Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRADED ROOKIE CARD PRICE INCREASE

GRADED ROOKIE CARD PRICE INCREASE
Hi all,

So I have been sorting through some old cards of mine from when I was a kid. I have a LOT of rookie cards of premier players (some of who thrived in the steroid era). I was wondering, what kind of price increase could I see in the value of some of these cards if I was to have the card professionally graded?

I have the following cards plus a few extra...

Derek Jeter RC
Barry Bonds RC
Mark McGwire RC
Ken Griffey Jr. RC
Jose Canseco RC

I noticed on Beckett a lot of these are listed anywhere from $15-$25 a piece in very good condition. If I had them graded what kind of price increase could I see? I have a few duplicates also.

Thanks!

Tom

RE: GRADED ROOKIE CARD PRICE INCREASE
depends on the grade , product (ex. Topps, Bowman, etc..), desirable photo, print run just to name a few things.

Don't base the decision on book values, look at what true resale values are for the cards. Beckett lists actual data for some cards, so you can try looking there as well as eBay sold listings to get an idea as to whether it's worth grading them. A lot of it will come down to whether the cards come back as 9.5 or 10s, or if they come out lower grades. Of the players you listed Jeter is about the only one I would consider sending in for grading.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks for the responses! I really appreciate it. Fortunately, my Jeter seems to be in the best condition out of the cards I considered sending in. I also found a Rickey Henderson rookie card, however I don't know if I'd pull a high enough grade for it to be worth it. Might just send it in anyways since I know that card typically goes for a lot. Thanks again.