keep them in good condition, especially hot young rookie cards. I am sure a damaged one will come up for sale, but you might just have to wait awhile.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-18-2017, 03:53 PM)djohn Wrote: I am sure a damaged one will come up for sale, but you might just have to wait awhile.
Yea I know and I am willing to wait awhile. Just thought I would put this out there in case someone knows where I can find one. I am also hoping I might pull one from a Fairfield repack box.