`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching up once again ...more hits ... even more

Catching up once again ...more hits ... even more
Hey everyone, just wanted to update my latest additions.
It's a mixed bag of retail blasters breaks, online case breaks and some ebay pick ups.
Last year, Diamond Kings and Donruss were over the top awesome. Retail hits were coming fast and furious, so this year, i kinda expected some halfway decent hits, only to come up mostly empty handed. A few relics that I posted earlier, some more relics and other than getting my Yankee fix of Bird & Judge relics cards, nothing else too exciting.
Bowman treated me much better by giving me my first top dollar hit in my second or third blaster.
[Image: 4D1153E8-15BD-4142-96D0-26C9FD28A73A_zpsclvfqk1i.jpg]
Josh Rogers base auto & purple /250 auto, Perdomo red chrome /5, Robles & Benintendi green Chrome top 100/99, Christian Arroyo green chrome auto/99
And while on the subject of Bowman, Here's a Bowman repro of a'52 Mantle in blue Chrome from 2008.
[Image: 9D0DE4C8-3569-4DA1-AACC-9FEE33396B39_zps5zsmxhjl.jpg]
[Image: 7277A35A-9458-40BA-8197-0D80BD211A3A_zps86ybtr9e.jpg]
Babe Ruth Yankee Stadium Seat relic/20 ... more Yankee PC stuff !!!
[Image: 03F757FC-7F99-4EA3-87A2-CA0C8821470F_zpsbxxlgxvl.jpg]
Some more retail hits, And some more Yankees... prospect Justus Sheffield Silhouettes patch /5, Nick Banks relic auto /25 and Tyler Beede auto relic /99
And some more PC additions
[Image: 9DC1B326-6B88-4F4C-97A9-29B73B7540F6_zpsas1gpy5d.jpg]
Buster P purple auto /25 from 5 Star & Dave Kingman auto relic/199 from Pantheon
Last but not least, Dansby Swanson auto, 2015 Trinity Pure Glass Charcoal
[Image: 31468E39-4903-4587-8EBC-EB4D86A93DBD_zpsxxjjrdsy.jpg]
I might be missing a few, but that should hold us for now Smile

Here are a few more pick ups
[Image: F09C5CC8-2F29-42D8-B9B0-898D8A7D9FA9_zpsuuxoysqm.jpg]

Hard to see Rod's auto in the Significant Sigs card, so I picked up this sweet Strata
[Image: 929B1B24-9D16-4178-A1E1-C2E0146FCF74_zpsosyg61hv.jpg]
I love Carew, sorry Jared, not FT Sad

A couple of 2016 Tier One relics (Abreu is PC, Molina is FT)
[Image: 3FC526BD-9CFA-4B3A-BB30-425862F5567B_zpsdeopxjua.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Catching up once again ...more hits
All great cards but I especially like the Ruth, Posey and Kong.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Wow, really nice. Love the Babe!
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Great stuff, Doc! That Posey is especially nice!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Doc, you're doing it again, making me drool for the Mantle and Ruth. Especially the Ruth, it's awesome. But my keyboard hates you for making me drool.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(05-19-2017, 08:53 AM)zeprock Wrote: All great cards but I especially like the Ruth, Posey and Kong.
Thanks! As a Yankee Fan, I always hated the Mets, but as a baseball fan, always loved to watch Dave Kingman. Kong always had a sweet HR swing.
(05-19-2017, 09:30 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Wow, really nice. Love the Babe!
Thanks! The Ruth cards came with either a Yankees Bat, Red Sox Bat, Yankee Stadium Seat or Fenway Seat. Glad I was able to get a piece of the old, old Yankee Stadium Seat with the paint still on it.
(05-19-2017, 11:01 AM)aprirr Wrote: Great stuff, Doc! That Posey is especially nice!
Thanks! I lucked out on that one, a random box break. I was lucky to get a redemption card and recently got it shipped from Topps. There were only 2 cards per box, so the odds were really against me.
(05-19-2017, 03:09 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Doc, you're doing it again, making me drool for the Mantle and Ruth. Especially the Ruth, it's awesome. But my keyboard hates you for making me drool.
Sorry! One of these days, I need to send you a Yankees pinstripe bib. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-19-2017, 11:41 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks! As a Yankee Fan, I always hated the Mets, but as a baseball fan, always loved to watch Dave Kingman. Kong always had a sweet HR swing.

Thanks! The Ruth cards came with either a Yankees Bat, Red Sox Bat, Yankee Stadium Seat or Fenway Seat. Glad I was able to get a piece of the old, old Yankee Stadium Seat with the paint still on it.

Thanks! I lucked out on that one, a random box break. I was lucky to get a redemption card and recently got it shipped from Topps. There were only 2 cards per box, so the odds were really against me.

Sorry! One of these days, I need to send you a Yankees pinstripe bib. Smile
Please do Doc, I sure need it when you post your new pickups. All kidding aside though, the Mantle and Ruth are very nice cards. What Topps product is the Mantle from??? If anyone pulls another, I'll trade for it. Anyway, very nice pulls Doc, can't wait to see what you pull next.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(05-20-2017, 12:15 AM)bamyanks Wrote: Please do Doc, I sure need it when you post your new pickups. All kidding aside though, the Mantle and Ruth are very nice cards. What Topps product is the Mantle from??? If anyone pulls another, I'll trade for it. Anyway, very nice pulls Doc, can't wait to see what you pull next.
The Mantle was from 2008 and it was originally from a 2008 factory set, I believe.
I bought a discounted repack blaster, and that was a bonus card. Pretty sweet pickup of a card I've never seen.

RE: Catching up once again ...more hits ... even more
Nice stuff DrM....as always esp. like the Ruth....could be a more flattering picture though. Kong was awesome, though I always picture him as a Cubbie. And I agree...probably the sweetest RH swing I've seen.....when he connected. Really like the Carew Significant Signatures. Great looking card. Thanks for sharing......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Catching up once again ...more hits ... even more
Love those Bowman Chrome Auto's. That last Heritage Brock is very sweet as well! Congrats on the nice pickups! Did you sell the Arroyo?