`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can This Be Reslabbed Bryant Purple

Can This Be Reslabbed Bryant Purple
Been thinking if I can it might be time to get this reslabbed but not sure if or how Beckett does it.Don't want to pay Grading fees just to do it

Lower left corner is chipped

photo brypur_zpshhnkico0.jpgh4me1

RE: Can This Be Reslabbed Bryant Purple
Wow...I would not fool with it. The small chip would not deter me from displaying or purchasing and reslabbing could damage the card. If it was not a 10..might...small chance..might consider reslabbing.

Nice card...

(05-31-2017, 06:24 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Wow...I would not fool with it. The small chip would not deter me from displaying or purchasing and reslabbing could damage the card. If it was not a 10..might...small chance..might consider reslabbing.
Nice card...
Agreed. Who knows if it will come back as a 10 again. They might send it back as a 9.5 and then you'd be really sorry. The chip wouldn't deter me from buying that card, were I in the market for that particular item.
What's that saying ... "Don't fix it if it ain't broke"... well, here's the one time to kinda do the opposite. Don't fix it if it is only broke a little. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Don't touch it!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

You should probably just trade it to me to be safe :-)
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Hi Jeff:Thank You

DrMitch, zep:Many Thanks.Thought reslabbing meant they would just put it in a new case with same grade.Didn't think about any damage that could be caused by breaking it.

jay:Not going to.Will keep it as is.

flame:lol

Yes, it can be re-slabbed without a grade change for like $10 or $15

That would bother me. If the card is a 10 I would want the case to be a 10 as well.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I'd reslab it. Like HOF already said, it is only a fraction of the initial grading cost. Just call them to find out how much it is unless it is listed on their grading page? If you are going to sell it, then I'd just sell it as is and make a note to the buyer that the case is chipped on the lower corner in your initial description. Most people won't care about the chip and it won't detract from their bid. If it is just going into the PC, I'd reslab it because I want my PC to be high end but that is just me. The grade won't change since the graders won't ever even see it.

BUT...BGS is really back logged right now. Go read that forum if you want to see how much.

Whatever you decide, nice card!