`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thinking of getting back into the hobby

thinking of getting back into the hobby
hey all thinking of getting back into collecting ball cards. just checking to see how the organizer and trading is working now. been out of the hobby about 2 years i think? anyway just thought i would see whats going on around the site...thxs..Tom.
[Image: chevydad575banner.jpg]
....I COLLECT....
CHIPPER JONES,GREG MADDUX,BOBBY COX,JOHN SMOLTZ,ANDRUW JONES,JASON HEYWARD,BRIAN MCCANN
I MAIL ON PAYDAY FRIDAY'S EACH WEEK...

RE: thinking of getting back into the hobby
Welcome back Tom, I sent over an offer if you're interested in trading again. Thanks.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

Trading is always fun.....it's like Christmas ever time I get a bubble mailer in the mailbox .....lol
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(05-30-2017, 10:53 PM)elberson Wrote: Trading is always fun.....it's like Christmas ever time I get a bubble mailer in the mailbox .....lol
+10000
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Welcome back and I can't agree more with Elberson.

Always nice to see another Braves fan!

Seems like trading these days is more difficult than in the past but I think a lot of people do still enjoy it and don't want it to ever stop.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU

Welcome back Tom.

Biggest improvement I've noticed to the site is that the iPhone app now supports the organizer. It has an annoying habit of changing your custom views back to a default view, so going between PC and phone app is a bit of a pain, but it's invaluable for those "do I already have this?" moments at the local card shop. One big feature that the organizer is still missing is a bulk edit option. Someday...

I don't do a lot of trading, but all the trades I've done have been great. Folks seem happy and generous, even when I've screwed up on my end with newbie shipping mistakes. Definitely beats some of the other collector communities I've been involved with.

thxs guys trying to dig all my ball cards out of storage and set me up a room in my house to get back organized maybe be ready this weekend . going yard sailing and flee marketing tomorrow maybe i will find a gem...
[Image: chevydad575banner.jpg]
....I COLLECT....
CHIPPER JONES,GREG MADDUX,BOBBY COX,JOHN SMOLTZ,ANDRUW JONES,JASON HEYWARD,BRIAN MCCANN
I MAIL ON PAYDAY FRIDAY'S EACH WEEK...

Do any of you have luck going to yard sales? I don't do it but was wondering if I should start to maybe find some cards. I just figure most stuff is the late 80s early 90s garbage no one wants.

As far as the Beckett app goes, are there two different ones? I have the one that is just called Beckett and I use for looking up prices.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU

(06-03-2017, 05:36 PM)ryane007 Wrote: Do any of you have luck going to yard sales? I don't do it but was wondering if I should start to maybe find some cards. I just figure most stuff is the late 80s early 90s garbage no one wants.
Here in Minnesota I have never seen cards in garage sales and when I tried to do it on a Friday not a single car stopped by.

I had stuff from 1977 thru 2015 with plenty of $5+ cards.